Understanding Silver Spot Price Chart

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
parischic's picture
parischic
Understanding Silver Spot Price Chart

Hi all,

I've been following silver spot prices daily on Franklin Sanders' SilverPrice for over a year and have noted that the US and EURO charts form pretty much the same pattern at the same time, give or take a bit of space accounting for the difference in the exchange rate. This morning (here in Paris) I'm looking at two completely different charts. When you compare the charts between 2 am and 5 am NY time, you see that the USD chart is bouncing up and down, whereas the EURO chart is clearly breaking out on the upside. Why is this?

Thanks for your insights.

sjdavis's picture
sjdavis
Re: Understanding Silver Spot Price Chart

Hi,

I notice you're new to the CM.com community, so welcome.  Also, a quick suggestion.  The community always prefers the real charts of data that you're evaluating.  This community lives on data, or at least reference to data.  

The intent of the site you link appears different than your question... does not show charts of silver price by currency to view.  Actually, it seems geared toward advertising.

Apologies if I misinterpreted the site.

parischic's picture
parischic

Hi SJD,

Thanks for your reply and the welcome - I have it bookmarked, so I'm not sure why it's not displaying properly. With the fluctuations in yesterday's silver market activity, you can't even see it anymore, it looks like a blip now. I'm wondering how it is that charts generally follow the same patterns, but yesterday morning they were completely different. I know that 24 hour charts show activity between Asian, European, and North American markets, so I'm not sure why yesterday's was so different. I watch the two charts because I live in France now but still follow USD. If I have a chart related question again, is it preferable if I post the chart with my question? I agree with the preference for real charts - I'm constantly poring through them. Thanks again for the heads-up.

sjdavis's picture
sjdavis

Hi Parischic,

Glad you're here to educate, learn and share.  There are a lot of smart people on CM.com and many that would enjoy the same analysis you're doing .  In fact, the observation that certain historical price trends and/or price relationships are becoming unhinged is discussed often.  Chris has mentioned bond, currency and metal relationships quite a bit recently, so it's a good topic.

To answer your question, it is preferable to post the chart.  It's not a problem to link a chart, but links to charts don't always work.  When the chart is in the actual post, you can be assured everyone is looking at the same data.

Stu

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments