Site Speed?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Site Speed?

Just wondering.....

This site seems to be the slowest download of all the sites I frequent.  In fact, it is easily half as fast as my next slowest site to download each page.  I'm running on Verizon Fios at 100mbps and am using Windows XP from 3 years ago so I don't know what's causing this issue.  Am I the only one dealing with this or is it the site itself.  This has been the norm since I found the site.

Thanks!

Septimus's picture
Septimus
Re: Site Speed?

LogansRun -

I have noticed this too - this site seems slower than it used to be.

admin's picture
admin

A few questions:

• Are the page loads slower on pages where the rich text editor is present?
  • How many comments per page do you have set in your "Comment viewing options" (bottom of comment pages)?
  • Do you notice a difference at given times of the day?

Also just so you're aware, I am working on a few things at the moment related to improving site performance.

Ron

joemanc's picture
joemanc

The speed seems fine to me going from page to page, both at work where internet access is much faster than at home, where it's realitve turtle speed. What I do notice is that when I punch in the www.PeakProsperity.com into my browser and hit enter, it takes a while to load the site, longer than I'm used to. That seems to have started happening in the past 1-2 weeks or so.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Admin,

--It's slow on ALL pages.  It just took 10 seconds to bring up the forums page from the PM setting then another 10 seconds to bring up this thread.  When I post a response it takes at least 3-10 seconds to post the response.  It takes approx. 3-5 seconds to bring up CM.com from another site as well....sometimes longer. 

--Initially, I had the thread size at 30 per page.  But because of the speed issue and the time it took to go from page to page on longer threads I put it to 300.  There was a small decrease in speed but not much.  I'm putting it back to 30 right now and will let you know what happens.

--As for different times of day, not a huge difference.  I'm a night owl so I'm up at 2-3am and the speed is slow then as well. 

I'm on the fastest connection that Fios has at this time (that I know of/was told of).  All other sites are almost instantaneous where as this site reminds me of when I was on dailup (although it doesn't go to the page then download slowly in front of me;-).

Not trying to be a pain in the rear, just wanting feedback.  Hope we can get this situation handled as it would greatly enhance my reading of the info available.

Thank you for looking into this issue!

idoctor's picture
idoctor

This site is the slowest site that I visit? My connection on my side is very broad.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

It's very slow for me too both on the homepage and on the threads.  Sometimes the homepage won't even load completely - I get some sort of incomplete version with a lot of text on the left, and incomplete everywhere else.  Doesn't happen on any other site I visit. 

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Really no difference when I go to 30 reads per page.  A little but not much.  Time of day doesn't seem to matter as it's now 5am and the speed seems to be the same.

If you come up with something, I'd love to have it!

Thanks!

tedsan's picture
tedsan

Still slow for me on the East Coast, with a 20mbps connection. Extremely fast for most other major sites. Almost unusably slow on this one. In fact, if I wasn't so interested in the material here, I would just close the page and go on to something else.

Will's picture
Will

The page load speed has varied considerably over the last few weeks.  Today is the worst I've seen.  It's like being on a dial up modem again.  So bad, that I have finally lost patience to continue reading any more on this site today.  This is one of my primary sources of information, so I really hope Chris and his IT staff can find the source of the problem and fix it soon...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments