Trading post?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
A. M.'s picture
A. M.
Trading post?

Spring cleaning is underway and I got thinking about a good amount of stuff that I've got sitting around, unused that I'd let go for a song.

That got me thinking: Why isn't there a "trading post" forum here, under which registered members could buy and sell to one another so long as their transactions were commensurate with their local laws?

It might open up a new avenue for exchange on a site that's got good folks who I'd trust to do business with.

Just a thought...

Cheers,

Aaron

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Re: Trading post?

Aaron,

I think that's an excellent idea!  When I was a member of another site (rifle/firearms site), they had a trading/buy/sell forum that was used quite often and to the advantage of all that participated.  The only issue that I can see with doing that here is deciding what is proper material to allow being sold/bought/traded.  

Great idea!  Thanks for thinking of it!

idoctor's picture
idoctor

I would love to see it here.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Great idea!  

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Logansrun,

I was thinking the same thing, my friend.
A small subforum that had a "buy/sell/trade" section and maybe a "pay it forward" section would really help people exchange the resources necessary to take action.
For one thing, I've got more stuff than I know what to do with.
A lot of it I wouldn't even ask for money beyond shipping.

I tend to agree with you with keeping it sane with regards to "what" is bought and sold, but I think that most of the members here would use discretion with regards to that. Perhaps a minimum posts count would be helpful. So if a member didn't have at least 25 substantial posts, they couldn't sell. Buying could be open to all.

Further yet, since payment is arranged by the individuals, it might be a good way to exchange PMs instead of FRNs.

I know I'd be happier with a couple 1oz silver coins than a fistful of waste paper backed by crooks.

Cheers!

Aaron

Ken C's picture
Ken C

I too think that this is a good idea. I hope that CM can find a good way to implement it so that it is both useful and appropriate to the site.

Ken

wildjo's picture
wildjo

+1

And another +1 for encouraging trade in PMs.

JAG's picture
JAG
For Sale: A Tantrum

Like the idea Aaron, though I can't think off-hand what I could post that anyone would be interested in trading for here.

(Any takers on a screaming 2 year old having a meltdown? Laughing just joking----to be clear)

Though I have to think that no one here would part with their beloved PMs, and cash is much more functional to me than PM's.

Now if we could just find a bank to "facilitate" the trading and take their cut from each transaction we would be in business! I heard JPMorgan can be trusted with silver. <sarcasm>

Davos's picture
Davos

Good idea, one "local" community that I'd support!

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater

I have all these nice non-hybrid seeds to trade with. I'm in!

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

I'm thinking that whatever I have that people here would be interested in -- I would be holding on to for myself!  But one never knows.  I did get two copies of "The Libertarian Reader" for my birthday.  Cheap/free to a good home!

Let me be the first to offer an item:

http://www.amazon.com/Libertarian-Reader-Contemporary-Writings-Friedman/...

It's the hardback version -- and (I believe) bought used.  

compinthegroove's picture
compinthegroove

I'll give this a try.  I'm a professional guitarist and I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of gear I don't use.

Carr Rambler 1x15 amplifier

THD Bivalve amplifier.  I have a good assortment of tubes I could throw in with this one.

Carvin DC 747 guitar with flamed koa top.  A real looker here.

Fulltone OCD and FullDrive pedals.

I have a bunch more stuff but these are what come to mind.  PM me if interested and I can send pics and talk about prices.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments