Tumors as Growth Industry!

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
Tumors as Growth Industry!

The other day I received an email from a friend documenting her husband's experience with a recent diagnosis of prostate cancer. After scaring the wits out of her husband, the surgeon insisted he have surgery.  After much hounding, my friend finally convinced her husband to get a second opinioin from an international authority on prostate cancer, a dr. who works near where they live. He took one look at the results of his numerous tests xrays and told him flat out that surgery for his particular form of very slow growing cancer was absolutely not required. It's the type of cancer that people die with, not of. That being said, he also advised that it had to be monitored frequently. This is another aspect of a medical system  metasticizing itself, siphoning funds away from us to feed itself. That it does this by often cutting into us, subjecting us to unnecessary radiation, chemotherapy, etc... and has perfect precedence in the natural world, where parasitism works similar themes. Cancer is literally a growth industry.

I had a brush with this insanity a few years ago after a mammogram had me placed in the "high risk" category. I had actually talked to the radiologist about my xray and was told there was nothing suspicious about it. The letter I recieved from the Swedish Medical Center, in Seattle, a few weeks later, told me to make sure I returned at least every year as my xray was "abnormal".  Interestingly, as soon as I read this, everything fell into place for me, I could almost hear the click, roll, whirl tumble, rumble of all the mental  pieces falling into place. Had it happened a few years prior I would have been really frightened and done exactly as they asked. As it was, I immediately thought, that doesn't jive with what the radiologist told me. This is a money making move. Unfortunately it bounced me into higher medical insurance premiums and is one of the reasons, my husband and I just threw up our hands and left the U.S.

Now, 14 years after this little episode, the media is starting to do some serious coverage of the breast cancer controversy. Something like 30% or more of surgeries are unnecessary, as many breast cancers are like prostate cancers, relatively benign. Hideous, isn't it? Was it a conscious oversight, or manipulation? Unfortunately, there is strong evidence that it was.

Barbara Ehrenreich's letter to the Komen foundation, about her experience with breast cancer. It's sad, but also very funny!:

"I was diagnosed 6 months ago and have been through a mastectomy and chemotherapy. I dont think of myself as a survivor because too many women have gone thru the same treatments only to have their cancers recur a few years later.

What I am is angry.

Angry about treatments which are in fact toxic and debilitating.

Angry about all the emphasis on early detection when there is no way of knowing how early any detection is. Some small tumors are very fast-growing and some big ones are very slow. But no one seems to be making the distinction.

Angry about insurance companies: I'm not battling cancer, I'm battling Aetna, which is still refusing to pay for the biopsy And what about all people without insurance? (Bush wants to cut help for them in his next budget, and I don't hear anyone from the breast cancer groups screaming.)

Angry about all the sappy pink ribbons, breast cancer teddy bears and other cute accessories when the fact is WOMEN ARE DYING.

And finally, angry that with all the money pouring into research, no one knows what the cause of breast cancer is. If I want to protect my daughter, we need to know the CAUSE.

Anyone else out there sick of the breast cancer hype?"

http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/barehar.html

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts
Re: Tumors as Growth Industry!

Hi AP,

I recently found a book by G. Edward Griffin entitled "World Without Cancer" , he holds that cancer is similiar to scurvy in that it's a vitamin deficiency. You can watch a five part video on Youtube that GEG gives which goes into much more detail and about the politics involved in cancer treatment.

That annieappleseedproject made me laugh since I've been eating apple seeds lately they being high in B17

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

I got a letter in the mail stating I had not been to the Dr. in YEARS  and that  I really need to make an appointment . ( one mammogram  was enough  for this gal )   Also since some of my children have never been to the DR.  that they need check ups .   They are too much in my business !!!   We pay big money to them and will use them in an emergency  , our body will  tell us something is wrong .   

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop

There's just way too much money to be made in keeping us in a kind of twilight world of relatively poor health.  Pharmaceuticals that manage symptoms are preferred over cures.  The modern hero, the one who does the most for the economy is a morbidly obese individual who drives a  hummer, eats a lot of fast food, burns a lot of oil, and ends up with insulin dependent diabetes after having triple bypass surgery....ka-ka-ka-ching!

ao's picture
ao
agitating prop wrote:

The modern hero, the one who does the most for the economy is a morbidly obese individual who drives a  hummer, eats a lot of fast food, burns a lot of oil, and ends up with insulin dependent diabetes after having triple bypass surgery....ka-ka-ka-ching!

LOL.  Priceless!

littleone's picture
littleone

AP,

Yes, I am sick of all the cancer hype...especially when the most prescribed treatment is surgery or chemo. It is SICK to market health care for maximum profit!

For anyone who has watched THE STORY OF STUFF ...it is understood that our entire industrialized economy is driven by CONSUMERS. Consumers are the FUEL for exponential growth. In The Story Of Stuff, based on the rate of consumption in the U.S. alone, we would need 5 entire planets to maintain the resources required to sustain our consumerism. We are literally marketing madness!

Greg, thanks. I will check it out. I came across some info linking cancer to fungus.

Videos:

Cancer is Fungus 1 of 2

Cancer is Fungus 2 of 2

I'm curious if anyone has used the therapy described in the Cancer is Fungus videos?

My mother was recently diagnosed with colon cancer.

Here is some general info I've discovered while researching natural and alternative treatments for cancer...This work is dedicated and offered to all in search of truth and healing.

NOTE: I am not a doctor, I am not trying to diagnose or treat anyone. Please do your own research and get several professional opinions when ill.

Essiac Tea is a Cancer Cure Big Pharma Does Not Want You to Know About

Friday, August 28, 2009 by: Paul Fassa, citizen journalist

quote:

Essiac Ingredients

Despite the development of 6 and 8 herb Essiac teas recently, the 4 herb version remains as a staple. It has a proven record of cured patients since the late 1920's. Brewing your own Essiac tea is favored by most upon ordering the herbs, which are sometimes packaged individually, or pre-mixed into one bag.

* 6 1/2 cups of burdock root (cut)

* 1 pound of sheep sorrel herb (powdered)

* 1/4 pound of slippery elm bark (powdered)

* 1 ounce of Turkish rhubarb root (powdered)

Oil of Wild Oregano

quote:

An age-old remedy, Oil of Oregano, has been scientifically researched and proven to be one of the strongest and most effective broad spectrum antibiotics known to man.
It is natural and safe to use. It will not create more mutant strains of bacteria. It effectively kills bacteria of every variety using only tiny amounts. It is also effective against fungus, parasites and viruses. It can be used externally and internally. There are no negative side effects. You need no prescription. It does not cost a fortune!

Oil of Oregano is also listed as an immune stimulant, antioxidant, antifungal, antibiotic, antiviral, antivenom, anti-inflammatory and analgesic/anesthetic (pain reliever)

Hemp Oil and Cancer

By Mark Sircus Ac., OMD
February 23, 2008

quote:

Both the commercial legal type of hemp oil and the illegal THC laden hemp oil are one of the most power-packed protein sources available in the plant kingdom. Its oil can be used in many nutritional and transdermal applications.

You will have less chance of Breast Cancer and other Cancers

quote:

Breastfeeding protects the mother?  While we generally focus on the positive benefits of breastfeeding for the infants, there are additional benefits for the mother as well.  Breastfeeding has been found to provide a measure of protection against uterine, cervical and ovarian cancers as well as breast cancer.  

The ABC Link

quote:

Women have the right to know that two breast cancer risks are associated with abortion - a recognized risk and a debated risk.

As a nutritional supplement I personally use a superfood...PURE SYNERGY (NO GMO)

ingredients here

V's picture
V

I have been surrounded by Cancer for many years. Many family members and friends have had to deal with it. I started researching it seriously in 1994 when my mother was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. They only treatment possible was radiation.

She did it and it in my estimaton made her life worse. She died a year later.

My wife is a breat cancer survivor. She had surgery but did not do chemo or radiation against the advice of the oncologists. We devised our own complementary protocol based on the work of Max Gerson, and Nick Gonzalez. We were fortunate to have a Norwalk Juicer. This is the finest juicer in the world. It does not produce juice it produces medicine. BTW It is made in America ( I have one that is over 50 years old) The people at Norwalk are some of the most knowledgable people on the planet when it comes to alternative therapies. There is an alternative cancer therapy conference every year and they have been attending since the beginning. They have a copy of every presentation ever made.

The work of Dr. Norman Walker is invaluable when it comes to nutritional healing (he lived to be over 100)

The cancer industry in this country is r;n by the pharmaceutical companies. Research is carried out at Universities with money from companies like Lilly, Phizer etc. One breast cancer drug (Tamoxifen) produces income of over 1 billion dollars a year. Cancer research is not devoted to curing cancer. It is devoted to treating cancer. There is no future for a pharmaceutical company that finds a cure for cancer.

Thanks to government interference through the FDA there are effective treatments which Americans ( you know land of the FREE folks) have to travel overseas to get. To get the Gerson protocol you have to go to Mexico.

I could go on but you get the idea.

V

littleone's picture
littleone

also...

Colloidal Silver

quote:

Colloidal Silver is one of the oldest remedies in the World and can be traced as far back as the ancient Greek and Roman Empires. It is non-toxic, non-addictive and free of side effects; Colloidal Silver is thought to kill an average of 650 different organisms - compared to the 6 of a standard antibiotic!  It is safe for adults, children, animals and pregnant and nursing women. It can be applied topically and internally and has no reaction with other medications.

Elderberry Benefits

quote:

Used for its antioxidant activity, to lower cholesterol, improve vision, boost the immune system, improve heart health and for coughs, colds, flu, bacterial and viral infections and tonsilitis. Elderberry juice was used to treat a flu epidemic in Panama in 1995.

Interview with Dr. Russell Blaylock on devastating health effects of MSG, aspartame and excitotoxins

quote:

Dr. Russell Blaylock: I have three books. The first one is the excitotoxin book, "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills," and the latest one is "Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life." The third one is "Natural Strategies for Cancer Patients," which is directed at nutritional treatments for cancer.

NOTE: I am not a doctor, I am not trying to diagnose or treat anyone. Please do your own research and get several professional opinions when ill.

*edit to add quote:

The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease. ~Voltaire

SteveW's picture
SteveW

As a geneticist and someone who relies upon treatment from time to time to stave off death from severe anaemia, among other effects, my viewpoint is somewhat different.

The cause of cancer is know well known. Practically all cancers are caused by somatic mutations, which means that mutations occuring in a single cell of the body cause it to undergo uncontrolled growth. Thus there are cancers for every one of the many cell types of the body and most of the mutations involve genes that in some way are involved in cell cycle regulation.

Research is devoted to both treating and curing cancer. The dark ages of slash, burn and poison (surgery, radiation and chemotherapy) that are non-specific are gradually being replaced by therapies that are more specifically targeted to the particular cancer. For example the genetic defect in the CML (chronic myelogenous leukaemia) blood cancer involves a protein, called tyrosine kinase, that helps regulate the cell cycle. The somatic mutation means that there is too much of this protein and current therapy uses a specific compound that binds to this enzyme making it inactive.

My cancer involves a white blood cell. To begin with I was treated with chemotherapy but since I was diagnosed a therapy has become available that uses a genetically engineered antibody to attack a protein on the surface of a class of white cells. This therapy is useful for many different types of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Fortunately my cancer is chronic (meaning slow growing) and I understand that many acute cancers can cause real treatment problems since the 50% survival time might be a little as 6-12 months with treatments that can be very debilitating. In my case the 50% survival time was 5-6 years and the chemo was quite reasonable since I suffered only fatigue. The antibody immunotherapy, except for the first time, has had no side effects. This year will be 12 years from my diagnosis.

littleone's picture
littleone

The cause of cancer is know well known. Practically all cancers are caused by somatic mutations, which means that mutations occuring in a single cell of the body cause it to undergo uncontrolled growth. Thus there are cancers for every one of the many cell types of the body and most of the mutations involve genes that in some way are involved in cell cycle regulation. -SteveW

Yes, normal functioning cells go through a process called apoptosis.

Apoptosis is the term given when programmed cell death (PCD) occurs in multicellular organisms. Apoptosis is one of the main types of programmed cell death which involves a series of biochemical events leading to specific cell morphology characteristics and ultimately death of cells.

Since the 1990's research has increased substantially in the field of apoptosis. It has been shown that defective apoptotic processes in humans and animals are related to a variety of diseases. Excessive apoptosis causes hypotrophy, such as in ischemic damage, whereas an insufficient amount results in uncontrolled cell proliferation, such as cancer.

source: http://apoptosisinfo.com/

Thank you, Steve, V, and AP for sharing your viewpoints and experiences.

Namaste

V's picture
V

Steve 

Thanks for the post. I don't think the cause of cancer is well known at all. Since very little discussion has taken place on what causes the mutations.

Weston Price found very low levels of cancer in the communities he investigated in the 1930's. Some not at all. A good conversation to have would start with the environmental and nutritional as pects of not only cancer but many of the other "modern" diseases we are currently dealing with,

V

SteveW's picture
SteveW
V wrote:

Thanks for the post. I don't think the cause of cancer is well known at all. Since very little discussion has taken place on what causes the mutations.

V, you very astutely hit on a more thorny issue of how these mutations occur, which I did not address. Somatic muations are the commonality for whatever agent might be thought of as the precipitating agent/cause.

They are caused by radiation (certainly UV and shorter wavelengths), chemicals that interact with DNA that are/should be classified as mutagenic/carcinogenic, and random errors in DNA replication and proofreading. Also there is some evidence that mutated cells might be recognized and destroyed by the immune system but this is more controversial.

Epidemiologists have correlated increased risks for various cancers with diet. Specially a good diet seems (not unexpectedly) to be that available to our ancestors 10,000 years ago, plenty of fruits, vegetables and nuts but little meat.

ao's picture
ao
SteveW wrote:

Specially a good diet seems (not unexpectedly) to be that available to our ancestors 10,000 years ago, plenty of fruits, vegetables and nuts but little meat.

Not entirely accurate.  The paleolithic diet was actually rather high in meat, more so the higher in lattitude one goes and obviously, more so in winter as compared to summer.  Remember, meat 10,000 years ago was (literally) a very different animal that the agribusiness raised meat today.   

ao's picture
ao
V wrote:

The work of Dr. Norman Walker is invaluable when it comes to nutritional healing (he lived to be over 100)

Actually, he was only 99.  I mostly agree with what you say but I've also seen too many self taught people who chug essiac tea and gorge themselves with laetrile only to find themselves still dying.  I've personally made the decision that if I ever have a lethal cancer, I won't go the medicine/pharmaceutical route.  On the other hand, cancer is such a complex issue that when we attribute our recover from cancer to the particular holistic/complementary/alternative protocol we've followed, there is a good chance we're wrong. 

ao's picture
ao
ao wrote:
V wrote:

Actually, he was only 99.  I mostly agree with what you say but I've also seen too many self taught people who chug essiac tea and gorge themselves with laetrile only to find themselves still dying.  I've personally made the decision that if I ever have a lethal cancer, I won't go the medicine/pharmaceutical route.  On the other hand, cancer is such a complex issue that when we attribute our recover from cancer to the particular holistic/complementary/alternative protocol we've followed, there is a good chance we're wrong. 

V,

To further clarify the point that I'm trying to make, if we follow your line of reasoning, we might consider taking up smoking.  After all, this woman smoked from age 21 to 117 and lived to 122.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

docmims's picture
docmims

I agree that cancer therapy is a lucrative business.  Witness Cancer Treatment Centers of America and their aggressive marketing campaign.    They do good thorough and compasionate work, but they have a business model that will extract every last dime you have.  It is very expensive care, but it is quite successful with cancer cure rates 200% higher than Canada or Europe.  Most of the national healthcare systems just draw the line at this highly expensive care and shift their funds into other types of care that will be more cost effective for their population.

Cancer is probably started by environmental exposure to radiation and chemicals, but there is also a genetic component with certain types of cancer running in families.  I think that if I was diagnosed with certain types of cancer such as pancreatic or small cell of the lung,  I would just grab a fishing pole and tell the surgeons who wanted to take them out to f' off.  However there are many cancers that are easily curable and I would tolerate minor type surgeries.

A major factor in survival of cancer is patient attitude.  If you are depressed and sure you are going to die, pretty good odds you will.  If you are optomistic and truly believe in a therapy, it has a better chance of working.  Chemotherapy/radiation/immunotherpy is always evaluated against other therapies and against those who have the disease and refuse care.  There is usually good data that it is effective.  However sometimes the CURE is worse than the disease. 

I'm a libertarian sort and if you want to drink tea and have a good attitude about it, I say go ahead.  I wish you good health.

and one tip: Internists are going to lean toward chemo and nonivasive therapy.  I deal with surgeons all day long.  They are very aggressive, and if they think you have even a tiny benefit say 5 percent from surgery they will recommend surgery.  If I hear 10 percent increase survial or less by surgery -- but it's all the chance you have,  I personally would decline -- but then I've made my piece with god.  Others might want to take that risk.

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop

Thanks for all the responses to this subject. Lots of collective wisdom here. SteveW, terribly sorry to read about your health problems, and will cross my fingers, pray, meditate that some kind of cure is found, not just treatment.  My aunt, the one I take after a LOT, has the same blood cancer as you. She's 86 and is still in pretty good over all health in spite of it. So she is very likely to die with it, not of it.

Both my mother and her other sister had fairly rapidly progressing breast cancers, in their sixties. They were operable and have not recurred. Both are in their eighties now.  My own feeling is that though cancer's net increase is partly the result of environmental degradation, background radiation, it's also due, at least in part to living longer.  The average age at death just a few generations ago was 45 years! Men keeled over from heart attacks long before they had a chance to contract cancer and many women died in child birth, so obviously weren't around long enough to get cancer.

SteveW's picture
SteveW
agitating prop wrote:

SteveW, terribly sorry to read about your health problems,

I appreciate your good wishes but do not feel that I have the problems that beset many. I'm 67 and as I see it have a 5 year life expectancy that rolls over every time I go through a treatment cycle. Of course if/when TSHTF then all bets are off.

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12

Cornell professor Dr. T. Colin Campbell's The China Study gives a pretty good scientific discussion of the data on diet and cancer. According to one interview I heard he is NOT vegetarian but promotes a mostly plant based diet.

One quote from the Wikipedia discussion of his book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study#Breast_cancer

Breast cancer

The authors state that breast cancer is linked to the long-term exposure to higher concentrations of female hormones, which in turn is associated with early menarche (age at first menstruation), late menopause, and a high concentration of blood cholesterol, and that all of these risk factors are linked to growth and a diet high in animal protein.[19] The authors state that the average Chinese woman is exposed to about 35% to 40% of the lifetime estrogen exposure of the average British or American woman, and that the rate of breast cancer among Chinese women is about one-fifth of the rate among western women.

Denise

V's picture
V

AO

If you follow any line of reasoning you will die. There is only one rule in life " you will not get out alive" I simply offered a perspective with which I am very familiar. It is a numbers game. The more things you do to have a healthy body the heathier body you are likely to have. If you are interested in having a healthy body as opposed to indulging in eating drinking and smoking things which will tilt the numbers the other way that is fine.

As far as cherry picking one person who smoked for a century and using that as a model to craft a life then have at it. 

My line of reasoning is simply that we have managed to create a very unhealthy environment in which to live. We are inundated with toxic chemicals. We are surrounded by all sorts of radiation.( see the work of Wilhelm Reich). Ever notice that there is an increase in breast cancer and microwave ovens are typically at that height.

I am in no way advising anyone to chug Essiac tea or self prescribe anything. Though I fully support anyones right to do so. I recommend the Gerson program and the Gonzalez program as alternative therapies. IMHO they offer holistic alternatives to the immune system destroying therapies of allopathic medicine. I also recommend studying the work of Dr. Norman Walker and Weston A Price.

Finally to clarify all healing is essentially spiritual

V

ao's picture
ao
V wrote:

AO

If you follow any line of reasoning you will die. There is only one rule in life " you will not get out alive" I simply offered a perspective with which I am very familiar. It is a numbers game. The more things you do to have a healthy body the heathier body you are likely to have. If you are interested in having a healthy body as opposed to indulging in eating drinking and smoking things which will tilt the numbers the other way that is fine.

As far as cherry picking one person who smoked for a century and using that as a model to craft a life then have at it. 

My line of reasoning is simply that we have managed to create a very unhealthy environment in which to live. We are inundated with toxic chemicals. We are surrounded by all sorts of radiation.( see the work of Wilhelm Reich). Ever notice that there is an increase in breast cancer and microwave ovens are typically at that height.

I am in no way advising anyone to chug Essiac tea or self prescribe anything. Though I fully support anyones right to do so. I recommend the Gerson program and the Gonzalez program as alternative therapies. IMHO they offer holistic alternatives to the immune system destroying therapies of allopathic medicine. I also recommend studying the work of Dr. Norman Walker and Weston A Price.

Finally to clarify all healing is essentially spiritual

V

V,

You paraphrased one of my favorite lines ... "We're all terminal in the end".   You state the obvious .

Addressing some of your statements, it's not necessarily true that the more we do to be healthier, the healthier we will be.  Witness the folks who are so obsessive about what they put into their bodies that their immune systems become overly sensitive to every little nutritional variation from their norm that comes along.  The city parents who are obsessive about a germ-free environment for their children often wind up having less healthy children than the farm folks whose children are exposed to dust, dander, pollen, dirt, soil, etc.  A similar situation exists with the people who are obsessive about sanitizing every surface they come in contact or those who regularly use sanitizers on their hands and anti-bacterial soaps.  I could go on and on.  But, in general, I'm totally in agreement that the more we can do to improve our health from an exercise,nutritional, and mental/spiritual wellness perspective, the better.  That's self evident (although you wouldn't know from the way most people behave).

The point I was trying to make is that if you try treatment A and your disease is suddenly cured, it may not be treatment A which is responsible.  That's why we have a scientific method, statistical analysis, etc.  Hence, the problem with some of the treatments you mentioned.

As far as the alternative therapies you recommended, they are a bit dated, the say the least.  Ditto for the work of Walker and Price although I agree that the latter are valuable.

Also, I agree that much healing is spiritual and the profoundly spiritual cases truly stand out.  However, do you really think that if you happen to scratch your back on a branch when pruning a tree and it heals without you hardly being aware of it in the first case, it's a spiritual matter?  Certainly, we can go back to a default argument and say that EVERYTHING is ultimately spiritual.

Now when you start getting into the work of Wilhelm Reich, you sink more deeply into the swamp of diminished credibility.  Even a moron will occasionally blabber something that makes sense.  I'll leave it at that. 

Any increase in breast cancer due to microwave ovens at breast height??  You're joking right?  The two in our home are at head height and groin height (and there are no females yet in our family with breasts sagging that low, LOL, and hopefully never will be).  So are women standing next to microwaves, basking in the leaking radiation?  How about underarm deodorants permeating through the skin into the lymph nodes and into the breast tissue? I'm surprised you didn't mention that one.  Let's get real here.

When you take complex issues and attempt to resolve them with overly simplistic, pseudoscientific solutions, you tread on thin ice.  I understand your desire to help but it's so important for people to think, study, and research and not to swallow either what conventional medicine or unconventional healthcare espouses without careful, thoughtful, and detailed questioning and investigation.  I see more and more people who are being lead astray from what can help them now that every Tom, Dick, and Harry is a self appointed expert.  People seem to accept the suggestions of their second cousin's stepsister's dancer aerobic instructor for their musculoskeletal problem or what Ladies Home Journal with has to say with equal weight as to what a trained professional may say.  Just another part of the world going crazy, I guess (Right will be wrong and wrong will be right).    

V's picture
V

ao

After reading your last post I realized I have nothing I could possibly offer you other than a kowtow to your superior knowledge, intelligence and wisdom.

V

docmims's picture
docmims
V wrote:

ao

After reading your last post I realized I have nothing I could possibly offer you other than a kowtow to your superior knowledge, intelligence and wisdom.

V

I'm not as eloquent as ao, but snake oil is everywhere including big pharma.  All medicine is just a big crap shoot/spin of the roulette wheel.  Doctors know what medicine works well for POPULATIONS of patients, but for an individual there is no guarantee that he/she is in that 80 percent of patients that the drug works for.  It sucks to be in the 20 percent cohort.

littleone's picture
littleone
Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business

Full free preview is available at this link until June 13, 2011 12am EST:
http://vimeo.com/24821365

This doc starts out with recorded footage of a father's testimony at a Congressional Subcommittee Hearing held on February 29,1996

-littleone

littleone's picture
littleone
Last day to preview(free): Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business

Full free preview is available at this link June 13, 2011 until 12am EST:
http://vimeo.com/24821365 (1:48:00)

Please share this free preview ...a revealing documentary about the side effects of the major cancer treatments, personal and witness testimony supporting Burzynski and his treatment for cancer, witness and personal testimony about FDA approved cancer protocols and effects. FDA's response to Burzynski...

-littleone 

Dagny's picture
Dagny
Tumors As A Growth Industry

I've recently been through a number of tests, among them my first mammogram using digital technology.  Since the digital version isn't comparable to the old X-ray type, there have been a huge number of false positives for those having the digital version for the first time.  I was one of the call-backs, so natch I started researching the topic on the 'Net.  One of the things I discovered was that GE is making a mint off of these machines and each machine is costing the hospital several thou, which of course is ultimately paid by the patients.  I was told to come back for another follow-up mammo in six months, but my personal doctor has some common sense and advised me to wait until my next physical a year hence.  In the meantime, I had found that nearly all breast cancers are discovered by the patient during self-examination, not by these high-tech tests, and that the digital version of a mammo picks up excessive detail that's irrelevant to the purpose and that may easily be misinterpreted.

This past year, I've had one chest X-ray, two CT chest scans (even one of which, I'm told, emits enough radiation to cure early lung cancer), an upper GI with Barium swallow, an upper GI without Barium, and two mammograms.  The only person who seems to be keeping track of the radiation I received is me.  Several invasive tests were also recommended, "just to be sure", but I got copies of the original reports and decided against them.

So much of what passes for treatment is really malpractice avoidance, IMO.  I'm being a lot more careful these days about medications and testing.

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
here's a personal tumor story

My son was born with a tumor that went from his left wrist to past his elbow. It was a "diffuse fibro mitosis": neither benign nor malignant, as the definition of a malignant tumor is one that agressively grows and this type might or might not.

My father was a teacher and a tutor, and at one of his tutoring homes he heard of Dr. Burton. We scraped together everything and got our infant son into Burton's clinic in the Bahamas. While I was there I saw some truly astounding remissions,  of things like liver cancers and mettasticized breast cancers.

Long story short: despite threats to turn us in for 'child abuse' from the head of Stonybrook Hospital's Pediatrics Department (who wanted to ampuate the arm, but alternative cancer therapy is not considered a form of child abuse in the state of NY) my son's heavily calcified tumor died. Later, after the invention of the MRI, we were able to have the tumor debulked. He has both arms today.

So, we clinic patients are rather wary of traditional medicine. They showed me an expose' on cancer treatments done in Playboy of all places but I couldn't find it (written in the early 80s) . Oh dear, now my browser will think I am looking for pron.

Safewrite

littleone's picture
littleone
Thanks for sharing...

Snorris302,

Thank you for sharing your personal story. Research the Chaga mushroom(a.k.a. the KING of herbs)...from my research...it has been shown effective in treating cancerous tumors and radiation exposure. I am not a medical doctor and I am not advising you of treatments.Sealed 

Safewrite,

I love your instincts...your son's arm saved from amputation! 

My mother died last month from colon cancer...tumors spread through her whole body and she suffered enormously.

My mother was horrified by her recommended treatment and she tried some alternatives on her own.

A caution for others, as far as diet, ...yes, some foods can feed/provide an enviornment for cancer growth(*See quote and link below). Many people are eating healthy foods, but eating too many acid forming foods.

Yet, with an agressive form of cancer you need to eat more(especially protein), because the cancer takes it first. My mother had an ER doctor tell her that she should be eating 10+ eggs a day for protein...sadly, this was after she had already lost most of her muscle and could barely eat.

A list of Acid / Alkaline Forming Foods

...To maintain health, the diet should consist of 60% alkaline forming foods and 40% acid forming foods.  To restore health, the diet should consist of 80% alkaline forming foods and 20% acid forming foods... 

http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm (link contains numerous charts on acid and alkaline forming foods)

Many are dying the most painful death imaginable from the cancer or the cancer treatment, while non-toxic treatments are working!

Also from my research(please check it out for yourself and consult with a trusted physician):

Sauerkraut is good for colon health, is vitamin and mineral rich, and in general fermented foods are nutrient dense.

For children, try mixing sauerkraut with applesauce.

Potassium is the reason for the quote: An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Potassium is essential to cell health. Basically...when/if bacteria is present in the body, and cells are potassium deficient, bacteria are able to take moisture from cells. If the cells have enough potassium, the cells are able to take moisture from the bacteria...preventing bacteria proliferation and infection.

An easy way to get potassium is to drink 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water after each meal.

-littleone

Wendy S. Delmater

Good list. Thanks for the link. I see a huge correlation between my low-carb, raw food lifestyle and these lists.  I obviously need to cut back on the coffee now...Undecided

Wendy S. Delmater

Good list. Thanks for the link. I see a huge correlation between my low-carb, raw food lifestyle and these lists.  I obviously need to cut back on the coffee now...Undecided

lapis's picture
lapis
Bone broth for health
littleone wrote:

A caution for others, as far as diet, ...yes, some foods can feed/provide an enviornment for cancer growth(*See quote and link below). Many people are eating healthy foods, but eating too many acid forming foods.

The alkaline/acid diet theory is generally good, but it's too simplistic. Meat IS acidic, but it's easy to reduce the acidity by just eating it with (alkalizing) mineral-rich bone broth or a sauce made with bone broth a.k.a. stock. Not only is this healthy, but it sure tastes great! :)

Traditional Bone Broth in Modern Health and Disease

http://www.townsendletter.com/FebMarch2005/broth0205.htm

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments