Things That Make Me Angry! As They Should You!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Headless's picture
Headless
Things That Make Me Angry! As They Should You!

When I watched this (

)  for the first time, many years ago, I had no idea that I could ever feel like that.

I propose this thread,Things That Make Me Mad, as a place to post those things that should evoke Righteous Anger; if they don't, you're dead or "stoopid."

I just went to the window and did as Howard Beale suggested after reading the article below. This is something that needs to be retroactively...fixed?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/18/business/18pay.html?_r=2&hp

Headless's picture
Headless
Re: Things That Make Me Angry! As They Should You!

When everything finally comes crashing down, I think Mark Haines is going to be our Howard Beale.

Golden Age's picture
Golden Age

My reaction to what has happened is, if I were one who lost my pension, savings and/or future financial security I would certainly be at my window yelling, I'm mad as hell.  But what good would that do?

People should be in the judicial system being prosecuted and in jail but not much is happening on that scale.  The reason is that the people who should have been watching out for investors are the same people who were getting rich and/or benefitting politically.  The SEC, Congress and the Executive Branch are all implicated and they are going to be busy shoving the responsibility for what has happened on to someone else.  

I guess we will have to wait until Obama is elected to see if someone is going to start digging in the compost to find out who is criminally negligent.  I doubt it will happen, personally.  

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Righteous Anger Can be Good

There are times when critical analysis should touch the chords of human emotion - including anger. We should "think" first and "feel" second but we should recognize that both brain hemispheres, used in harmony, can make us much more effective.

Human intuition for example can be very powerful, transcending the sum of "thinking and feeling." Creativity, motivation, courage and sense of purpose are all benefits of this process.

So yes, righteous anger is empowering - feel free to be pissed-off. If others tell you "no point in getting mad" or "you can't do anything about it" - ignore them as mental eunuchs lacking a pineal gland and continue on your way! 

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Re: Righteous Anger Can be Good
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

There are times when critical analysis should touch the chords of human emotion - including anger. We should "think" first and "feel" second but we should recognize that both brain hemispheres, used in harmony, can make us much more effective.

when i hear words like should, i "feel" i 'should" respond. there is a school of thought that posits the way we operate is

E-I-F=A 

we experience an event, we form an interpretation and we experience an emotion ( a feeling) this leads to an action.

the first is objective what follows is subjective. but there is another set of circumstances which does not allow for the functioning of the mind per se. that is when the fight or flight response is triggered by a sudden event. at which time feeling (fear) is the motivator

Human intuition for example can be very powerful, transcending the sum of "thinking and feeling." Creativity, motivation, courage and sense of purpose are all benefits of this process.

personally i think intuition is more rooted in feeling than thinking or separate from either. but certainly is a transcendent way of  operating.

So yes, righteous anger is empowering - feel free to be pissed-off. If others tell you "no point in getting mad" or "you can't do anything about it" - ignore them as mental eunuchs lacking a pineal gland and continue on your way! 

of course the mental eunuchs may be right in an objective way. but you will filter it through your subjective interpretation.

so neo do you take the red or the blue pill?

Headless's picture
Headless

I take all the pills...while living in America--which will only be for 5 more weeks.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

E-I-F=A may be adequate in defining a primitive form of artificial intelligence but this equation falls woefully short in having any relevance to the human mind. At a minimum, you are missing many variables as the operation of the brain is still mostly undefined. 

joe2baba wrote:

personally i think intuition is more rooted in feeling than thinking or separate from either

This is a dynamic process and to be sure, there is still a great deal of mystery involved at least from a scientific perspective. My personal opinion is that there is much more taking place. For example, distant memories that transcend our lifetimes, may be programmed in our genes.

I still go back to my original assertion, the two hemispheres of the brain work most optimumly when in harmony by a central awareness, the I of me, that appears to be the pineal gland - the very eye that we truly see with. A higher consciousness is not to be derived from favoring one brain hemisphere over the other, but rather, in the I of me - the essence of our existence.

So, please feel free to get angry and don't try to be Mr Spock - or you will never reach your potential.

Nonzeroone wrote:

I take all the pills...while living in America--which will only be for 5 more weeks.

At the expense of sounding nosey (I am) what are you planning, where are you going? Hardly a day goes by that I don't consider moving away from what's coming. But, I don't know that things will ultimately be any better - plus you effectively lose network of family and friends. I'd sure be interested in hearing your ideas. 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

E-I-F=A may be adequate in defining a primitive form of artificial intelligence but this equation falls woefully short in having any relevance to the human mind. At a minimum, you are missing many variables as the operation of the brain is still mostly undefined. 

joe2baba wrote:

personally i think intuition is more rooted in feeling than thinking or separate from either

This is a dynamic process  and to be sure, there is still a great deal of mystery involved at least from a scientific perspective. My personal opinion is that there is much more taking place. For example, distant memories that transcend our lifetimes, may be programmed in our genes. Neither of us can say for certain that we understand the mind.

I still go back to my original assertion, the two hemispheres of the brain work most optimumly when operated in harmony by a central awareness, the I of me, that appears to be the pineal gland - the very eye that we truly see with. A higher consciousness is not to be derived from favoring one brain hemisphere over the other, but rather, in the I of me - the essence of our existence.

So, please feel free to get angry and don't try to be Mr Spock - or you will never reach your potential.

Nonzeroone wrote:

At the expense of sounding nosey (I am) what are you planning, where are you going? Hardly a day goes by that I don't consider moving away from what's coming. But, I don't know that things will ultimately be any better - plus you effectively lose network of family and friends. I'd sure be interested in hearing your ideas. 

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

i think jill bolte taylor might disagree with your assertion

A higher consciousness is not to be derived from favoring one brain
hemisphere over the other, but rather, in the I of me - the essence of
our existence.

you can find her on TED . she is a brain scientist who had a stroke.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Thanks joe2baba, I will give her a read.

Headless's picture
Headless

DrKrbyLuv said: "At the expense of sounding nosey (I am) what are you planning, where are you going? Hardly a day goes by that I don't consider moving away from what's coming. But, I don't know that things will ultimately be any better - plus you effectively lose network of family and friends. I'd sure be interested in hearing your ideas."

An island in the Yellow Sea. I've lived in so many places, I consider the world my family, and surely, my friends; it's always exciting to meet new people and share their unique lives and cultures, kind of like having a birthday everyday and getting a beautiful present you had never even conceived of.

DrKrbyLuv said: "...the two hemispheres of the brain work most optimumly when operated in harmony by a central awareness."

joe2baba said: "i think jill bolte taylor might disagree with your assertion

A higher consciousness is not to be derived from favoring one brain hemisphere over the other, but rather, in the I of me - the essence of our existence."

Whatever she said, you should see it for yourself if you haven't; turn off left brain first.  Powerful!  Inspring! TED!

Two others to see:

Sirena Huang: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/sirena_huang_dazzles_on_violin.html (24 of the best minutes of your life...)

Ken Robinson: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html (Thinking about the limitations of your thinking)

Perhaps I should change the title of the thread: Things That Make Me Cry and Scream...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments