Is there anyway to create a post with a poll for CM forum members?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
YoungEntrepreneur's picture
YoungEntrepreneur
Is there anyway to create a post with a poll for CM forum members?

I've seen other message boards and forums contain them. Curious to see if the CM forums had this capability.

Would be really cool to see how people felt about certain newsworthy or big impact topics.

If not, just a suggestion as a feature. CM web developers/content contributors could even use them as a way to obtain feedback on what their readership and subscribers want. Thanks.

YE

aggrivated's picture
aggrivated
polls and site feedback

YoungEntreprneur

When I first joined I brought up a similar idea and never got a response. Maybe I didn't have my thoughts together enough or the timing wasn't rights.    Here's what I think now which agrees with your thoughts.

Polls on ideas are helpful, but they should be controlled.  By that I mean one member, one vote. This would prevent someone with an axe to grind on a topic getting too much input on the poll.  

The other area that would be helpful would be a similar poll under the "take action" section.  This one would list the recommended areas of preparedness and would allow members on a monthly or quarterly basis to update their own % of preparedness in each area.  Again, one member, one update per time frame.  This would serve two purposes.  First, it would give feedback to the Martenson site on the actual 'buy in' of the members of the site and also would provide a sense of momentum in a positive way to the members who need encouragement from the community as a whole. 

Granted, we can't live like politicians making decisions on what the polls say, but I do think the condensed feedback would be helpful on both fronts.  All polls must be taken with a grain of salt,  poll +salt= helpful input.

YoungEntrepreneur's picture
YoungEntrepreneur
Agreed Aggrivated...

Exactly the framework I was thinking of.

I may repost under the site "Site Feedback & Comments" section. Would be a great way to anonimously canvas the community and plan for future content, interviews and events. Thanks.

YE

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments