STATIONING TROOPS IN U.S. WHY?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
STATIONING TROOPS IN U.S. WHY?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20081125/D94LLSO00.html

i found this to be an interesting article

I tend to read between the lines. so i would guess that would make me a conspiracy theorist .

yes we need better trained (  in domestic insurgency)  troops to guard the fatherland ...oh excuse me the homeland.

who would be stupid enough to invade us. china can buy us much cheaper and not have to rebuild us. russia is going broke again. the islamists will just use isolated acts of terror which will be immune to troops.

so that leaves us. i think that was somehow related to the revolution, something about having to host british troops.

they overestimate us we will not take up arms against them. we are the sheeple and damn proud of it.

oh they are worried about pirates ............i got it now.

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Re: STATIONING TROOPS IN U.S. WHY?

I think, according to the comspiracy theorist, the article shows that we need to start integrating the military amongst the citizens so that we familiarize ourselves with the military as a sense of norm.  That way we will not be caught off guard when we are surrounded by miliary when "they" go in for the kill.  One could either create a panic by instilling a military suddenly or assimilate the citizens to the military with ease.  If "they" are intending to create a police state, then the latter would be a much better strategy for them.  Don't we have empty detention/concentration camps in the U.S.  Are they finished?  Wasn't it the mercenaries the ones who got the contracts to build them?  If we do have these huge, empty detention camps...

1.  What are they for?

2.  or... WHO are they for?

3.  Why are they in the U.S.?

4.  Why aren't more people aware of them?

5.  Does anyone have more information?

radiance's picture
radiance

It is worse than most know

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army_homeland_090708w/

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

“I can’t think of a more noble mission than this,”

"to take care of the citizens at home"

The politicians are scared methinks, does not sound like they will tolerate rioting like in Iceland.

radiance's picture
radiance

As things unfold the mindless masses will run to the TV where the masters of numbing mind control flourish. I quit TV years ago I advise all to do the same.

Headless's picture
Headless

GregRoberts,

You said: "The politicians are scared methinks, does not sound like they will tolerate rioting like in Iceland."

I haven't been in a fight since I was in the sixth grade; in any fight that I was in prior to that, I never hit first. I am not a violent man. Yet, when I think about what our government (those who have failed to protect the citizens they "served") has done to America and the average American, I am thankful that the republicans have, for far too long, interpreted the 2nd ammendment to the Constitution as they have; it looks like they may finally  have to stop rationalizing their self-serving misinterpretation of that ammendment, because there is a good chance they are going to witness what its true intention really was! (How fortunate for them that with their recent flip-flop on the definition of Capitalism, they have a little practice at turning the turrets on their strongholds as necessary.)

Though I do not own a gun, I will be gleefully cheering on the New Middle-Class Militia as they demonstrate how practical that ammendment was--and still is--due to the nature of the lesser Man that seeks power and wealth, and tends to dominate public office.

You think the politicians are scared? They should be.

hillbilly's picture
hillbilly

Not to be the one to be alarmist...but it is interesting to see how many posts are out there regarding these so called FEMA Camps.

When the contracts were awarded a few years ago, I was staggered, and could not believe how easily the contracts were awarded without Americans reacting. Being British, I don't think we have any yet; though where USA leads we follow like lap dogs!

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/camps.htm

As a first poster to the site, I must add that it has opened my eyes considerably, and fully support the incrediable efforts by Chris's team to get the word out. Keep up the great work folks.

rlee's picture
rlee

Watch for the next step in this operation:  Classification of Homeland Security personnel to "Police".  No need for national disaster or emergency to deploy at that point!

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

switters's picture
switters

Naomi Wolfe has written and spoken at length about this issue.  Check out some of her videos on YouTube. 

This is definitely something to be concerned about, and it's not a partisan issue.  As citizens we must work to undo the precdents that have been put in place over the last eight years for increasing government "control and command".  

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

Probably the first people they will imprison will be the registered gun owners and members of the NRA.

pov56's picture
pov56

A brigade is what, 8000 troops?  How much territory could they patrol let along control? 

radiance's picture
radiance

There are not enough prisons, not even close, to hold the 2ND Amendment crowd. We are the a massive majority. The REX 84 camps are displacement camps for Nonviolent citizens. They have other far more sinister agenda for us. Think Pol Pot, for those who don't know the tyrant he oversaw the genocide of his people the during the seventies in Cambodia.

This will eclipse the Roman Coliseum hay-days when ten fingered beasts roared with erotic delight as hungry tormented lions devoured men women and children. If the days are not shortened no flesh will survive.

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

"There are not enough prisons, not even close, to hold the 2ND Amendment crowd. We are the a massive majority"

There are ways to make enough room, did you see the smokestacks on that one building?

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

this is one scary f^&*^ article

it IS worse than we know

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

they are talking more than a brigade. they are talking national guard and reserves in every state

wdstk46's picture
wdstk46

Until the 1950s, excluding periods of war, the vast majority of regular troops were stationed inside the country.  Prior to the beginning of the twentieth century, the stationing of troops anywhere else was unthinkable.  The concept of a standing army in the U.S. with any other purpose than to defend the country was completely foreign to the founding fathers.

The upgrading of the National Guard to combat status is a overt admission that the armed forces of the country have now been stretched beyond their capabilities and certainly well beyond any constitutional mission.  My fear isn't that the amy is going to be turned against the people but that we are now sitting ducks.  We can no longer defend against any credible threat.

We need to do two things.  First, get the armed forces back home where they belong and second, return the National Guard to the function of state militias as provided for in the constitution.  One of the great fears of the "anti-Federalists" was that, somehow, the militias would be converted into a national force.  Those fears have been realized.  

KKPSTEIN's picture
KKPSTEIN

Americans have been duped into trading their freedom for security vis a vis The Patriot Act and soon to be Martial Law.  The oldest trick in the book.  Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin warned us of this. 

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety - Ben Franklin

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments