Small Scale Grain Growing Book Back In Print

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
suziegruber's picture
suziegruber
Small Scale Grain Growing Book Back In Print

I just learned that a much coveted book on small scale grain growing has come back into print after being unavailable for a long time.  You can find it here:

http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/smallscale_grain_raising

Enjoy!

Suzie G.

Walden3's picture
Walden3
Re: Small Scale Grain Growing Book Back In Print

Thanks Suzie - I've just looked it up and searched on line - looks great. Do you know how small scale 'small scale' is? It doesn't say anywhere how many hectares 'small' applies to.

Freddy

suesullivan's picture
suesullivan

Yes, Thanks for this heads-up, Suzie! I googled pancake garden and found this 1978 article with him in MEN.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/1978-01-01/You-Can-Raise-Grains-Right-in-Your-Own-Garden.aspx?page=1

There's a chart a the start that indicates some plot sizes for different grain crops. Some of them are longer than the average yard, but if you could modify the dimensions into more of a block, it ought to be doable to plant a crop or two in a large yard.

Walden3's picture
Walden3

Hi Sue

Just checked out your link and it was just was I was looking for. A straightforward description of grains, what you can do with them and how much grain & land you need. I particularly like the notes on cooking grains in a thermos over 8-12 hours. Sounds very energy efficient to me. I'm going to give a try and see what happens!

Thanks

Freddy

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments