A TON of new 52 week lows today

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
krogoth's picture
krogoth
A TON of new 52 week lows today

I predict a market crash in the next 2 weeks, and I hope I am wrong.

cat233's picture
cat233
Re: A TON of new 52 week lows today

You can go here to see that list.

http://www2.barchart.com/newhilo.asp

krogoth's picture
krogoth

Thanks for posting that. I forgot about them, and I for sure didn't want to type them all out based on my watch lists. Watch your portfolios people!

switters's picture
switters

What portfolio? Smile

cat233's picture
cat233

Options trading... Puts... I had a great week in the market, made money all the way down... You can go read about this, but nothing to just jump into, you need to know what you are doing.

Put Option
What does it Mean? An option contract giving the owner the right, but not the obligation, to sell a specified amount of an underlying security at a specified price within a specified time. This is the opposite of a call option, which gives the holder the right to buy shares.

Investopedia Says... A put becomes more valuable as the price of the underlying stock depreciates relative to the strike price. For example, if you have one Mar 08 Taser 10 put, you have the right to sell 100 shares of Taser at $10 until March 2008 (usually the third Friday of the month). If shares of Taser fall to $5 and you exercise the option, you can purchase 100 shares of Taser for $5 in the market and sell the shares to the option's writer for $10 each, which means you make $500 (100 x ($10-$5)) on the put option. Note that the maximum amount of potential proft in this example ignores the premium paid to obtain the put option.   
krogoth's picture
krogoth

Poor Switters,

But, your sitting on your stacks of Gold!

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
krogoth wrote:

I predict a market crash in the next 2 weeks, and I hope I am wrong. 

I hope you're right.....

Anf if you STILL hold stocks in the share market......  well you're a bloody idiot I think! 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
cat233 wrote:

Options trading... Puts... I had a great week in the market, made money all the way down... You can go read about this, but nothing to just jump into, you need to know what you are doing.

Put Option
What does it Mean? An option contract giving the owner the right, but not the obligation, to sell a specified amount of an underlying security at a specified price within a specified time. This is the opposite of a call option, which gives the holder the right to buy shares.

Investopedia Says... A put becomes more valuable as the price of the underlying stock depreciates relative to the strike price. For example, if you have one Mar 08 Taser 10 put, you have the right to sell 100 shares of Taser at $10 until March 2008 (usually the third Friday of the month). If shares of Taser fall to $5 and you exercise the option, you can purchase 100 shares of Taser for $5 in the market and sell the shares to the option's writer for $10 each, which means you make $500 (100 x ($10-$5)) on the put option. Note that the maximum amount of potential proft in this example ignores the premium paid to obtain the put option.

Thispost is bound to upset someone....

THIS is what I qualify as total horse shit.....  here you are, making money doing absolutely NOTHING worthwhile, and obviously at someone else's expense. 

Is it any wonder the economy's in deep shit?

Grrrrrrrrr 

cat233's picture
cat233
I am market neutral, I studied for 7 years to make money in any market.  I am not short selling!  Anyone who is cleared, can trade options.  My guess is you are upset because you have not been educated in how to make money in the stock market, that includes, up or down or sideways.  I am buying put options, I am not selling anything, you need to look into what you think you know.  I know how to protect myself in a bear market. 
Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
cat233 wrote:
I am market neutral, I studied for 7 years to make money in any market. I am not short selling! Anyone who is cleared, can trade options. My guess is you are upset because you have not been educated in how to make money in the stock market, that includes, up or down or sideways. I am buying put options, I am not selling anything, you need to look into what you think you know. I know how to protect myself in a bear market.

You are obviously so engrossed in making money doing nothing you don't even understand my point if view.

If I design someone an energy efficient house, I have done SOMETHING worthwhile for the money I charge the client.

Maybe you'd like to explain (to me at least) what worthwhile thing it is you are doing to earn this money you are making...? 

cat233's picture
cat233
I don't have a JOB because I know how to make money in the market.  I have CHOICE to do what I want with my time.  I volunteer at numerous places and I choose to work for no money in my old job, I donate my time.
I know how to make money in any conditions, and I CHOOSE to give away what I make to whom I want.  I made all sorts of money in oil because of hurricane Katrina... I CHOSE to send ALL of it to the victims... Option trading can protect ones investments, it doesn't hurt anyone.
If you care to continue this conversation you can email me at [email protected] and take it out of here... This isn't the place for this.
Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
how fickle can you get..?

Wall St up 6.5pc on Obama Treasury pick

By Washington correspondent Mark Simkin

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/22/2426948.htm?section=justin

The Dow Jones index has ended the week with a strong rally, in part because of rumours about Barack Obama's new cabinet.

As the session drew to a close media outlets started reporting that Timothy Geithner will become the next treasury secretary.

The 47-year-old is a highly regarded president of the New York Federal Reserve.

The stock market rallied on the reports, with the Dow Jones closing 6.5 per cent, or nearly 500 hundred points, higher.

There are also reports that Hillary Clinton has agreed to become Mr Obama's secretary of state.

No official cabinet announcements are expected for several days at least.

switters's picture
switters
krogoth wrote:

Poor Switters,

But, your sitting on your stacks of Gold!

I certainly wouldn't say stacks, but the modest savings I do have is in gold and silver.  Fortunately I have a vocation that I think is quite viable even in a depressed economy, several useful "post-peak" skills, no debt, and an educated, informed and supportive community of friends and family.  I feel quite lucky overall!

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

people are making lots of money in the market right now.

martin weiss of money and market fame recommends inverse etf's

you can make  a lot of money in real estate right now as well if 

you have the cash and know what you are doing .

krogoth's picture
krogoth

Well, considering I have flipped over 20 stocks in the past 6 months for 2-6 baggers on average, I guess I am not an idiot. Also, I love a down day on the market because I always make money, and not by shorting.

As for way I or anyone else do with out profit or loss is our business and not yours, so stick to your own. The market opportunities are not only historic but quite lucrative if you know what you are doing.

DamntheMatrix, pick some daises to shove into the barrels of the rifles for the soldiers when they come, and they will come.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments