support and committment

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ao's picture
ao
support and committment

There's been some controversy as of late on the site about the paid enrollment versus free access issue.  Obviously, if I don't have to shell out money for something, I'd rather not.  Recently, Chris has started doing a "What Should I Do?  Basics of Resilience" series.  He's put a lot of valuable information out there ... entirely free, no charge, not a dime.  The Crash Course took a great deal of time, effort, and resources to develop and put out there but so do these types of articles and other information that he provides.  It gave me pause.  I looked back at everything I've learned here, not only from CM but from a whole host of contributors such as Aaron, Larry, Davos, DIAP, JAG, Erik, Plickety Cat and Gungnir, Cloudfire, and a bunch of others (including even the self described bad boy, V, and especially the mysteriously silent but much appreciated Saxplayer) and I'm very grateful to all of you.  This site has been an incredible source of information.  I realized that even if I were to receive no special benefits from being an enrolled member, it's time to put my money where my mouth is and support something that I believe in.  So today I decided to show some committment to this site in a more tangible way than previously and become an enrolled member.  I realize that it isn't economically feasible for everyone here to do that but for me, it's just a way of saying thank you and helping promote the cause.  I'd encourage those that are able to do the same.  Coram Deo.       

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Re: support and committment

Totally agree ao.  Chris is giving away the store.  We all need to support his efforts financially.  The cost is very reasonable and the value is high.  The information here will pay for itself in the money we save by following the advice received instead of learning the hard way.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Congrats ao!

Welcome to the club!

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Travlin wrote:

Totally agree ao.  Chris is giving away the store.  We all need to support his efforts financially.  The cost is very reasonable and the value is high.  The information here will pay for itself in the money we save by following the advice received instead of learning the hard way.

+1! 

I also agree with ao that not everyone can afford this.  But for those of us who can, it sure feels good to help Chris in one way we can. 

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

Welcome to the club, AO! Do you know the secret handshake yet?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments