Silver Dollars as Holiday Gifts....

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
MrEnergyCzar's picture
MrEnergyCzar
Silver Dollars as Holiday Gifts....

With silver lower now, silver dollars make great holiday gifts.  I was able to walk out of the coin store paying $35 each, lower than last year.  Does anyone else gives these as gifts each Christmas to nieces and nephews (6-15 yrs old)?  Initially it didn't go over well, now that is the only gift I will give, period.  The gift is priceless because it makes the kids think, and the parents, for at least a minute....  What kind of response do other people have with this?  

MrEnergyCzar

ao's picture
ao
silver bells or silver coins
MrEnergyCzar wrote:

With silver lower now, silver dollars make great holiday gifts.  I was able to walk out of the coin store paying $35 each, lower than last year.  Does anyone else gives these as gifts each Christmas to nieces and nephews (6-15 yrs old)?  Initially it didn't go over well, now that is the only gift I will give, period.  The gift is priceless because it makes the kids think, and the parents, for at least a minute....  What kind of response do other people have with this?  

MrEnergyCzar

I've given silver eagles as both graduation and Christmas gifts, along with a brief written explanation giving a little background on the eagle and silver.  The parents of the kids receiving these as graduation gifts seemed to appreciate the significance of the gift.  My own kids who've received precious metals as Christmas gifts have a good understanding of why and know that whatever I do for them is because I love them and am thinking not only of their present but also of their future.

earthwise's picture
earthwise
"tis better to give than to receive
ao wrote:
MrEnergyCzar wrote:

MrEnergyCzar

I've given silver eagles as both graduation and Christmas gifts, along with a brief written explanation giving a little background on the eagle and silver.  The parents of the kids receiving these as graduation gifts seemed to appreciate the significance of the gift.  My own kids who've received precious metals as Christmas gifts have a good understanding of why and know that whatever I do for them is because I love them and am thinking not only of their present but also of their future.

Great idea guys! My birthday is coming up pretty quick, December 20, and I definitely appreciate the significance of silver. Gold too for that matter!

ao's picture
ao
santa's surprise
earthwise wrote:
ao wrote:
MrEnergyCzar wrote:

MrEnergyCzar

Great idea guys! My birthday is coming up pretty quick, December 20, and I definitely appreciate the significance of silver. Gold too for that matter!

Because you're such a nice person, I've written Santa Claus and requested that he combine your birthday and Christmas gifts into one of these: 

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/worlds-most-valuable-coin-unveiled/story-e6frfkp9-1226178661500

We'll see if he delivers.

Oops ... maybe not.

MrEnergyCzar's picture
MrEnergyCzar
gold for special gifts

Big events call for 1/10 gold coins or 1/2 oz gold.  I'd love to give full gold ounces but that's over my level for gifts....

MrEnergyCzar 

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Funny

Thanks for the laughs Earthwise and Ao.  More humor is always good.

Travlin 

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Not a problem!
ao wrote:
earthwise wrote:
ao wrote:
MrEnergyCzar wrote:

MrEnergyCzar

Because you're such a nice person, I've written Santa Claus and requested that he combine your birthday and Christmas gifts into one of these: 

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/worlds-most-valuable-coin-unveiled/story-e6frfkp9-1226178661500

We'll see if he delivers.

Oops ... maybe not.

Santa's got a backup team. All he's gotta do now is find a stocking big enough!

Big Christmas Stockings, Giant, Jumbo, Oversized Stockings

txgirl69's picture
txgirl69
Gift giving

We have bought a few silver eagles to give as Christmas gifts to local relatives and I'm ordering #10 cans of various foods for family members across the country. - If they won't buy it for themselves, I guess I have to!!

jasonmiles's picture
jasonmiles
It is also a great way to

It is also a great way to express your ideas.. Here I am going to give some Christmas gifts ideas for this season. The ideas will be found after watching the site

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments