Two interviews: Mathew Simmons/ Michael O'higgins

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Two interviews: Mathew Simmons/ Michael O'higgins

Two interesting interviews from oil to gold and markets future.......

http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2009-0822-3a.mp3

RJE's picture
RJE
Re: Two interviews: Mathew Simmons/ Michael O'higgins

I have just spent my research time following an interview with Bob Prechter (Elliot Wave Theorist), and listening to Matt Simmons/Michael O'higgins. Intelligent are all, far more so than my pay scale. Anyways I feel that to prepare for any eventuality you must look at both sides of an issue, look around, and really trust your gut as to what direction our economy is headed.

Inflation and Deflation are amazing animals. Both can rip you apart and leave you for dead if you invest unwisely. It appears that there is no middle ground at the moment. So I have asked myself many times in the recent past which way are we headed. Frankly it seems to be a coin toss from my limited knowledge of all things financial.

For the record I have chosen inflation only because it is not wise to bet against the Fed. Otherwise I would just flip a coin and except my fate.

jlshen2000's picture
jlshen2000

I believe that deflation will be with us for SHORT TERM. Long term, it won't be inflation, it will be hyperinflation.

Inflation comes from too much demand, deflation comes from too little demand, hyperinflation comes from too much input costs/currency collpase. Long term, people will loose confidence in US government and USD. The result will be a collpase of USD. I am not sure how lonbg it will take. Anyway, I am more invested toward hyperinflation. Buy PM, food, energy, foreign currencies.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
robert essian wrote:

I have just spent my research time following an interview with Bob Prechter (Elliot Wave Theorist), and listening to Matt Simmons/Michael O'higgins. Intelligent are all, far more so than my pay scale. Anyways I feel that to prepare for any eventuality you must look at both sides of an issue, look around, and really trust your gut as to what direction our economy is headed.

Inflation and Deflation are amazing animals. Both can rip you apart and leave you for dead if you invest unwisely. It appears that there is no middle ground at the moment. So I have asked myself many times in the recent past which way are we headed. Frankly it seems to be a coin toss from my limited knowledge of all things financial.

For the record I have chosen inflation only because it is not wise to bet against the Fed. Otherwise I would just flip a coin and except my fate.

When one is looking for the short term, it is a hard call; even for the analyst who cover the markets professionally. I'm looking more for stagflation still. I think it will be harder for things to progress then people realize. Just look at Fridays news on another 2 trillion added to projected deficits. And in the preceeding call for the markets, volume is lack luster. I''m just not sure either inflation or deflation has any upper hand at this point, so I'm sticking with stagflation until we get a clearer picture. Mean while PM is the safest bet in this area.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/swenlin/2009/0821.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments