Special offer ideas

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Special offer ideas

The CM.com staff is working on obtaining deals and other special offers on preparedness products for the CM.com community. What products and/or merchants would you most like to receive deals on?

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Hi Adam-     The Ready

Hi Adam-

The Ready Store was a good first choice.  Beyond that, the kind of places I'm spending $ at are Amazon.com (preparedness bookS) and places where I can buy things like fruit trees or berry biuhes (Startbros.com or St Lawrence Nurseries @ www.sin.potadM.NY.US/

Thanks fo rall you do, Adam!

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
pinecarr wrote: Hi
pinecarr wrote:

Hi Adam-

The Ready Store was a good first choice.  Beyond that, the kind of places I'm spending $ at are Amazon.com (preparedness bookS) and places where I can buy things like fruit trees or berry biuhes (Startbros.com or St Lawrence Nurseries @ www.sin.potadM.NY.US/

Thanks fo rall you do, Adam!

Hi Pinecarr

I bought my berry bushes from 2 places. Gurneys and Walmart. The ones from Walmart all lived. 2 of the 4 from Gurneys died. Go figure.

GiraffeOK's picture
GiraffeOK
Lehman's non-electric

I'd suggest Lehman's non-electric store for old-fashioned tools and equipment that doesn't require electricity.

grandefille's picture
grandefille
Lehman's non-electric

Second that.  I've been drooling over their stuff, but it's pricey.

Julie

Danny Nye's picture
Danny Nye
The real investment is:

Tools and raw materials. A set of carpentry tools and tools for salvaging materials is much handier.

E bay, Amazon, local low end junk shops and Antique shops are the places to look. Estate sales and Flea markets come to mind. For every power tool that I use to work on yachts, I have the equivalent hand tool. Broad ax, felling ax, hatchet, adz, crosscut, rip and back saws,. hack saws, chisel set, planes from scrub, jack,fore, jointer, low angle, rabbet, filister, plow and match. a bench with a vice and dogs. for drilling and driving multiple screws I fall back on ratcket braces, corner brace, smiths sway, wimble, square shanked driver bits, counter sinks, augers and holow augers, and expansion bits. Don't forget hammers, crows, flat bars, drifts, johnson bars, nail sets, cold chisels, files and sledges. Just to round it off I have a small blacksmith shop with twenty years of experience with both tool sets. A library of patterns and old knowledge is necessary. Buy books not software. Old tools are cheaper than new and should last a century or more.

Gardening tools can be had the same way, You should want pre 1950, things were made to last forever and to be maintained indefinitely.

Danny

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
bucket deals?

Baytec for food-safe 5 gallon buckets and gamma lids. Best price on the internet. Shipping is a killer, though.

jasonw's picture
jasonw
Special Offers Feedback

As I work towards building new vendor relationships and arranging the various deals of the week, are there any particular product lines, vendors or categories of resilience building you want me to go after?  Any and all feedback would be appreciated so that we can better meet the needs of the community.  Thanks - Jason

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments