Signs of awareness

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
plato1965's picture
plato1965
Signs of awareness

I have to say I'm starting to be impressed with the UK press, it's still 90%+ fluff and propaganda, but I've noticed in the last year or so a definite

awakening from the safe concensus trance...

The guardian IEA story, AEP in the telegraph, and today... this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/7273332/Darius-Guppy-our-world-balances-on-a-sea-of-debt.html

I guess you could cal it a condensed "Jekyll Island for dummies".

I have a strong feeling that in 4 years or so, most of the issues we discuss on here will be thoroughly mainstream... peak oil, fiat money, sustainability..

aside:  I remember talking exitedly about something called the internet in 1993 and getting blank stares.. 5 years later and we have "permanent september" as it was termed on usenet... (never ending stream of newbies..)

I think the internet can take much of the credit for this growth in understanding and awareness.. the chance to connect dots.

plato1965's picture
plato1965
Re: Signs of awareness

can't edit original. and don't want to pester a mod.. so here's a proper link...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/7273332/Darius-Guppy-our-world-balances-on-a-sea-of-debt.html

elaborating on:

" the internet can take much of the credit for this growth in understanding and awareness.. the chance to connect dots."

it also connects-people-who-connect-dots, this site being a notable example...

in a way the internet is the new America... the new land of freedom.. maybe it needs a statue of liberty.. ?

sorry.. waxing poetic.. it's the homebrew...

deggleton's picture
deggleton
plato1965 wrote:

in a way the internet is the new America... the new land of freedom.. maybe it needs a statue of liberty.. ?

sorry.. waxing poetic.. it's the homebrew...

The Electronic Frontier Foundation thinks so, too, right?

plato1965's picture
plato1965

I dunno.. but Ron Paul is definitely my president...

.. and I'm a mere UK serf/subject of HM the Queen.  

or a "landless peasant f**k" as Deek Jackson would say... :-)

ps. IETF > EFF ... IMHO.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments