Sources for issues presented in crash course

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
omgzomg's picture
omgzomg
Sources for issues presented in crash course

Hello all

I need to do a 30 page report on exponential growth and limits to growth based on Crash Course. I need to objectively review the points presented in the video and determine whether or not they are true or accurate.

For this project I need lots of source material: books from academic/respected authors and articles published in scientific journals.

Could you help me find some good sources? I know there are book and article lists on this site, but most of them don't meet the standards. People like Al Bartlett and work like his are excellent sources.

Sources relating directly to a specific issue presented in crash course are preferable. For instance quality articles about peak oil are welcome. Published articles would actually be a lot better than books, because I can access those easily. 

Also I'm sure there are lots of reports like this already made, so if you know of one, please let me know.

Thank you.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Re: Sources for issues presented in crash course

Can't help you with the exponential function (although I know there's some dude cited on here that did the definitive work on it back in the day), but www.theoildrum.com should be full up with references to good solid info about Peak Oil.  Good luck!

Viva -- Sager

ckessel's picture
ckessel
omgzomg wrote:

Hello all

I need to do a 30 page report on exponential growth and limits to growth based on Crash Course. I need to objectively review the points presented in the video and determine whether or not they are true or accurate.

For this project I need lots of source material: books from academic/respected authors and articles published in scientific journals.

Could you help me find some good sources? I know there are book and article lists on this site, but most of them don't meet the standards. People like Al Bartlett and work like his are excellent sources.

Sources relating directly to a specific issue presented in crash course are preferable. For instance quality articles about peak oil are welcome. Published articles would actually be a lot better than books, because I can access those easily. 

Also I'm sure there are lots of reports like this already made, so if you know of one, please let me know.

Thank you.

Omgzomg,

For Energy I recommend you research M. King Hubbert and his work in the field of energy resources and the behavior of crude oil fields and their extraction and depletion profiles.

Ellen Brown is a good read in her book, Web of Debt which covers economics and the history of banking. She references her sources as well.

That should get you started. Good luck!

Coop

Woodman's picture
Woodman

I just read Richard Heinberg's book Powerdown on the subject of peak oil.  He has a long list of references at the end of the book.

Even better might be the recent UK Industry Taskforce report on peak oil; you can download it for free; besides being a good source for current findings itself, the report includes a literature review and list of references.

i have more books coming in the mail; will let you know if I think somethign would be useful for you.

T

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments