jcorey's picture
jcorey
Re: Un Freaking Belivable

Cry

Sad day!

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

That's worse even than Obama winning the Nobel Prize......

Gobsmacked.

Mike

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

I knew exactly what this thread was about before I opened the link.
Couldn't agree more. Un-freaking-believable.

Only in a nation this twisted and perverse can we say with a straight face that this man is anything other than a bold faced liar and a crook.
Time Magazine should be ashamed of themselves.

So much for free press, eh?
But hey - if Minitru says it's so, it's so.
I suppose we're at war with Eastasia, and we've always been at war with Eastasia.

Double-plus un-cheers Comrades.
Syme (soon to be vaporized)

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Our Chris should've won this......  :-)

Mike

tom.'s picture
tom.
man of the year

nope .. here's the man of the year

ENLARGE

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat
Aaron Moyer wrote:

So much for free press, eh?
But hey - if Minitru says it's so, it's so.
I suppose we're at war with Eastasia, and we've always been at war with Eastasia.

Minitru is right! My level of dissonance is uncomfortably high lately. Some of the slanted news stories are just too obvious and too impeccably timed to news events to believe it is all coincidence. But most will still take the blue pill because it is easier to swallow.

I came across an interesting article that discusses some of the psychological impacts that the media and our society have on the citizens. It is probably not surprising to realize that low self esteem, low perception of control, lack of free time, and bombardment with entertainment are not very conducive to an awakening or protest. Certainly some interesting points to ponder, if not for society as a whole, then for each of us as individuals: http://www.alternet.org/politics/144529/are_americans_a_broken_people_wh...

Mike

jh355's picture
jh355

Sure, he’s the Man of the Year, what's wrong with you.  He postponed the greatest depression for one to 1-1/2 years, allowing all his wink wink buddies to board their life boats while capt White orders the deck chairs rearranged.  Maybe someone will "pin" a new metal chest pin on him in honor of such an elated award, two cheers for Big Ben

Next year will be a different story; all may witness a new Rope trick then.

james_knight_chaucer's picture
james_knight_chaucer

Hey guys, Karl Denninger's take on this might make you laugh

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/1740-Calling-The-Time-Person-Of-The-Year-Jackass.html

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Mike,

That article makes me want to scream from rooftops.
We're living in a state of "Stockholm's Syndrome" where the hostages literally are identifying with the criminals.
I don't know if I'm comforted by the idea that these abuses are by nature self-destructive and we'll ultimately see the end of our society, or if I'm disgusted that our society was such a short lived success. We really only lasted for about 150 years before the vision of our fathers began to deteriorate.

The only thing more daunting than a collapse at this point is the prospect that this subjegation will continue unchecked.

That is truly scary.

Aaron

PS JH355 - I agree with you 100%.

idoctor's picture
idoctor

He is a dangerous man.....he is a printer!!

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Re: Un Freaking Believable*

And in other news,

Rome is still burning..................

* Edited because Davos' spelling error was bugging me.

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

I don't think that you can entirely gauge American sentiment by the media (which indicates a huge disconnect in the functioning of our country), here we all think it's corrupt, many others not here do too, and some just don't care about the media at all as they don't care what the media has to say.

So it's not really the Stockholm syndrome, just that Time, NBC, CNN, ABC, etc. etc. happen to be Patty Hearst, it hasn't been determined whether the rest of America is the same.

And anyway Bonkers Ben is in good company with Khomeni, Stalin and Hitler. Although I somehow think that those three would look at him and think, man this guy is nuts.

FinPro's picture
FinPro

Its the fall of 2008.  What would you have done?

Increased, or decreased liquidity?

Be neutral, put a positive, or put a negative spin on the health of the banking system?

When jobs are going down at a 500-700k clip and rates are near/at zero, engage in quantitative easing and the racketeering of both the mortgage and government debt markets, or fold your arms?

On the weekend Lehman announced bankruptsy and Merrill Lynch ceased to exist as a stand alone company, pay off AIG's counterparties at 100%, or let AIG fail too?

Kudos Ben!  I still think his legacy hangs more in the balance of what he's yet to achieve, but don't question for a minute what he helped to avoid. 

joemanc's picture
joemanc
Quote:

Uh, let the house of cards collapse and rebuild the economy so it was structurally sound and built on savings and not more credit. Now, we have an economy even more structurally unsafe, an even bigger moral hazard thanks to Fiat Ben. I think Schiff said it's like rewarding a fireman for intentionally starting a fire, then he gets the award for being first on the scene to put out the fire. Except Uncle Benny poured more gasoline on the fire.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

This is just another excellent -- if stupefyingly wackadoo -- example of the ongoing decoupling of reality and perception out there in Zombieland.  FWIW, things like this make it easier for me to keep on keeping on -- prepping with all due alacrity.  Once the other 99% of the public gets a clue (and they eventually will, IMO), most prep-type action will get a lot more difficult and/or expensive.  

Viva -- Sager

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Oh -- and in the Denninger article (http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/1740-Calling-The-Time-Person...), he cites  an article (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/6819136/Gulf-petro-powers-t...) about the Gulf States forming their own currency (for denominating the oil trade).  Seems like that's the real news...

Viva -- Sager

Davos's picture
Davos
FinPro wrote:

Increased, or decreased liquidity?

Be neutral, put a positive, or put a negative spin on the health of the banking system?

When jobs are going down at a 500-700k clip and rates are near/at zero, engage in quantitative easing and the racketeering of both the mortgage and government debt markets, or fold your arms?

On the weekend Lehman announced bankruptsy and Merrill Lynch ceased to exist as a stand alone company, pay off AIG's counterparties at 100%, or let AIG fail too?

Kudos Ben!  I still think his legacy hangs more in the balance of what he's yet to achieve, but don't question for a minute what he helped to avoid. 

There was a system in place for companies that fail. Two: Their fix will make the next bust more severe and likely nothing will hold it off. Three, 23 trillion in backstops have been allocated, that would have been enough to pay off every mortgage and every credit card debt, instead we got a hodge podge plan that will fail. Paying it all off would have been a failure but it is better than rewarding the folks who have failed at our expense.

FinPro's picture
FinPro
joemanc wrote:
Quote:

Uh, let the house of cards collapse and rebuild the economy so it was structurally sound and built on savings and not more credit. Now, we have an economy even more structurally unsafe, an even bigger moral hazard thanks to Fiat Ben. I think Schiff said it's like rewarding a fireman for intentionally starting a fire, then he gets the award for being first on the scene to put out the fire. Except Uncle Benny poured more gasoline on the fire.

It took years after 1907 and 1929 before serious reform happened.  You clearly are one of those who'd rather an economy with ~25% unemployment "built on savings".  The only problem is "Honey, I shrunk the income" so bad there wouldn't even be the opportunity to save.  The s#it doesn't have to hit the fan that bad for what seems like a fiction, to so many, to stabilize.  I'd like to think of myself as draconian for wishing Volcker were back, but that view takes the cake.  Maybe I'm wrong and that's what it will take politically, but I don't think its necessary.  I also don't have a pallet of gold on my back porch;) 

Ready's picture
Ready
SagerXX wrote:

Seems like that's the real news...

My thoughts exactly!

Davos's picture
Davos
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

And in other news,

Dogs, you must be happy I'm not posting so much these days. My mom was an English teacher - I was good in math.

Will's picture
Will

Is it a coincidence that TIme names Benny "Person of the Year" immediately before the vote to determine his re-confirmation as the Fed Chairman?  I think not.  Now any congressman or senator who votes NO on his confirmation will be even more in the perceived minority and will probably be labeled as trying to sabotage Benny and his "brilliant" rescue/ recovery plans.  

My distrust and disgust for the corporate controlled mainstream media has officially redlined on my tachometer and I'm close to throwing a rod or burning a piston in my Hemi...

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
FinPro wrote:

"So, other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln?"

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Davos wrote:
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

And in other news,

Dogs, you must be happy I'm not posting so much these days. My mom was an English teacher - I was good in math.

Bring back the Davos DD and I will happily suffer your spelling and grammatical errors.

My own split infinitive notwithstanding.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

Bernacke was picked to give the Red and Blue sock puppets in the Senate cover for confirming his nomination. 

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:
FinPro wrote:

"So, other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln?"

Oh that's good Dogs... I might add that to my Sig...

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12

We probably do have close to 25 percent unemplyment, with U6 around 17 percent, add in the disabled, and those many who are self employed and cannot find contracts. I personally know several people who fit into that category, like programmers, vendors,consultants, designers contractors. None of them are counted, all are still un/underemployed for over a year.

There is a reason they call it a "depression".

Nacci's picture
Nacci

I surprised that you Men are surprised.  It is of benefit to us that players like Bernanke keep this system together as long as possible so that it allows us time to prepare.  Do you want this thing to fall apart tomorrow?  Have you done all you need to prepare?  Do you want those Dollars you have in the bank to hold some value long enough so that they can be exchanged for wood stoves, ammo and long term food storage?  Then look upon Bernanke and the propaganda machine behind them as your greatest friend.

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
Nacci wrote:

Do you want those Dollars you have in the bank to hold some value long enough so that they can be exchanged for wood stoves, ammo and long term food storage?

Check, check and check, also land (0.2 people per square mile here too), materials, equipment, vehicles, renewable energy is on the way (hope I got enough time) and the Internet.Laughing

idoctor's picture
idoctor

Bring back the Davos DD and I will happily suffer your spelling and grammatical errors.

+101...!!!Cool

Davos something tells me you were a pretty good pilot also....to go with those math skills.

It is of benefit to us that players like Bernanke keep this system together as long as possible so that it allows us time to prepare.  Do you want this thing to fall apart tomorrow?  Have you done all you need to prepare?  Do you want those Dollars you have in the bank to hold some value long enough so that they can be exchanged for wood stoves, ammo and long term food storage?  Then look upon Bernanke and the propaganda machine behind them as your greatest friend.

Very good points & true in my case. I feel like I have spent the last 14 months in overdrive getting all the material goods I can in exchange for this proped up foney paper. It takes more time to get idems collected in mass than on might think. Some idems have been in short supply. Thank you Ben.....didn't Michael Jackson create a special song just for Ben LOL).

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

FinPro wrote:

Quote:

It took years after 1907 and 1929 before serious reform happened.  You clearly are one of those who'd rather an economy with ~25% unemployment "built on savings".  The only problem is "Honey, I shrunk the income" so bad there wouldn't even be the opportunity to save.  The s#it doesn't have to hit the fan that bad for what seems like a fiction, to so many, to stabilize.  I'd like to think of myself as draconian for wishing Volcker were back, but that view takes the cake.  Maybe I'm wrong and that's what it will take politically, but I don't think its necessary.  I also don't have a pallet of gold on my back porch;) 

The serious reform in 1907 and 1929 are the problem.
Killing the free market via tax generation and levvying fines against the citizenry for exercising their rights in order to increase government spending are exactly what we got out of the first 30 years of the 1900's.

Not exactly worthy of emulation.

Aaron

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments