Time For a Revolt of Sensible Citizens!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Headless's picture
Headless
Time For a Revolt of Sensible Citizens!

It's time for a revolution, a revolt!

Hank Paulson is bailing out his friends and trying to cover his ass! If the gift to Citi doesn't convince you, you are not a sentient being. Wake the fuc* up!

How does this revolution proceed, succeed, end the exploitation of the middle class?

Simple:

1) If you have an account with Citi, tomorrow you go to the bank and close it. Withdraw all funds;

2) If you have a credit card with Citi, call them and tell them you will not be able to pay it for the next 6 months (don't fear the loss or damage of your credit, as they are going to raise your rate anyway);

3) Optional, but recommended: write your congressman/senator and tell them:

"I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore! Any bank you decide to--or allow Hank Paulson to--bailout from this moment on, We, the People, better own! No more gifts!

Headless's picture
Headless
Re: Time For a Revolt of Sensible Citizens!

P.S. Send  a link to this post to every person you know and post a link to every chat/bulletin/etc. board you visit, read, or post to.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

From another thread I've been posting to...

mred wrote:

Damnthematrix:

First, don't make the mistake of
lumping together ALL debts

Why?  I know Americans are all hung up over their idiot government's
indebtedness, but ALL debts, even private ones, need economc growth to
pay off the interest. Where's that growth coming from in an energy
descent scenario?  And besides, more economic growth simply means that
even MORE DEBTS will be needed, and it was debt that got us into this
quagmire...  It seems to me a lot of people on this site don't quite
seem to have put ALL the stuff in the CC together...  the problems are
all hockey stick shaped, not least debt, and we're running out of
energy.  The baseball stadium's FULL of drops of water!

mred wrote:

Yes, so the Fed's balance sheet took a
moonshot, yes, federal debt can't be repaid unless in the process of inflation
any wealth you have is stripped from you, or well, by defaulting. But normal people out there
are still in debt, maybe still paying their homes, student loans or
whatever. And you advocate that everyone stop payment on every debt?
That is what you say. And that is going to solve the problems how
exactly?

Being free of debt frees you to do constructive things.  It means
you can work a whole lot less, probably at least two days a week for
most people, but a whole lot more for those in up to their necks.  It
means they have to drive less, which means we will run out of oil a lot
later than the current scenario, allowing us to plan to use what's left
to build the new sustainable future we so badly need.  It also means
less Fossil Fuels (FFs) are wasted on things that are trivial, and can
be conserved for farming and transitioning to sustainable farming.

mred wrote:

Are there consequences to that that would be better not to
precipitate? The problem with the government's debts is that they are
incurred in your name, without your knowing unless you are paying
attention. Just mortgaging future generations. What does that
have to do with the personal financial commitments that individuals
have made and that still sustain to some degree what remains of our economic
interactions?

We need a whole new system.  This one's completely stuffed...  It's
unsustainable, it won't last no matter what TPTB do...  so why flog a
dead horse? 

mred wrote:

Second, no I'm not kidding. Can people
still go to the store to buy food? Do people still get to work in
general? Can people get on a bus and go somewhere? Buy gas? Flip on
the switch and there is electricity still? You get the idea.

And just how long do you think this can all keep going?  IF business
as usual continues, next year there will be food and gas shortages.... 
All this idiotic consumption to pay off interest on debts that should
ve canceled has to stop sometime, why not now? 

mred wrote:

Things
are still working. I'm sure you have enough imagination to think
about how things will look like when they get really broken.
Furthermore, it is precisely the fact that things are not broken
enough which makes it difficult still to make the average person see
the dimensions of this predicament. It is precisely this what allows
so many people to remain oblivious. The fact that we can guess where things are heading doesn't change this fact.

True, but people will get seriously pissed off when TSHTF...  will
it not be too late then?  Will we not see blood in the streets?

Don't you think that if an internet campaign was started urging
people to stop paying their debts off because the banks don't deserve
to survive and telling people just how conned they were, that they
might just take it up?  It would be a bloodless coup....  no one on the
streets even, they all stay home and tear up their bank statements... 

Anyway, I still haven't seen a better proposition from this site. 

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Nonzeroone wrote:

It's time for a revolution, a revolt!

Hank Paulson is bailing out his friends and trying to cover his ass! If the gift to Citi doesn't convince you, you are not a sentient being. Wake the fuc* up!

How does this revolution proceed, succeed, end the exploitation of the middle class?

Simple:

1) If you have an account with Citi, tomorrow you go to the bank and close it. Withdraw all funds;

2) If you have a credit card with Citi, call them and tell them you will not be able to pay it for the next 6 months (don't fear the loss or damage of your credit, as they are going to raise your rate anyway);

3) Optional, but recommended: write your congressman/senator and tell them:

"I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore! Any bank you decide to--or allow Hank Paulson to--bailout from this moment on, We, the People, better own! No more gifts!

Nonzeroone:

It's not Citi that you should be angry about...It's anyone who gets bailed out (without strings and intelligent forcasting).  The Fed and Treasury are not bailing out "Citi".  They're trying to keep the system regardless of how much or who they have to spend it on.  Anyone involved in this system of money will be bailed out-- anyone-- esp. those at the core.  Shoot... if the Fed has to bail themselves out, which they will soon, then they will....again, anything to keep the system alive.  A "jolt" to the economy, that they keep referring to, is nothing more than trying to wake the dead.  They're hoping that "jolt" will start the heart beating again.... I think it's dead.

So spending your energy on Citi will do nearly nothing compared to what the Fed and Treasury will do to keep the current system-- even if it's dead.  They think that we can recover like we did from the Great Depression.  But maybe this was planned.  I guess we'll never know.  Welcome to a forthcoming New World Order.  I believe, sadly, that the first Zeitgeist movie might prove to realize their speculations.

krogoth's picture
krogoth
Don't leave out

Don't leave out our friends at the FDIC

Headless's picture
Headless

P.P.S.

Damthematrix,

Point taken.  Two sides to all...

People might want to skip #2 above (Call Citi and tell them you won't be able to make...). It sounded good when I was yelling at the television (Paulson) last night, but perhaps a transfer to a card with a sound bank...?  Perhaps we're not there yet  (don't pay), but it may become a necessary tool--if not an unavoidable end.

It's just inconceivable what our congress is letting him (Paulson) get away with; and yes, I do think that word (inconceivable) means what I think it means. 

Caroline,

I have actually watched one of the Zeitgeist movies (I hesitate to admit that), and I laughed at various points during the movie, thinking how absurd it was (as I did today when reading the article by the Russian intellectual that is predicting the break-up of the U.S. into six regions)...

I'm not laughing anymore (about the movie). What used to seem wacko, beyond-the-left-field-fence thinking (to me), I now find conceivably valid (due to the daylight robbery that is happening before the nation's eyes). If I had been sequestered in a room for the past six months and my only source of news was the guard that gave me my daily bread, I would much more easily come to the conclusion that he was crazy than I would that the events he was relating to me were actually occuring.

Just how stupid is the average American? And what must the real perception of the average American by the average politician be such that there only seem to be one (Ron Paul) or two (?) politicians who even feel compelled to take the People's side in this fiasco?

I watched Jim Rogers being interviewed by some melodramatic tart (sorry, it sounds sexist, but it's meant more in the sense of Palin-like) on Fox (have to understand the enemy), and Rogers kept trying to defend his position in various ways so she could understand him (his main point being that what the government is doing is more of what it did to get us into the situation in the first place, and that it would be better to do nothing at this point). She kept saying, "But if we just do nothing, it will be worse."  Time after time Rogers kept saying, "I know it will be bad. But we have to go through it." What he failed to tell her, in words that may have given her the opportunity to understand the point, was that  "The Damage Has Already Been Done! The redistribution of wealth is a done deal. The only way you could undo it would be to get the people who were the beneficiaries of the wealth transfer to give it back. That's not what we're doing. We're doing the opposite of that."

People seem to miss the point that everything that has happened is a transfer of wealth from the middle-class to those above it; you can't fix that by continuing to support the system that enabled the theft in the first place. Might as well try to get pigs to stop eating by throwing more slop into the pen. 

Down with Citi!

Piss on Paulson!

Listen to Tracy Chapman songs--and realize she had a point!

cat233's picture
cat233
Nonzeroone,
I understand your points, but it would not be advisable for anyone to intentionally call Citi and do as you first suggest.  I am glad to see you now suggest skipping #2... Not paying your debts on time won't just affect your interest rate with Citi, but also your credit score, and your rates on any other current unsecured debt and future secured debt.  As well as a new job or your current job if your credit score is checked, and lately it does matter more and more.   
BJ Lawson ran for Congress in the 4th District of NC.  He lost to a 20 year incumbent, he was indorsed by Ron Paul.  He isn't going anywhere and will try again.  He has an excellent blog.  http://lawsonforcongress.com/ 
Headless's picture
Headless

A Specific Example of Redistribution of Wealth: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601086&sid=aoPHoLjgduGY&refer=latin_america

Every $1 that Paulson's gift to Citi causes the the stock to rise puts $29 Million in the pocket of Carlos Slim.

Thank you Henry Paulson. You are really saving the middle class by sending X multiples of $29 Million to a billionaire in Mexico.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments