Thomas Paine.....Already Posted?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
r101958's picture
r101958
Thomas Paine.....Already Posted?

Don't know if somebody else already posted this but it is really good. I believe he has another one out too. 

r101958's picture
r101958
Re: Thomas Paine.....Already Posted?

Here is the newest Thomas Paine video......the one Glen Beck featured:

SPM's picture
SPM

I saw the excerpt from the Glenn Beck show. Pretty good stuff.

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

r10,

that is one excellent video, thankyou for posting!!! 

As a suggestion to gain maximum notice for this at CM.com, I'd link this thread onto Davos's Digest.

This needs to go viral...

Best,

Paul

strabes's picture
strabes

Paul, I agree.  Great stuff.  Unfortunately he'll be labeled a terrorist like Ron Paul followers were in Missouri recently.  :)

The only thing I disagree with him about is eliminating the electoral college.  It's the only thing that keeps us from becoming a 100% national empire based on mass manipulation.  Without it, politicians would only need to win significant majorities in the biggest cities.  The rest of the country would be completely screwed and ignored.  We're pretty much screwed already, but we would've been in worse shape way faster had it not been for the electoral college.  It may not be the best system, but anything that replaces it needs to maintain state representation...the US is a federal republic of states, not a democratic empire.

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

Strabes,

Hear hear. The missouri bulletin that labeled Ron Paul supporters (like myself) terrorists had me absolutely livid.

The only thing I've ever advocated was liberty, independance and responsible government.
No secret I'm no fan of the FED, either.

It's the bad guys calling 9-1-1.
As the saying goes, he who arrives first will have the most influence.

Cheers?

Aaron

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Strabes,

Ron Paul wasn't branded a terrorist by the majority, just the owners of the media; catch my drift?

The government are full of terrorists, haven't you been saying this?

It isn't in the fine detail buddy, it's in the action that's needed to get people off of their collective butts and go do something passionate in getting your country back!! How often have you said how much is wrong with the USA in thread after thread and post after post in this forum? How much are we on the same page? If you want the inaction to stop and reaction to start, you've gotta get out there and kick this country back into what its very spirit was, before corporate owned, self-interested politicians shut you down and gave you no voice to reason with. If this doesn't put everything you feel in context about the world in which we live, we may as well hand ourselves over to the knackers yard to be made into glue for all we're going to be fit for???

Ohhh...I just heard a pin drop...Sealed

Best,

Paul

(edit) Read my lower signature and click the link for Mario Savio... 

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly

The Obama adminstration has hijacked America because it citizens are docile.  Sorry, but that is not going to change.

jhelge's picture
jhelge

So the guy in a neckerchief wants English to be our national language? I don't think it's appropriate to legislate issues of how people choose to exercise speech. I seem to recall something in the Constitution about that...

That being said he is right about some things. Especially about our need to make our voices heard in Washington. Everyone needs to speak up as loudly as they can. After all, these are times that try men's souls. We must keep in mind that the harder the struggle the more glorious the victory.

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Gadfly,

so I strongly suggest you sit quietly under your tin hat and casually watch your world unravel, maintaining your strong lack of a voice :-

France

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090320/twl-nationwide-strikes-hit-france-41f21e0.html

Strikes

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090320/tpl-uk-france-protests-d1a0d5d.html

Madagascar

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090320/twl-au-suspends-madagascar-over-coup-41f21e0.html

...all of the above are news coverage of just 24 hours.

If the arguement is that we're going to bitch about the colour of this mans shirt or what language America speaks, this thread is going to fall down yet another hole of its own making like countless others. Is the United States, already pretty much owned by China, going to become an annexed province to the Chinese with your fellow countrymen commanded to learn Mandarin? I don't believe that would necessarily be the case, but your rights to free speech is pretty much gone already! You now need a permit and an annexed area to even read your own Constitution, or you'll be arrested. Find out how many peope are allowed to hold a group meeting before they've broken some heinous law that entitles your police force to begin arrests.

Here's some footage that might well bring a lump to your throat :-

...This is one of hundreds of such instances, right across the USA, while Americans in their majority, flag wave a new Corporate controlled President behind the desk at the White House; cheer on a heavily phrased and guarded speech with promises galore that are never met; watch their wealth line the pockets of the unworthy. Your adversity to the real and factual outcome to this, and your future is not going to get a James Stewart ending; this isn't a home-spun movie, this is spite, and with the gloves off...

Best,

Paul  

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Hmmm...  He, like so many others entirely miss the point.  America became the most powerful nation on Earth because it had loads of cheap and high quality domestic oil.

Now, you are paying the price of having squandered it, and fast running out.  Nothing can make the USA great again.   You haven't got the energy...

Simple as that.

Mike 

SteveS's picture
SteveS

Ok, I watched the 'Common Sense' video. Some interesting points - I do agree citizens should be more involved. But so much of it just didn't sit right, and after some thought it came me:

- Hijacking a national 'mythic' person to support your goals

- Talk of a 'uniculture'

- A charismatic spokeperson

- Nationalism

- Talk against various minorities

- Outsiders called 'invaders'

- Diluting our 'blood'

He's right, this happened once before, but the parallel I see happened 75 years ago. 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Steve,

to me, I see an American government that isn't governing the people. I see a media that has used fear as a design on its control. I see 1000 global American bases as a standing army that is paid for by the American tax payer using a model 'terrorist' as a misnomer, even in the nature of it, in the same respect that the cold war was a misnomer; please define 1 million Americans being watched in the suspicion that they are all terrorists?

I see another $1 trillion printed out of the ether to maintain the illusion and, from what the 3 E's and what this site stands for, I don't see any amount of sustain with the present system in place. That a mass walk-out from jobs on a Monday morning, with demonstrations on the streets of every city across the United States, ending by Friday, rallying to state that the Fed needs abolishing and the bloated Government needs casting out into the street is the right begining for the rights of the people to be regained? What is it that needs to be done to wake up the public from their slumber...

The character that Bob Basso is playing from 1789 would indeed have used such statements as those you carry as parallels from 75 years ago. It is in the decypher that you can create from his words, so as to rebuild something of the respect lost globally over the last 8 years of Bush's presidency, in the eyes of the rest of the world.

I've said this time and time again here - It is accountability that is missing in the people of the USA to rise up and take back what it is that was once theirs...

This game could well be over in a heart beat.

Best,

Paul

SteveS's picture
SteveS

Paul,

Thanks for your insight. I am certainly very unhappy with our government. They seem controlled by businesses and I have made my voice known. I don't like our meddling in other countries except in self-defense. I think illegal immigration is wrong, but I think it has become a problem because it has benefitted businesses, which in turn has thwarted any reasonable solution.

The video did make me review the real 'Common Sense', and I don't think this video is a good parallel of what the real Thomas Paine said. 

We need to be mad and we need to take action, but we need to focus on what the real problem is. This financial mess is by far the biggest problem this country has faced since - who knows? It wasn't caused by immigration, or Spanish, or muslim veils. It was caused by greedy people who probably look and sound a lot like Bob Bosso. 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Steve,

Bob Bosso aside, I think that American's should look in the mirror at themselves, then they would see who and what is the cause. That in itself should be realisation enough. We can make parallels to 1929 in regard to 2009, but 2009 isn't past history, but the present. The present will one day become past history and I do not like what is to come...

Best,

Paul 

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly

Vanityfox,

Thanks for the advice. 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Gadfly,

I know from reading everything I've written above that I've a bee up my butt on the subject of 'Corporation' led Government. I lay it out as passionately as I do for the simple reason that the vast majority here, using the value of information gained from this site, see no other option than to find small communities or 'go it alone' small-holdings, to try their hand at self-sustain. Yet, if this 'Corporate Animal' was cornered by the people who are being crushed by it, and it was humanely put out of 'our' misery, there would be a great deal less of a reason to hole up and wait for this crash. Of course, this is nieve of me, because you and I know quite well that we're many years too late in effecting an easy and painless splice between what madness has been allowed as a 'Free Market' and what inteligence would deem socially sustained living. While we've been feeding on the impermanent trough of first world status, we've harranged and crushed 'lesser' countries to our benefit, and in so doing, built what can only be seen by myself as a self-dilusional social structure that will keep the largest majority quietly voiceless right up to the moment where their potato chips aren't stock-piled at Walmart and the tv won't come on because the powers cut. 

Out of all of this, so far, the 'bread and circus's' are offered up on the plate, the official voting ploy from a government that simply changes its face every four to eight years is still run in the background by one machine (whether Republican or Democrat), and the parody of this game is that your rights of  freedom, set out by the Declaration of Independence has been wittled away to a 10th of what it was structured to be at its established begining.

As I'm an observer, outside of the shores of the USA in a ringside seat, so I'm less affected by the 'three-ring-circus' playing out directly in your shores, but boy am I pacing the floor at my home with anxious steps from a clearer view of the destruction coming, knowing full well that with all I've come to know has little effect other than putting my thoughts into words for others to read here.

All the wasted energy being used up; not so much in resources, but the people of the United States, running in tighter and smaller circles until there is little space to manouver, is sickening to watch. And still they look up to their new leader as though he were some kind of God, who appeases them not with actions, but with carefully chosen and scripted words, while 'Rome burns'.

Don't assume that I'm immune either, as Hungary, where I've emigrated to, has gained a loan from the World Bank to the tune of $25 billion, using part of that interest bearing finance to install 1800 extra riot police since January, complete with full American style riot gear and training, for the countries fast approaching realisation, as has America, with its supposed extra 30,000 riot trained troups to protect the corporate assets.

Call me a cynic if you wish, I deserve something of the 'box' mentality in the USA to be put into, with so much of the mind-set placing people into catagories and only valueing them on what political faction they seem to fit into, rather than the value of what they say. As I've inferred earlier and wish to quantify here, Mike (damnTheMatrix) says that "Nothing can make the USA great again", 'Strabes' feels that Bob Bosso who made this pair of films will be seen as "...a terrorist like Ron Paul followers were in Missouri recently",You have said that, "The Obama adminstration has hijacked America because its citizens are docile.  Sorry, but that is not going to change", and 'SteveS' finds 'Nationalism' and 'parallels of 75 years ago', as his answer.

To me, I don't see America as 'Great' anymore as a super-power, but I 'will' that it should again be at least a country that should be 'free' again, and that would be 'Great'. Strabes feels that we can compare Bob Basso's impersonation of Thomas Paine as compareable to a terrorist alikened to Ron Paul, when in 'my truth', Paul hasn't placed a foot wrong in regard to trying to teach the country that they're heading over a financial and politicised cliff in the making, and is deemed a terrorist by the very media and the very people who control that media. You have already chosen that there is no way of changing anything and SteveS characterful 'ticked box' calling in 'Nationalism' seems to carry so much weight that not one other person than myself seems to feel the statement so wrong as to post an objection to this thread.

Yet, that booming voice of reason that appears so much to stand alone, is telling you not to dissect him into a 'box', but to reason that over-all, you need to wake up to the fact that your future depends on making a sacrifice to your friends, family, neighbour and country; to make a stand for what is right in your hearts and minds; a moral one also.

There appears to be no single voice to persuade otherwise. No point of light directed with majority strength behind it. I look at all of these groups in America, who voice so much about what is wrong. But they're splintered groups who have no unity as a whole. Thousands upon thousands of organisations in groups of 10 to 10,000 who donot and will not unify while they bicker about what political paradgm they all fit with. None of these paradgm actually exist and are more a creation to keep them seperate, so therefore they have no voice loud enough above the microphone roar; the fenced in corporate sponsored election rallies and the gun-toting security protected black RV convoyed so-called officials that are running the gamit of the show and making a poor show of it for the people that matter and protecting the violations of freedom.

As so often is the case, if the animal is too big to tame, and its release would endanger, so the most humane thing to do would be to...

I'm not pouring out my ego on this post and I'm not attacking anyone I've named within it, I simply want some thought given to what I've described with more reason than to catagorise, catologue and hide it in a numbered slot of files called...

Best,

Paul

(edit) Watch again...

We The People Stimulus Package

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly
Vanityfox451 wrote:

There appears to be no single voice to persuade otherwise. No point of light directed with majority strength behind it. I look at all of these groups in America, who voice so much about what is wrong. But they're splintered groups who have no unity as a whole. Thousands upon thousands of organisations in groups of 10 to 10,000 who donot and will not unify while they bicker about what political paradgm they all fit with. None of these paradgm actually exist and are more a creation to keep them seperate, so therefore they have no voice loud enough above the microphone roar; the fenced in corporate sponsored election rallies and the gun-toting security protected black RV convoyed so-called officials that are running the gamit of the show and making a poor show of it for the people that matter and protecting the violations of freedom.

Exactly! 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

...So, the consensus view is that with all of these groups scattered and dissipated throughout the USA, no single voice will utilise them...

Divided and Conkered?

Best,

Paul

(edit) Reading this however :-

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26793903/the_big_takeover/print

...clarified everything I've written so far on this thread...

A good few million people marching on Washington in protest seems the single most important consequence of this!!!

Never, in my entire history have I felt so furious at the hopelessness in persuading people to act....

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments