Stone Them All

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
yobob1's picture
yobob1
Stone Them All

A senior aide for Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) was arrested Tuesday for attempting to bring marijuana into the Hart Senate Office Building, according to U.S. Capitol Police reports.

Marcus Stanley, who served as a senior economic adviser and at one time worked on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee — chaired by Boxer — was stopped by a police officer Tuesday morning when he allegedly tried to “remove and conceal” a leafy green substance from his pocket during a security screening at the Constitution Avenue door of the Hart building around noon, according to a Capitol Police report.

.....Stanley has worked on Capitol Hill since 2007, according to financial disclosure records from Legistorm, and draws a six-figure salary. He has also worked for the Joint Economic Committee.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/41897.html#ixzz0z2FHlYOo

Stanley also worked on the Refer Railcar Improvement Inititative as well as the Doobie Pass Highway Plan.

Davos's picture
Davos
Re: Stone Them All
yobob1 wrote:

tried to “remove and conceal” a leafy green substance from his pocket during a security screening at the Constitution Avenue door of the Hart building around noon, according to a Capitol Police report.

.....Stanley has worked on Capitol Hill since 2007, according to financial disclosure records from Legistorm, and draws a six-figure salary. He has also worked for the Joint Economic Committee.

So the architects of this economic abortion were stoned out of their mind. And we pay them 6 figures to suffer the ramifications of their stoned creativity?

Insane.

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape

I wonder how many of those architects have alcohol abuse problems. I wonder if they'll arrest them for that.  If they are smoking at work, they need to be fired.  But they also need to be fired if they have a few cocktails over lunch or on their dinner break.  While having sober politicians would be my first preference, I can say from being pothead in high school, I'd rather they be high than drunk or hung over any day.  I managed to keep a 3.7 gpa despite being high pretty much all of junior and senior year.  And I managed to almost flunk out of my freshman year in college due to weekend drinking binges. 

I know engineers, doctors, and lawyers that smoke pot recreationally in place of drinking. From my experience recreational use has benefits and is so much safer than alcohol consumption.  I get annoyed anytime someone starts to dog out pot while neglecting how prevalent alcohol abuse is in almost every arena of our country, including the political one.  Alcohol abuse is more readily accepted and widely ignored but has much more devestating effects on the individuals doing the abusing as well as the lives around those individuals. 

BTW didn't both Thomas Jefferson and George Washington grow marijuana?

Davos's picture
Davos

Stoned of pie faced from booze and creative while they are on their own time - is one thing. Stoned or drinking when working on FinReg - or any financial architecture on our dime is BS.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Marcus Stanley, who served as a senior economic adviser and at one time worked on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee — chaired by Boxer — was stopped by a police officer Tuesday morning when he allegedly tried to “remove and conceal” a leafy green substance from his pocket during a security screening at the Constitution Avenue door of the Hart building around noon, according to a Capitol Police report.

Ok..thats just plain stupid. Really? You just thought you'd bring a bag of weed to work at a federal building that you know screens people before they enter?

You are supposed to smoke it 'before' you get to work, then shower and apply Visine. I mean...if I smoked thats what I would do...you know...if I did.

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
yobob1 wrote:

A senior aide for Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) was arrested Tuesday for attempting to bring marijuana into the Hart Senate Office Building, according to U.S. Capitol Police reports.

Stanley also worked on the Refer Railcar Improvement Inititative as well as the Doobie Pass Highway Plan.

Marcus Stanley was also involved in a study on the long term effects of  drug exposure on seabirds, in the D.C. area. He left not one tern unstoned.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments