Tony Blair's employer under investigation.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowmat's picture
rowmat
Tony Blair's employer under investigation.

Customer probe: Blair bank targeted in £8.5bn FSA probe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1205631/Customer-probe-Blair-bank-targeted-8-5bn-FSA-probe.html

"The bank where Tony Blair is an adviser is the target of an unprecedented probe involving billions of pounds of customers' funds, the Daily Mail can disclose.

JP Morgan Chase, whose chief executive Jamie Dimon last year recruited the former prime minister as an adviser, is being investigated by the City's watchdog, the Financial Services Authority for allegedly failing to keep track of £8.5billion of clients' money.

The FSA has called in a top firm of accountants to examine the bank's London activities after evidence emerged that JP Morgan had mixed customers' funds with its own..."

Scroll down to the part about his Philippines speech.

180,000.00 pounds for 30 minutes!!!

With Blair cashing in at JP Morgan Obama will be lining up to get a job at Goldman Sachs...DOH!!..  what am I saying?

He already does work for Goldman Sachs!! Wink

rowmat's picture
rowmat
DOH!!

Er... that should read TONY... not TONTY!!

admin's picture
admin
Re: Tony Blair's employer under investigation.

Fixed.  Use the "preview" button ... we have it there for a reason.  Wink

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
admin wrote:

Now if you'd only put the spell check back, which is a more suitable tool for said problem. I'm sure we've all "done the math" ad nauseum only to repeatedly make the same mistake again and again. Cool

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

admin's picture
admin
Re: Spellcheck
mainecooncat wrote:
admin wrote:

Now if you'd only put the spell check back, which is a more suitable tool for said problem. I'm sure we've all "done the math" ad nauseum only to repeatedly make the same mistake again and again. Cool

I'd like to be able to do so, but unfortunately we can't at the moment.  The previous spellcheck was part of a rich text editor which was far too heavy to use on the site.  When we had it available, we received a lot of feedback from users that it caused the site to slow down, and sometimes display error messages (because it took so long to load).  The text editor we are using now is much more lightweight, but not as feature rich.  It's a trade-off between functionality and performance, and right now performance wins.

There is spellcheck functionality available for this text editor in a future release, but it will probably be a while before we have that available.  The release requires a major upgrade to the core software of the site.

By the way, spellcheck wouldn't have fixed the original problem.  There is no spellcheck for titles, only for the body text.  Smile

anne27's picture
anne27

This is another hit for Tony Blair's image. Even if he is not directly involved in this matter, it's impossible not to question his credibility. I guess this is what it happens when you are a powerful politician. blair rewards complaints

docmims's picture
docmims
anne27 wrote:

This is another hit for Tony Blair's image. Even if he is not directly involved in this matter, it's impossible not to question his credibility. I guess this is what it happens when you are a powerful politician. blair rewards complaints

Here in America, we call that business as usuall.Frown

rowmat's picture
rowmat

That article came from 1997.

The system of corporate/political corruption has been expanded 1000 fold since then.

Blair now works for the Rockefeller empire and has been touted to become President of Europe.

anne27 wrote:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments