Section 8

1 post / 0 new
npwebb's picture
npwebb
Section 8
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

npwebb,

I couldn't pass up this opportunity to ask you and others if you accept "Section 8 - Powers of Congress" and more specifically, the following:

• To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
  • To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

If you accept this then the Federal Reserve must be fired and the control and issuance of our money must be returned to Congress.  The second bullet above sets the table to prosecute the Fed. 

Many of the people, bought the notion that they were better off having a private banking cartel run their economy and issue their currency. Sadly, many still think this even today when you hear people say that government can't be trusted to issue currency. This is the result of indoctrination, people have been taught that government will cause inflation by issuing too much money.

There is evidence to the contrary. For example, prior to the the Federal Reserve act of 1913, the U.S. had virtually no national debt and the people did not pay income tax. The IRS is the collection arm of the Federal Reserve, the banks have the power to collect their interest.  Both income tax and a national debt came as a direct result of the un-constitutional Federal Reserve act and income tax of 1913.

Do you "affirm" the following defined under "Section 8 - Powers of Congress":

• To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
  • To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

My interpretation is that we must leave Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan unless Congress formally declares war.  There is no place for "nation building" by destruction under the constitution and undeclared wars against "muslim terrorists."  The second bullet would require the dismantling of a long term standing army.

I'm on board with following the constitution as that is the difference between democracy under an imperial president and law abiding republic. 

Larry

Larry,

Yes.  I affirm Section 8.

In general, I believe that the degree to which the country adheres to the original intent of the Founding Fathers as expressed in the Charters of this country the United States will be a free and prosperous nation.

Conversely, I believe the degree to which this nation deviates from the original intent this nations liberties and prosperity are damaged.

I am not a Constitutional scholar nor am I an attorney.

I am a simply lay person who rejects the belief or idea that the US Constitution is a living document whereby its meaning changes with the times as circumstances and culture changes.

I have an inherent confidence in the genius of the Founding Fathers and charters that they drafted in the establishment of a republic where individual freedoms are protected.  They had a rational fear and understanding that governments and institutions have a natural propensity to abuse individual liberties. 

This is among the reasons I love this country and grieve that it may one day cease to be.  All nations come to an end. 

My hope is that there will always be a place for people to go where they can enjoy the privileges and responsibilities that come with the freedoms recognized, fought for, and defended by those brave men and women who help bring United States into existence.

Login or Register to post comments