Some Relevant Humor.

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Some Relevant Humor.

Now, if these folks know THIS LITTLE, then how could they possibly understand the Three E's?

Nevertheless, it's pretty funny.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Re: Some Relevant Humor.

Seems like I'm never in the right place, at the right time . . . [sigh]

docmims's picture
docmims

so how do we spend all that gold when the SHTF?  wait. thats not funny.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
docmims wrote:

That's what small denomination junk silver is for . . . Us old folk's remember them dimes and quarters . . .

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Funny yes ,   looking and acting like that ,the guy might as well be selling soap or encyclopedia's. Seriously ,  No one would give him the time of day .  

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

"so how do we spend all that gold when the SHTF?  wait. thats not funny."

BTW, I don't think the video I posted is humorous, I was just responding to this question.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
gregroberts wrote:

"so how do we spend all that gold when the SHTF?  wait. thats not funny."

BTW, I don't think the video I posted is humorous, I was just responding to this question.

Goodness, Greg, we know you better than that . . . Thanks for posting that video again . . . It's very powerful . . .

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

UHHH , Buy Land,plant wheat , grow chickens, etc.  Is it a trick question ?  7 cups of wheat, 1 cup of milk , t. salt , 1/4 lb. of butter, 1 T yeast =  approximately $.20  right now .   20 cents more if you want to put an egg in it .    Did I pass the test?

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Full Moon wrote:

UHHH , Buy Land,plant wheat , grow chickens, etc.  Is it a trick question ?  7 cups of wheat, 1 cup of milk , t. salt , 1/4 lb. of butter, 1 T yeast =  approximately $.20  right now .   20 cents more if you want to put an egg in it .    Did I pass the test?

Yup, my sentiments exactly, Full Moon . . . It's just that some folks' accounts are so bloated that they can't buy enough of the above without drawing unwanted attention . . . Ya gotta feel sorry for those poor little rich folks . . . .  Such problems they have!  Oy!

JAG's picture
JAG

Great video Morph....thanks

ckessel's picture
ckessel

Greg,

Interesting video. A point that struck me was the amount of effort spent on digging for gold seemed to exceed what it would take to grow your own food by gardening. And the next question is who is selling the food and pocketing the gold. Seems several things don't add up to me.

Certainly the able younger persons could divert water, cultivate crops and raise animals and in that scenario the elders could at least tend the crops or shoo away the birds. Maybe they have lost the indigenous skills for that or are being manipulated by a food supplier/gov't that wants to figure out a way to mine gold cheaply.  In any case I'm sure there are aspects of this problem that I am unaware of but something doesn't seem quite right.

But the plight of the population is a self evident truth. Things are tough for those folks. I hold no illusions that we do not face the same possibility if we do not learn and prepare for what seems headed our way.

Coop

poisonivy113's picture
poisonivy113

Funny in a very sad way. (Kinda like the free Obama money from his stash is funny in a sad way) 

Nobody had any clue what this coin was worth. On the day the offer was made, anybody who took the guys offer would make a net profit somewhere in the range of $1050. If this dude approached me, I might want to have him stop by a coin shop to make sure it was indeed a real 1 oz gold coin (I'd be wondering why he would be willing to sell it for only $50) But I wouldn' t just blow him off. 

Saffron's picture
Saffron

Nobody had any clue what this coin was worth. On the day the offer was made, anybody who took the guys offer would make a net profit somewhere in the range of $1050. If this dude approached me, I might want to have him stop by a coin shop to make sure it was indeed a real 1 oz gold coin (I'd be wondering why he would be willing to sell it for only $50) But I wouldn' t just blow him off.

I just wonder what he would've done if someone *had* taken him up on it.

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

"Interesting video. A point that struck me was the amount of effort spent on digging for gold seemed to exceed what it would take to grow your own food by gardening. And the next question is who is selling the food and pocketing the gold. Seems several things don't add up to me."

It looked to me like it would take more energy to find the gold then you would get from the bread it would buy and they said .1 ounce of gold for a loaf of bread? That would be around $100 usd, pricey bread. I would gladly trade a loaf of breadthat cost me a dollar for $100 usd or .1 ounce of gold if that was the market price.

If you are hungry I don't think you can wait for the potato's to grow so I suppose looking for gold would be something to do in the meantime.

opsec's picture
opsec

Gold isn't for spending when the SHTF. You use it as a hedge and cash it in after the SHTF and the economy stabilizes. Gold's job is simply to retain value.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

Gold isn't for spending when the SHTF. You use it as a hedge and cash it in after the SHTF and the economy stabilizes. Gold's job is simply to retain value.

What if the economy never stabilizes?Cry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments