For those who miss Davos

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Travlin's picture
Travlin
For those who miss Davos

Here is a first class rant by a professional writer and observer of the USA.  Read the whole piece here.  http://fredoneverything.net/TowardGuatamala.shtml

Fred Reed wrote:

God it's wonderful—really diverting in a macabre sort of way, at least if you have a diseased sense of humor and enough Padre Kino red. Which I do. As I write the world's only delusional superflower, perennially in love with itself, navel-gazing as narcissistically as ever, ignorant, self-indulgent, gurbling like an insane relative in the attic and fondling electro-trinkets from Japan, is broke. Yes, we see a beautiful dive from the high board, two somersaults and a half-twist, into the Third World. And so richly deserved.

His web site has other columns.  Be warned that he is NOT politically correct.  You can expect to be offended so don’t complain here if you are.  Some columns are exceptionally good.  Some are bad, so you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.  It’s your choice if want to go there.

Travlin

Sylq's picture
Sylq
That was very amusing

That was very amusing

ao's picture
ao
Travlin wrote:   Here is a
Travlin wrote:

Here is a first class rant by a professional writer and observer of the USA.  Read the whole piece here.  http://fredoneverything.net/TowardGuatamala.shtml

Fred Reed wrote:

God it's wonderful—really diverting in a macabre sort of way, at least if you have a diseased sense of humor and enough Padre Kino red. Which I do. As I write the world's only delusional superflower, perennially in love with itself, navel-gazing as narcissistically as ever, ignorant, self-indulgent, gurbling like an insane relative in the attic and fondling electro-trinkets from Japan, is broke. Yes, we see a beautiful dive from the high board, two somersaults and a half-twist, into the Third World. And so richly deserved.

His web site has other columns.  Be warned that he is NOT politically correct.  You can expect to be offended so don’t complain here if you are.  Some columns are exceptionally good.  Some are bad, so you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.  It’s your choice if want to go there.

Travlin

He's good.  Thanks for the laughs ... I think.  I loved his biography as well.

Tim_P's picture
Tim_P
Very entertaining.  You are

Very entertaining.  You are right:  He is as non-PC as they come, but you have to admire his willingness to 'call em as he see's em'.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments