'Two beers with Steve' Skype Forum

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy
'Two beers with Steve' Skype Forum

i've posted this idea before and it seems that tomorrow night Sunday, February 15th at 9:00 EST will be the first 'Two beer with Steve' Skype Forum for all those that are interested.

My skype ID is stephen9134 and the premise of the forum is to discuss issues discussed on this site, eas as that. this will be the inaugural forum and we can discuss what shape this forum will take. gotta go, ive got a 5 month old on my lap.

talk to you tomorrow.

steve

ceci1ia's picture
ceci1ia
Re: 'Two beers with Steve' Skype Forum

I am interested in this, and we have skype. 

ceci1ia's picture
ceci1ia
OK, we're in

I told my husband, and he said sure. He hasn't done any of the CC, and
I have done only up to Chapter 14. But we are knowledgable about what's
coming.

grl's picture
grl

Steve, I just added you to my Skype contact list. My Skype id is oclisa. I am 90% sure I'll be there.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

I'm in - my trip to Raleigh fell through so I'll see everyone at 9:00.

ceci1ia's picture
ceci1ia
Skype Forum

That was really interesting. I could hardly get a word in edge-wise,
everyone had such great things to say. I was fascinated to hear
people's stories.

It was ironic that the person who knew nothing
about the CC and kept referring to "Mortenson" had to tell everyone all
about her ideas and (non)solutions.

We had to get off after 2
hours, but couldn't even say goodnight because everyone was deep in
conversation, observation and debate.

For us, it wasn't two beers with Steve, it was chocolate ice cream with Steve.

I hope we get to listen in on another of these fora.

Steve,
thank you for taking time out from your young family and setting this
up. I am coming to really love Skype, by the way. What a cool thing it
is. 

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Cecilia - I'm so glad you joined the session last night.  It was nice getting to know you and it was very interesting to hear your personal experiences.  I hope you join in again next time with more stories and observations.

fortytwo's picture
fortytwo

Thanks Steve for setting that up.  I really enjoyed it.  Cecilia-  I really enjoyed hearing about your experiences too.  Thanks to everyone for participating.

grl's picture
grl

My apologies for not making it to the forum last night. I stayed much later than I expected at a bbq party (I am in S. Ca so we do that in the winter Cool) However, one of the reasons I stayed so late is because I was having some great discussions regarding the three E's (but mostly the first E). I think I got several folks interested in the CM site and hopefully they'll take a look. Hope to join the forum next time!

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Hi Lisa -

We missed you last night - overall we had a very good conversation on a wide variety of topics.  Cecilia's experiences could occupy several hours.  Completely off grid, hydroelectric, in a cabin in the woods.  Where I want to be someday.

Nice work on getting the info out (we talked about that as well).  One of the things I took away is that the CM 'veterans' feel frustrated to varying degrees that we aren't getting more people to the site fast enough or in large enough numbers.  I think it's a matter of time - right now, most people not familiar with Chris' material would tell you that while times are rough, they aren't too bad.  I think as things deteriorate, the ground will get a bit more fertile (and not just because of the BS coming out of Washington, DC) and we will be able to get the info out.

Hope you make it to the next one - we had 7 people at one point and 5 all the way to the end.

ceci1ia's picture
ceci1ia

Re. getting people to the CM site

I forgot to tell people last
night how I got to the website. Jim Kunstler mentioned it on one of his
recent podcasts! He said something like, "Chris Martenson has a nice
powerpoint presentation on the economy, and just do a google search on
chris martenson and read that." From there, I did a search and became a
subscriber! 

So remember, you never know who's listening and
what context they come from. I think the peak oil people are already
half-way here. 

kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy

well, thanks to all those that took part in the inaugural 'two beers with steve' skype forum which ultimately became 'four beers with steve and one mad wife'. i think that it was a mild success considering it was very disorganized and we followed a sort of stream of consciousness covering many different topics, although i would agree that the microphone was hi-jacked a few times but i will learn from that and have an outline of topics beforehand that i will email participants the week prior.

i'd like to always discuss ways in which we can influence people to view the crash course, that is my overall objective

secondly, i'd like to always have a learning portion where someone inside an industry (ie. financial or energy) explains a certain product (ie CDS's or oil reserves) to give us all a better understanding. i know some contacts on the CBOT, beyond that i will need peoples help.

third, discuss issues of the day, a little q & a roundtable, a mailbag, whatever...

steve

fortytwo's picture
fortytwo

Two things I'll volunteer to prepare for a future meeting:

1.  There are a few experiments I've run with craigslist, google, facebook, and other really inexpensive or free online advertising that seems to grant a lot of leverage for engaging people on certain topics.  I'll share and illustrate how its done and what kind of results I've gotten.

2.  I've been searching inside the investment industry for 'outliers' that have strategies or programs that regular people can afford to participate in.  I'll share what I've found that seems to be working.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments