Treating bacterial infections - naturally!

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99

I have just returned from Tbilisi, Georgia, in the former USSR and have a story to share about treating bacterial infections, naturally, without chemicals that destroy our bodies. It is a story that we have not heard in the west and likely never will as big pharma can not make money from this natural occurring medicine.

Quote:

This is the story of bacteriophages. Wikipedia defines: "Bacteriophage is any one of a number of viruses that infect bacteria. Bacteriophages are among the most common biological entities on Earth. The term is commonly used in its shortened form, phage."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteriophage

What this means is, 'phages' are very small viruses that attack and kill bacteria, and because they  "are among the most common biological entities on Earth", it is very possible there is a phage that attacks and destroys almost every bacteria that is out there.

Phages were discovered in 1915 by Frederick William Twort, an English bacteriologist  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Twort), and in 1917, French Canadian microbiologist, Felix d'Herelle, proposed that phages might be applied to controlling bacterial infections (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9lix_d%27Herelle). In 1923 d'Herelle, along with Georgian microbiologist, George Eliava, founded the Eliava Institute Microbiology and Virology in Tbilisi, the capital of, Georgia. Around this time Georgia was occupied by Russia, and Stalin, interested in this new medical discovery, funded and directed the institute to initially explore treatment of bacterial infections occurring within the army (like dysentery) for which phages proved successful. Phages have been expanded over the years to treat any number of bacterial infection, even in plants and animals.

Today the Eliava Institute Microbiology and Virology in Tbilisi continues to treat people for bacterial infections. There are lists upon lists of successful bacterial treatments in the areas of:
dermatology
surgery and wounds
Intestinal infection
Urology
Gynecology
Ophthalmology
and on and on....

You can see in the Dr. David Suziki vid below (excerpt from his show, "The Nature of Things"), the true beauty of phages is that they only attack specific bacteria and not anything else within our bodies. Once they kill all the specific bacteria, the phages die and leave the human body.

A little over a year ago my son contacted a bacterial infection of his prostrate area. As he travels a lot, over this time period he has had clinical tests done in Turkey, Germany, Spain and Canada. Not one laboratory from these country's identified any bacterial infections, and yet doctors from each country were always ready to recommend antibiotics to treat his problem. The last set of antibiotics that he took nearly killed him (when he had been told from the doctor that the only side-effects might be stomach discomfort (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_effects_of_fluoroquinolones).

Becoming totally frustrated with our medical systems, my son set out to do his own research. It was then he discovered phages and the Eliava Institute Microbiology and Virology in Tbilisi. We flew there two weeks ago. They ran a series of tests on him and within our first 3 days identified two bacterial infections and a parasite that was giving him problems. The good news was that they had the phages on-hand that would treat the bacterial infections and he began a treatment plan that last for the two weeks we stayed in a nearby hotel. We are now awaiting the results of that two week treatment, but we already know that the parasite is gone, and my son physically feels the best he has felt in a very long time.

We departed Georgia yesterday with enough phages for another 10 day treatment (take them orally in the morning and evening), and said good bye to warm and wonderful people with whom we had become closely connected over this ordeal. I post this story and related vids because my family and friends kept saying, 'why have we never heard about this'. I am not a doctor and can not make recommendations for medical treatments but I can recommend that if you have a persistent bacterial infection, do check out bacteriophages and the wonderful work going on at the Eliava Institute Microbiology and Virology in Tbilisi, Georgia.

http://www.eliava-institute.org/

Apologies for the first two links, but I can't get them to embed in this post using the video tag. There seems to be something broken on the site as I can with the last link though.

3 minute story of a Canadian cured:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EliavaPhageNY#p/a/u/0/A71yYrlf4eQ

8 minute condensed version of David Suzuki's, "The Nature Of Things":

http://www.youtube.com/user/EliavaPhageNY#p/a/u/2/d-v8uSG2ewk

BBC documentary about Phages: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8887931967515748990#

SteveW's picture
SteveW
Re: Treating bacterial infections - naturally!

Thank you for posting this anecdote and I'm pleased to hear that treatment was successful.

The medical application of phage has been known to most biologists for decades. Being naturally occuring phage cannot be patented which has impeded their application in capitalist societies.

Bacteria can develop resistance to the specific phage that attack them and it was the study and understanding of this phenomenon that provided the basis for genetic engineering.

aarondenal's picture
aarondenal

Fascinating story, thanks for the post and i hope you son continues on the road to recovery.  If you would like to investigate how to rebuild his gut from such a long road with antibiotics, you may want to check out Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride's The Gut and Psychology Syndrome.  It is full of extremely useful information, and is not just for those on the autistic spectrum, as indicated in the tag line of her book.  here is an exerpt from a summary she wrote:

Gut flora is something we do not think much about. And yet the number of functions the gut flora fulfils is so vital for us that if some day our digestive tract got sterilised we probably would not survive.

The first and very important function is appropriate digestion and absorption of food. If a child does not acquire normal balanced gut flora, then the child will not digest and absorb foods properly, developing multiple nutritional deficiencies. And that is what we commonly see in children and adults with learning disabilities, psychiatric problems and allergies. Many of these patients are malnourished.  

-snip-

This usual list of nutritional deficiencies includes some most important nutrients for normal development and function of the child’s brain, immune system and the rest of the body.

Apart of normal digestion and absorption of food healthy gut flora actively synthesises various nutrients: vitamin K, pantothenic acid, folic acid, thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), ciancobalamine (vitamin B12), various amino-acids and proteins. Indeed, when tested people with gut dysbiosis always present with deficiencies of these nutrients. Clinical experience shows that restoring the beneficial bacteria in their gut is the best way to deal with these deficiencies.

aarondenal's picture
aarondenal

Here is the source of the quote in the previous post:

http://www.gaps.me/?page_id=20

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Just wondering why they did not use marshmallow root  to draw out the bacteria ?

ao's picture
ao

John99,

Thanks for that interesting information.  Looking it up, I also found some other interesting related information, so double thanks.

BTW, where'd you get your name from.  I always think of the Bruce Springsteen song, Johnny 99.

John99's picture
John99

Thank you all for the comments and info! I have linked my son to the thread to follow along.

The John99 name comes from having a poor memory - using my name and target life expectancy :-)

New_Day's picture
New_Day

Thanks everyone for your information.

Article about the importance of cysteine / glutathione in defensive strategy against infections:

http://www.healthdiscoveries.net/infectious-diseases.html

papa.'s picture
papa.
requesting an update of your son fromfellow prostatitis sufferer

hello john,
firstly thank you for posting your story and that video is great. has your son made a full recovery? 

my name is matthew i have had prostatitis for about 6 painful years. earlier this year i found out about a treatment center in Arizona called the prostatitis center in tucson, it is based on protol developed in manilla phillipines. the treatment consist of prostate massages or drainages to remove the blockagaes in the acini or tubes of the prostate. from the first few drainages dr polacheck takes a sample of the fluid and has it tested at the hospital lab next door for bacteria. they found a methacylin resistant stapholycoccus and prescribed a four month course of anti biotics in conjunction with continued prostate drainages on my own 2-4 times a week. this was in march when i went there. immediatly i had improvment in my condition with being able to ejaculate and get arroused again without pain among the general pain relief. id say i got to feeling about 75% cured. part of the treatment though is to stop smoking cigarettes and have a healthier lifestyle which i didnt completely quit smoking ect. it is now july and perhaps due to these reasons my pain is coming back to how it was. 

the treatment in georgia sounds great and excuse me if my questions are too forward, but how is your sons condition now? what was the method of testing for the infection and the form of the phages (liquid or pill). i just worry that it wouldnt be able to penetrate the prostate. what type of bacteria was found and finally what was the cost of the treatment? 

thank you!

tictac1's picture
tictac1
Thanks for the info!  It's

Thanks for the info!  It's hard for us in the US to get any information about "alternative" (read: not profitable) medicine, largely due to the people that "protect" us.  In my extended family, one of the grandmothers recently discovered cannabis salve for arthritis, and the results have been rather hard to believe, even for someone like me that knows we've been lied to about herbal medicine.  And no, cannabis salve does not get you high...:)

I encourage anyone that is considering any long-term use of synthetic drugs to first research the side effects of the Rx, then look for herbal/traditional treatments.  At least you will have options.  While I do not consider free health care a right, we absolutely have the right to determine what we use on ourselves as medicine.  It is ridiculous to think otherwise, FDA and AMA be damned.

tictac1's picture
tictac1
Thanks for the info!  It's

ach!  sorry about double-posting!

SPAM_GarrettHnatiuk's picture
SPAM_GarrettHnatiuk
Bacterial Infections

Thanks that's really good info.

SPAM_GarrettHnatiuk's picture
SPAM_GarrettHnatiuk
A bacterial infection is just

A bacterial infection is just the body creating too much bad bacteria. If left untreated you can have a reduced birth weight baby or even premature labor. A lot of expecting people develop this so don't worry your not the only 1. Its not an STD.. but may you may have to get your partner handled also. So dont worry and merely take your medication.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments