Is there a forum pruning policy?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
r's picture
r
Is there a forum pruning policy?

I noticed that forum threads and posts are occassionally pruned.  Is this intentional or is there an occassional glitch in the forum software.  If the pruning is intentional, what is the policy?  What determines which posts and topics to be removed, besides of course the ones which don't adhere to the posted guidelines?

admin's picture
admin
Re: Is there a forum pruning policy?

Can you provide some examples of where you believe the forum threads have been pruned?  We don't intentionally prune threads beyond any steps related to posting guidelines, and I don't know of any 'occasional glitches' in the software that causes threads to be pruned.

Moderators have the right to move (or remove) posts and topics, and their guidelines for doing so are the Site Posting Terms of Use.

r's picture
r

Chapter 13 of the Crash course a post by Woodman is listed as the last post but at one time there was a newer post in another thread.

In the Global Warming... Brushing off thread between 10/20 and 10/30 I posted two times the last time in response to Stan Robertson.  Stan's post is also gone. 

From your response the two possibilities are that you are unaware of the problem or I'm crazy and I accept either explanation :-) .  And it's not a big deal, I'm not especially proud of those posts, I was just wondering.

admin's picture
admin

I've sent a message to the moderators to let them respond.  They would know better than I would if content has been removed or moved for a particular reason.

Moderator Jason's picture
Moderator Jason

Hello r,

No posts in those folders have been moderated, to my recollection, and none anywhere by the users you mentioned.  In any event, when we remove or substantially edit a post, the user will always receive a private email explaining the reasons.

Sincerely,
Jason, moderator

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments