To see what the future holds... look to the past - Argentina's economic collapse.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowmat's picture
rowmat
To see what the future holds... look to the past - Argentina's economic collapse.

I'm sure this documentary has been mentioned before at some point but I discovereed a full online version of it.

Documentary on the events that led to the economic collapse of Argentina in 2001 which wiped out the middle class and raised the level of poverty to 57.5%. Central to the collapse was the implementation of neo-liberal policies which enabled the swindle of billions of dollars by foreign banks and corporations. Many of Argentina's assets and resources were shamefully plundered. Its financial system was even used for money laundering by Citibank, Credit Suisse, and JP Morgan. The net result was massive wealth transfers and the impoverishment of society which culminated in many deaths due to oppression and malnutrition.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4353655982817317115

"...Central to the collapse was the implementation of neo-liberal policies which enabled the swindle of billions of dollars by foreign banks and corporations..."

Sound familiar? - Now playing out in a country near you!!

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Re: To see what the future holds... look to the past - ...

Excellent Video~!!!!!  I've sent it to many.  I've been trying to tell people that this is what we may have to look forward to but didn't have the visual proof.  Now I do!  Thanks!!!!

Denny Johnson's picture
Denny Johnson
Re: To see what the future holds... look to the past - ...

Thanks rowmat.

Many parallels to what is happening in the usa, history rhymes.

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Re: To see what the future holds... look to the past!

Okay my apologies.

The video I posted was 'supposed' to be a full version... it wasn't.

Here is the link to all 12 parts of 'Argentina's Economic Collapse' on YouTube.

And here's Part 1 of 12...

Choose the HQ version as it is much better.

I suggest downloading a YouTube video capturing application so you can save the videos to your computer.

I watched the entire documentary last night it it was chilling to say the least.

Much of what led to the economic collapse of Argentina between 1999 and 2001 is playing out right now in the U.S.

The 'capturing' of the politicians, regulators and the courts by the big banking and corporate oligarchs along with the enforced IMF monetary policies resulted in wholesale corruption thus enabling the gutting of the entire country at the expense of the population.

These very actions totally wiped out the middle class in Argentina!

Several of those same Wall Street and other corporate criminals are hard at word weilding their agendas within the U.S. and elsewhere right at this very time.

For those who may be wondering just how bad things could theorectically become this documentary may just give you an indication... and it's not pretty.

I was in Argentina during 2000 and it was a very tense time.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments