So who really owns this country?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
miko9's picture
miko9
So who really owns this country?

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and studying the crash course and all the comments on this site. I recommend it to everybody I can. 

I guess I am a bottom line kinda guy. I believe all I have seen here leads me to a couple of conclusions about the perilous and delicate position our country is in.

We import 10,000,000,000 barrels of oil per year from countries that have core ideologies that lead them to hate us. They can pull the lever anytime and shut the tap off on us as a pure action of aggression and we are powerless to really do anything but suffer the consequences. In other words we are dependant on countries with increasily radicalized ruling regimes that hate us and Israel.

and

China/Asia holds billions of dollars of our national debt and they can pull that lever anytime. We are dependant on them not to do that so we must appease them at all costs. I wonder why we buy all their cars and they buy almost none of ours. They have become our banker or more correctly the borrower is a slave to the lender.

This truly is a scary and yet amazing time in which we live. I pray that this country, as a whole, and every person in it, will shake off the apathy and self indulgence and wake the *&^% up to what is going on.  

Keep up the great work Chris and Co.

Miko 

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Re: So who really owns this country?

miko it might be helpful to read up on why those particular countries hate us.

it has nothing to do with "core ideologies" . it has to do with our foriegn policy or more accurately with the foriegn policy of the major oil companies. the people of iran suffered terribly under the shah. his secret police savak carried out a campaign of terror against dissidents. it was one of the most repressive regimes on earth. and guess who was responsible?  us the good guys. we backed the shah with money and military hardware and training. i have many irani friends they are muslims. islam is a faith of peace. the ideology of those who hate us is that they are tired of being oppressed by us. 

the people of this country need to wake up and look at how our leaders have not in any  way spread   liberty and justice for all. the war in iraq and the war in afghanistan have nothing to do with spreading or establishing democracy. it is about feeding corporate profits. the u.s. is the 17 th largest exporter of oil and those exports INCREASED while the price of gas went over $4 a gal here. ok so we drill in anwar where do you think that oil is going to go?

the u.s. ie. the military industrial (congressional ) complex has armed the world. well bottom line those chickens are now coming home to roost. the u.s. has been involved in over 200 named conflicts since the end of world war 2. we have had ;ur way with the world. bottom line ..............it is pay back time.

corporations own this country. there only concern is profit. they know no borders, they have no allegiance to anything other than money. when they have finished with this country they will move on.

i suggest you read perfectly legal and free lunch by david cay johnston. i would also suggest listening to and watching lou dobbs he is as close to the truth as you will find in this country's media. and if you are real adventurous go to link tv a viewer sponsored tv station with news broadcasts from all over the world

dont worry about our creditors pulling the plug................worry about learning chinese........ these are interesting times. (old chinese curse) we are actually living thru and participating the greatest credit default swap in the history of the planet.

ps israel has largely been funded by us and the rothschilds.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments