Soros : China As Leader of Financial "New World Order" . Soros is wrong in my opinion, a Chinese opinion.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
kennyq's picture
kennyq
Soros : China As Leader of Financial "New World Order" . Soros is wrong in my opinion, a Chinese opinion.

Many Westerners such as Mr. Rogers, Mr. schiff, Mr Soros ..etc, they all misunderstand the problems with China. Any nation will be prosper, there

are two key conditions, first it needs natural resources and sound environment, secondly its people must has a high moral standard . In other words,

people can't act like animals to run a government (from State to local government all corrupted ), in a community or in a private business.The

Chinese traditional value which supports the moral value has been destroyed under 60 years Communist rules. The entire land of China has been

toxicated.Its resouces has been totally drawned for 30 years of "EXPORT".

Most informations feed to Westerners are "kool aids" from the propaganda dept. of the Communist party, or the truth was filtered. If the Chinese

cannot log in youtube.com in China since it is " sensored" by the Chinese communist government, how much truth do you think a Westerner can

get from those Chinese medias which controled by the Communist government?

I found this few days ago:

http://club.cat898.com/newbbs/dispbbs.asp?boardid=1&id=3076491

docmims's picture
docmims
Re: Soros : China As Leader of Financial "New World Order" ...

Soros says things for a reason.  He makes his fortune trading currency -- some would say manipulating currencies.  He is not going to shoot strait (tell the truth) to anybody.  He is either trying to curry favor with the Chinese by talking them up or hurt the dollar so he can make money in the next dollar strengthening.  I believe that our american dollar supply is shrinking due to the credit collapse (remember all dollars are leveraged 10 times by the banks) faster than the fed can print them right now.  Soros knows this and wants the uninformed to dump their dollars.

Just my 2c.

So actually you are correct -- Soros is wrong.  (I just think he knows he's wrong)

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

kennyq said:

The Chinese traditional value which supports the moral value has been destroyed under 60 years Communist rules. The entire land of China has been toxicated. Its resouces has been totally drawned for 30 years of "EXPORT".

Chinese dissident Bao Tong put forth the following questions earlier this year about the Chinese "stimulus":

"So will this huge sum be used improperly? Will it aggravate various social problems? For example, will it stimulate even more lavish
spending by some Communist Party administrators, or more corruption on the part of some officials, or more substandard construction projects, thereby harming the nation and the people? Will it worsen the growing urban/rural income gap or worsen the already decreasing ratio
of labor income versus GDP? Or will it stimulate a new surge of environmental pollution and destruction  of natural resources?"

So has the money been put to good use?

RedHeadKingPin's picture
RedHeadKingPin

Hi kennyq.  Thanks for chiming in.  I'm glad to hear a Chinese perspective.

My thoughts:

I doubt Sorros or any other big time investor is relying on youtube - or any other internet source - for investment advice. Media censorship is not an issue unique to China, and men like Soros don't have to rely upon media for information.

"Does a corrupt government mean that it's billions citizens "act like animals"?  I don't see how that follows.

"Chinese traditional value which supports the moral value has been destroyed under 60 years Communist rules"  I interact daily with a high number of Chinese people and citizens in my profession.  I have not seen any evidence that they are of 'destroyed moral value'.  Are you of destroyed moral value?  I don't get it.

Soros is only pointing out the obvious, in terms of where the manufacuring is moving, and where the power elite have decided they want to do business.  This is a decades old trend, not just a recently hatched plan for the future - it is the present.  It is not a plan in the making, but a plan already unfolding.

America did not prosper because of a 'high moral standard'.  I don't see how critical elements like, a wide expanse of resource resources inhabited by technilogically inferior inhabitants (Native Americans) who were easily exploited, slave labor, or imperialsm constitute a 'moral standard' of any kind.  Morality and empire building are mutually exclusive realities.

I'm sorry, but I can not read your link.  My apologies.

I hear that you have frustration with the shortcomings of the Chinese government, but I fail to understand how that invalidates anything spoken by Soros.

peace.

rht1786's picture
rht1786

I am living in China now. Parts of China are filthy, vile, resource-stripped wastelands. The Eastern seaboard is constantly covered by a thick layer of pollution. Today, I couldn't see more than a mile while walking through a city -- I couldnt' see more than two city blocks, because of thick smoke and fog. At this time of year, farmers burn their crops, which sends acrid layers of smoke tumbling across the country towards the Pacific. Add regular smog on top of that for one vile concoction.

I have had a sore throat and a light cough all day. Additionally, my snot is black from soot in the air. I have black boogers. Imagine living in these conditions for your whole life. Yes, your body may grow accustomed to them and your immune system will change, but breathing toxins also wrecks your vital bodily functions.

As for a moral code, the Chinese moral code is strong. If you want to contrast moral values, live in backwater China for a year. No drinking. No sex before marriage. Respect your elders. Strong family ties.

Of course, alongside that you have the effects of totalitarianism: no respect for honesty, a false happiness, false senses of affection, the tendency to accept the status quo, widespread emotional supression, acceptence of the subpar, no expressed desire for change or a better life.

As for resources, I don't have the data on that, but consider the exponential function analogy of a droplet of water in a sports stadium. The droplet of water will double every minute. If you place the droplet of water in the center of the stadium at 12:00 PM, and the droplet of water expands at a constant doubling rate, then at 12:47 PM, the stadium will still be less than half full. At 12:49 PM, the stadium will be overflowing. The biggest gains occur in the final minutes.

The final stages of population levelling on this planet will be the most catastrophic.

What if population also operates as a bubble?

kennyq's picture
kennyq

RedheadKingpin, thank you for your comments.

One of my friend told me a loaf of bread was sold for $36 during the "Great Depression".
While Dr. Martinson talking about his <New Martenson Report on Personal Preparation> , my first thought was instead of
preparing 8 month of food supply as he suggested, why don't we make 16 month supply and sell those 8 month supply later to make
 a "fortune"? However Dr. Martinson discussed endlessly a community service and helping each other during tough time instead of taking advantage of other people.
This is what I mean the importance of "moral value" and "moral standard".

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/4-12-30/25242.html
"Today, in order to legitimize its power, the CCP( Chinese Communist Party) is eager for quick successes and instant benefits. The crippled economic reform that the CCP launched to safeguard its interests has cost the country dearly. The rapid economic growth in the past 20 years is, to a large extent, built on the excessive use or even waste of resources, and has been gained at the cost of environmental destruction. A considerable portion of China’s GDP is achieved by sacrificing the opportunities of future generations. In 2003, China contributed less than four percent to the world economy, but its consumption of steel, cement and other materials amounted to one third of the total global consumption. [3]

From the 1980s to the end of the 1990s, desertification in China increased from a little over 1000 to 2460 square kilometers (386 to 950 square miles). The per capita arable land also decreased from about two mu in 1980 to 1.43 mu(Chinese acre) in 2003 [4]. The widespread upsurge of land enclosure for development has led China to lose 100 million mu of arable land in just a few years time. However, only 43 percent of the confiscated land is actually used. Currently, the total amount of wastewater discharge is 43.95 billion tons, exceeding the environmental capacity by 82 percent. In the seven major river systems, 40.9 percent of the water is not suitable for drinking by humans or livestock. Seventy-five percent of the lakes are polluted so as to produce various degrees of eutrophication. [5] The conflicts between man and nature in China have never been as intense as they are today. Neither China nor the world can withstand such unhealthy growth. Deluded by the superficial splendor of high-rises and mansions, people are unaware of the impending ecological crisis. Once the time comes for nature to exact its toll on human beings, however, it will bring disastrous consequences to the Chinese nation."...........
"In a tree farm in eastern Sichuan province, upper level authorities distributed 500,000 yuan (approximately US$ 60,500) for a reforestation project. The leaders of the tree farm first put 200,000 yuan in their own pockets, and then allocated the remaining 300,000 yuan to tree planting. But as the money was taken away when passing through each level of the government, very little was left in the end for local peasants who did the actual tree planting. The government did not need to worry that the peasants would refuse to work on the project because of inadequate funding. The peasants were so impoverished that they would work for very little money. This is one of the reasons that products made in China are so cheap."

npwebb's picture
npwebb

Kennyq,

Thanks for the info on China.

I'm going to have to spend more time poking around the Epoch Times site.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

kennyq and rht1786,

Your posts illustrate the fallacy of our current measurement of GDP which does not take into account the ecological cost. I've posted a number of writings on this in the "Wealth Gap" post. The environmental deficit that China and the world has built up is staggering. If its true cost could be calculated, global GDP would most likely be negative. We are essentially robbing future generations, our children, for the immediate benefit of a very small percentage of the world population -- see predatory capitalism. We have fooled ourselves into believing human progress can be measured separately from the state of our natural environment. I feel the CCP has adopted this form of predatory capitalism at the expense of its people and country.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments