U-F-B A, B or C

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Davos's picture
Davos
U-F-B A, B or C

Who bought $168,000,000,000,000.00 in T-Bills last week????????

A.) Foreign Banks......Wrong Answer

B.) Mutual Funds........Wrong Answer

C.) Brokers...................Wrong Answer

So who the freak is bidding more and more each week for T-Bills for the blessing to earn NOTHING?

The weekly raw dollar amount is now $400,000,000,000.00 is 2x what it was during the 2008 collapse when people flew into what they perceive as "safe asset" because gold to them is a Roubini barbaric relic. 

D.) Could it be us, our kids and grand kids thanks to Time's 'person' of the year?

billb2c1214091_big

Amazing how a private bank can make purchases that leave us on the hook. If Turbo Timmy's idea of selling Citi at a loss and defining it as a way for tax payers to earn profit isn't UFB enough we likely have the person of the year sneakily buying T-Bills under the Plus Category of Households in the name of QE.

Davos's picture
Davos
cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Re: U-F-B A, B or C

Good find.

Hmmmmm....who could be buying hundred and hundreds of billions of dollars in fresh t-bills?  Who's got that kind of cash lying around?

TheRemnant's picture
TheRemnant

I confess.  It was me.  I got this really snazzy-doo printer...I just coudn't help myself!

I printed all that new money up and gave it to me and my friends.  If I didn't know you, I loaned it out at a really good interest rate and the best part is, if  they don't pay it back, I claim whatever collateral was on the loan!  It's so easy!  Why didn't anyone think of this before?  Oh.  Wait...

Tongue out

docmims's picture
docmims
cmartenson wrote:

Good find.

Hmmmmm....who could be buying hundred and hundreds of billions of dollars in fresh t-bills?  Who's got that kind of cash lying around?

It was me.  I put it on my America Express card, and moved to a new address.  Hopefully i can get one coupon payment before the bill comes.  Thanks for explaining the dollar carry trade to me Chris!!  Wink

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Hey Davos!  Your smiling face (avatar) is back; thanks!  I know things are bad, but seeing the grim reaper by your name whenever you posted before was a downer!:) 

Also, Time magazine may be nauseating  enough in who they put on the cover of their magazine (unless you look at JAG's post under the DD for today; worth checking out!).  But look on the bright side:at least Sports Illustrated put Stephen Colbert on their cover!  Maybe in some yin-yang kind of way, the universe is trying to balance itself out...

Davos's picture
Davos
pinecarr wrote:

Hey Davos!  Your smiling face (avatar) is back; thanks!  I know things are bad, but seeing the grim reaper by your name whenever you posted before was a downer!:) 

Also, Time magazine may be nauseating  enough in who they put on the cover of their magazine (unless you look at JAG's post under the DD for today; worth checking out!).  But look on the bright side:at least Sports Illustrated put Stephen Colbert on their cover!  Maybe in some yin-yang kind of way, the universe is trying to balance itself out...

I thought the grim economic reaper was funny, apparently it was in bad taste, I'm not very politically correct. Sorry if I offended anyone. Thanks, I did catch Jag's masterpiece and it was a welcome smile. I read the DD faithfully and am quite thankful to Sax et al.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Nah, no offense taken Davos!  I didn't think it was in bad taste.  I just misinterpreted  it to mean your outlook had taken a major downturn (as if there weren't reason for that!), which, in turn, bummed me out.  It wouldn't bum me out as much now, knowing you intended it with a sense of humor! 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments