Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Significant Numismatic Find

Confirmation of controversial Egyptian monetary history

An echo from the past . . . .

ao's picture
ao
Re: Significant Numismatic Find

Very interesting post.  Equally interesting was reading the Jerusalem Post.  I used to read Ha'aretz and realize I need to get back to that.  By the way, I really appreciate some of the very interesting and informative posts you've come up with recently.  A couple of weeks ago, you wrote a couple of pieces that were some of the most eloquent writings I've read on here.  I posted to that effect but it didn't go through.  So thanks again for all your contributions. 

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
ao wrote:

Very interesting post.  Equally interesting was reading the Jerusalem Post.  I used to read Ha'aretz and realize I need to get back to that.  By the way, I really appreciate some of the very interesting and informative posts you've come up with recently.  A couple of weeks ago, you wrote a couple of pieces that were some of the most eloquent writings I've read on here.  I posted to that effect but it didn't go through.  So thanks again for all your contributions. 

Hi, AO;

I'm glad to see that someone else realizes the significance of that find . . . .  I'll have to check out the J Post . . . . That certainly would be a different perspective . . . . I remember reading comments about the difference between the American and Israeli reporting of 9/11 . . . .  It seems that reading a number of newspapers, internationally, gives us a perspective on what each nation's MSM wants their populace to know/think . . .

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

That's absolutely an amazing find!  It will be an interesting topic to follow as time goes by.  I wish they had a picture.

Thanks C1!

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Not so fast . . . .

Hmmm . . . . The other shoe dropping? . . . . . There's some skepticism of this "find" in the blogosphere:

A photo that may or may not be of the alleged coins is likely of scarabs, not coins

Sources of the story are suspect

Paleobabble and some discrepancies

There may be a  bit of a bit of "spin" involved in the story . . . . Everyone, it seems, has something to sell . . . whether or not it's paid for in coin.

We'll have to wait to see if there's any truth to this story . . . or whether it's just so much spin, Middle Eastern style . . . . [sigh]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments