Strafor says Chinese economy is unsustainable

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ezlxq1949's picture
ezlxq1949
Strafor says Chinese economy is unsustainable

Just got an email from Stratfor advertising their latest book entitled "China, Power and Perils". The headline is, "China's Economic Miracle: as unsustainable as a Ponzi Scheme".

"China's economy (according to China) needs 8% annual growth, to keep the roughly 16 million new people entering the work force from rising in jobless protest—and to keep up with climbing wages and to sustain a growing retired population. A combination of exports, loose lending practices, super low margins, and government spending help keep up the growth. Sound healthy to you?"

I live in hope that one day Stratfor will discover and acknowledge that the rest of the world is on the same path.

You can buy the book if you want. It'll cost you a Stratfor membership, or an extension if already a member. I can get this and another book "for free" if I extend my membership for $199. Pass.

ezlxq1949's picture
ezlxq1949
docmims's picture
docmims
yes the Chinese statistics

yes the Chinese statistics are as farcical as the US statistics, and they are totally reliant on the US economy.  If we don't buy their stuff, their factories go idle.  In the US 70percent of the income is controlled by the top 1% of the population.  In China 99 percent of the income is controlled by the top 1%.  The people are getting a little restless over the food inflation.

docmims's picture
docmims
yes the Chinese statistics

yes the Chinese statistics are as farcical as the US statistics, and they are totally reliant on the US economy.  If we don't buy their stuff, their factories go idle.  In the US 70percent of the income is controlled by the top 1% of the population.  In China 99 percent of the income is controlled by the top 1%.  The people are getting a little restless over the food inflation.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments