Throwing money at the car industry (paying to crush old cars)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
maveri's picture
maveri
Throwing money at the car industry (paying to crush old cars)

http://www.news.com.au/business/money/story/0,28323,25226952-14327,00.html

What's the bet our stupid government in Australia goes for this scheme!

I'm all for getting old cars off the road but this is just another way at holding up a bloated car industry.

I have an old car, the reason I have not replaced it is because it suits my needs and I refuse to pay the stupid prices required to buy a new one.

If this scheme is implemented, it will be like the first home buyers grants that the government are handing out here - throwing yet more money to prop up an industry that's too large and bloated for it's own good.

*sigh*

It seems the scheme is being put forward in the US as well for consideration.

maveri's picture
maveri
Re: Throwing money at the car industry (paying to crush old ...

Dam - I forgot to add, this will be like every other scheme - instead of actually doing what it should and deflate those industries to a correct size, it just causes them to inflate their prices to cover for the amount of cash people now have in excess (free money).

It happened here with the health bonus, housing first start allowance etc etc etc

The predictions that Australia will end up like Japan seem to be gaining traction every day...

:-(

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments