The Trigger of Collapse

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Headless's picture
Headless
The Trigger of Collapse

Some have been waiting for a seminal event. Well, the rage that will swell across America at the veiwing of Michael Moore's 'Capitalism: A Love Story,' will be that trigger, in my opinion (not on a given day, but within a few...); I say this as I have recently (in the last two days) run into strangers who, with no prodding from myslef, said things that I thought I, alone, had thought; i.e., "Bin Laden's problem is that he targeted the wrong buildings. Take out the U.S. congress; save the world."

I do not exaggerate! If, in the space of two days, I have encountered two Americans who have been willing to express this thought with animated vehemence--and loudly, then how would you like to be a politician in America after Moore's film exposes the complicity of the U.S. congress in the Wall Street sacking of the American middle class?

The pumping of the stock market is all about an exit for the major criminals of Wall Street...

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Re: 'Capitalism: A Love Story'

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago in the hope (whether you like Moore's style or not) that it may generate a public ground swell of anger against those who have been complicit in this financial rape and plunder.

Here's the post...

Bring on the revolution!

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79
Re: 'Capitalism: A Love Story'

Debtor's Revolt seems most likely because it requires the least effort:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/comment/50390#comment-50390

No jobs to even think about paying the debt:

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Re: The Trigger of Collapse

It seems likely to me that a debtors' revolt would only result in a "no work -- no food" policy . . . The beast demands to be fed . . . . In other words, the way things are going, the government will be the primary employer in this country.  They've already floated their "mandatory volunteerism" policy . . . If they can control food (and they will), they can force people to work for food . . . It's the same strategy the Egyptians used.  Under those circumstances, they will no longer need the Fed, or the banking system to enslave the population . . . They'll have the food and the guns . . . . And in the absence of any real moral fiber, there will always be willing minions to carry out their policies . . . . It's over . . . .

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79
Re: The Trigger of Collapse

We already have the "working poor," and 36+ million on food stamps. A few years ago I read an article in which the author stated that people are choosing to just not pay their medical bill, or offer a small nominal monthly payment due to all the reasons I've discussed previously. Just see the movie "Money-Driven Medicine." You can't withhold emergency medical care due to payment. The system will collapse due to escalating costs compared to peoples' ability to pay. The same holds true for food. The government won't be able to support a growing number of people on food stamps forever.

Food stamp applications overwhelming state workers

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments