Some tips for improving the Crash Course

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
uaz5's picture
uaz5
Some tips for improving the Crash Course

Note that the version I have of the Crash Course is a bit old (PAL torrent from ~2008/9), so some of the following things may have been improved already.

- The beginning is a bit too long, people with short attention spans (i.e. most of us, thanks to TV) are turned off within the first few minutes. Try to explain what the CC is about a bit better and why it is so important to watch (I realize this may be hard without fearmongering) in the first 3-5 minutes.

- the photos of CM at the beginning are a bit "unprofessional", even scary-looking. You could use some better photos of seminars and a mugshot in a suit, like a top economist (only if you don't feel it degrades you to their level ;). This is a small issue obviously, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

- The CC is too US-centered. Non-Americans may be turned off by too much "our country". Add an "and the world" after some "our country"'s and "the US"'s. The point to make is to avoid getting non-Americans to ask themselves the question, "why should I watch this when I don't live in the USA?".

- Some of the US-specific chapters (US inflation, national failure to save, etc) could be compared to other economic zones (countries, EU, China & India, world) to give non-US viewers a better understanding of their own situation.

- Expand the last chapters to include more recent events and explain why the banker bailouts will not solve anything; if only just to explain that the banks are hoarding the (taxpayers') cash to cover liabilities and will not ease much credit. Perhaps a section about "quantitative easing".

- Add a chapter about the derivatives market and explain how that bubble dwarfs all others, and maybe expand the 'How much is a trillion?' chapter into covering the concept of a quadrillion -- a 67,900-mile thousand dollar bill stack, or almost 1/3rd the distance to the moon! (Reports estimating the notional value of global derivatives vary from $600tn to over $1 quadrillion.) Explain how JPMorgan began this madness in the mid-1990's (correlate with housing bubble?), how it exemplifies greed and ridiculously corrupt business practices, etc.

- Although I'm not a believer in peak-oil-is-here-we're-all-gonna-die/Malthusian doomsday prophesy, I see no problem with the Peak Oil chapters, as the points made are important, and regardless of how much oil there is left there won't be much left if we consume at the current rate. But regarding "climate change", this is clearly a scam to impose a carbon tax and to distract the public from the real issues. Failing world economy, how money and banks really work, criminal wars of conquest and for resources, propaganda effort against Iran (and Yemen, Pakistan), incessant Israeli crimes (Cast Lead, Goldstone Report, aid flotilla), false flag terrorism and other covert operations, criminally-controlled mainstream media, social and moral decay, laughably corrupt politicians, etc etc... Forget all that, we must save the planet from man-made global warm-- I mean climate change!! Listen to our saviours, Al Gore and David Mayer de Rothschild!

These are just some suggestions/tips for improvement, don't take them as criticism for they are not (except the climate change part). The Crash Course is an incredible piece of work and I have nothing but praise for it. I'm giving out CC DVDs to anyone who knows English and has a clue about economics (alongside The Money Masters, Zeitgeist Addendum, and Money as Debt II).

And I apologize is some of this has already been discussed; I don't have time to go through the myriad of topics. Comments are more than welcome.

aggrivated's picture
aggrivated
Re: Some tips for improving the Crash Course

My comment is brief.  The 45 minute live CC is my favoite.  There is something about 'live' talks that grabs your attention. Part of this is the adrenaline that speaking live brings to the speaker.  The other is the responses of the audience.  I would like to see more of his live presentations (preferably from different talks) woven into the CC.  One final thing that is almost subliminal in this approach is that sense that others really are paying attention to this message not just the immediate viewer of the video.  This group psychology is important for the acceptance of a difficult message.   I hope this is helpful.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments