Save Our Economy From Destruction

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
gtazman's picture
gtazman
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 6 2008
Posts: 48
Save Our Economy From Destruction

I found this article at LewRockwell.com.  It is as relevant today as when it was written in 1995.

The author, Murray N.Rothbard (1926-1995) was the dean of the Austrian School of economics, the founder of libertarianism, and an exemplar of the Old Right. The author of thousands of articles and 25 books, he was also Lew Rockwell's great teacher and mentor.

To Save Our Economy From Destruction

To save our economy from destruction and from the eventual holocaust of run away inflation, we the people must take the money-supply function back from the government. Money is far too important to be left in the hands of bankers and of Establishment economists and financiers. To accomplish this goal, money must be returned to the market economy, with all monetary functions performed within the structure of the rights of private property and of the free-market economy.

Link to rest of article: http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard200.html

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

gtazman - thanks for the post, Rothbard's article is a must read. 

The most amazing thing is that the solution to our economic crisis is very simple -  End the Fed - but yet, it is never talked about in the MSM and never seriously debated in congress.

The fact that few Americans understand the Fed is evidence of an ongoing conspiracy to keep the people ignorant.  It will become more and more difficult to keep the scheme going if the public figures it out.  Earlier in the week, the bizarre testimony of Federal Inspector General Elizabeth Colman was a public relations nightmare for the Fed.

Beginning of the end? Fed cannot account for $9 trillion

The Federal Reserve apparently can't account for $9 trillion in off-balance sheet transactions. When Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Orlando) asked Inspector General Elizabeth Coleman of the Federal Reserve some very basic questions about where the trillions of dollars that have come from the Fed's expanded balance sheet, the IG didn't know. Worse, nobody at the Fed seems to have any idea what the losses on its $2 trillion portfolio really are. "I am shocked to find out that nobody at the Federal Reserve is keeping track of anything," Grayson says. Grayson asked Coleman if her agency had done any research into the decision not to save Lehman Brothers, which "sent shockwaves through the entire financial system," Coleman said it had not. "What about the $1 trillion plus expansion of the Federal reserve's balance sheet since last September?" Grayson asked. "We have different connotations," Coleman replied. "We're actually conducting a fairly high-level review of the various lending facilities collectively." Translation: Nobody at the Fed knows where the money went.

In order to continue looting the people, the Fed cannot afford the scrutiny of a well informed public and it cannot allow a public audit.  Hopefully both will happen sooner rather than later.

Larry

Other related articles (both free .pdf copies) from Mises:

mpelchat's picture
mpelchat
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 10 2008
Posts: 214
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

Larry,

This comment and your thread about the world's meeting come together.

The Fed is owned by a group of undiscussed people, companies, groups, etc. Most likely the same people that are deciding if they want a short depression or long depression and if war with Iran is good for them or not.

If "they" own it, "they" are not going to let the puppets in government to get rid of it.

But if HR 1207 gets passed, which it is looking good.  Than we can put the light on.  And remember they have one true weakness.  "They" are arrogant.  "They" most likely do not think this will stop their plans. However light has an interesting effect, darkness can not stop it or stand it.  Test a system, statement, action, person, community, or even a people with the light of truth and that which are lies and deceit will no longer be allowed.

"They" are well protected, so scapegoats, puppets, and fall guys will be prosecuted than jailed filling the peoples need, however will this stop the depression, I do not believe so.  Will it end the Fed, I do not believe so. It will hold off "they" for another generation, or two or three and make another run at our great grand children.  

Strangely, this seems like a test of a people resolve a cyclic event that each few generations faces.  I hope our generation passes this test.  I hope we can move on and teach the people to come, teach them about "they". 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

mpelchat said -

However light has an interesting effect, darkness can not stop it or stand it.  Test a system, statement, action, person, community, or even a people with the light of truth and that which are lies and deceit will no longer be allowed.

That is an amazing statement that cuts to the core of the issue.  Like vampires, both groups flourish in the dark.  And I agree, our generation is being tested - I hope we rally and turn on the lights by coming to a better understanding of the dark forces that usurped our government.

Larry

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 17 2008
Posts: 807
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

larry

end the fed is not only not seriously discussed in msm it gets little attention here as well. except for you and a few others it is pretty much a fringe topic here................really kind of surprising

tom.'s picture
tom.
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 18 2008
Posts: 345
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

 

 

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

not really surprising joe.  the MSM is an establishment.  likewise this site has a subtle establishment.

not to attack, but just to point out how it works so perhaps awareness enables better community:  one way is by saying that anything that doesn't help prepare for the 3E's isn't worth our time. yet some of them have been all over a recent post about the Detroit auto companies.  the Big 3 have been worthless for years, but now it's important for 3E followers to help them figure out how to sell more oil consumption machines?  and this relates to another way the establishment here works by saying we should only focus on things that are actionable that we have the power to fix. I agree it's frustrating to feel powerless to end the Fed.  but Fritz Henderson isn't on this site, so nobody here can do anything about fixing GM either, yet that post got a lot of attention.  

the main reason the Fed isn't covered much is because this site is to a degree a victim of the MSM establishment as well. talking about Detroit fits the left/right establishment, so folks easily drop into their policy camps and debate the issue. talking about the Fed doesn't fit the template...there's no established policy camp to argue for/against...saying "that's just conspiracy" is the way to get off the hook (mimics MSM's way of labeling those topics). but if the establishment leaders (ABC/NBC/CBS, Clinton, Gingrich, Obama, Limbaugh, NYT, etc) decided to make it an issue for their half of the masses that follow them, suddenly it would be accepted to debate, just like if CM wrote a blog about it, most here would be trumpeting the issue. 

 

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 10 2008
Posts: 1499
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
joe2baba wrote:

larry

end the fed is not only not seriously discussed in msm it gets little attention here as well. except for you and a few others it is pretty much a fringe topic here................really kind of surprising

Agreed. Once you learn about the Fed, as did I on this site, all rational people should be jumping up and down screaming to get rid of it. I too am surprised it doesn't get more interest. There's nothing CT about it at all. It's a nasty, ugly reality.

tom.'s picture
tom.
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 18 2008
Posts: 345
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

cannotaffordit's picture
cannotaffordit
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 12 2008
Posts: 273
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

 IMHO the Fed will never be investigated, or audited, or anything like that.  It is too late!  While it is true that light dispels darkness, the light will never be shone on the real darkness.  Those who would pass such a bill as HR 1207, and any Senate counterpart, are totally under the control of the wealthy/elite/banking cartel and have been for quite a long time.  Once I googled the ownership of the Fed, and came up with the same old wealth/power/elite names that have been in charge for such a long time....names like Rockefeller, Harriman, etc.  Let's face it folks, the U.S. is totally under the power/control of the C.F.R., Bilderberg Group, etc. as is a number of other countries.  And they're not about to let we commoners ever get into power.  SO, we might as well be satisfied that they will continue to manipulate the markets, bring about wars that benefit them, create recessions or depressions or whatever else is in their favor.  All the chatting we do about this or that is just meaningless when it comes to ever really doing anything about the direction this country is headed.  The One World system we hear so much about is already here, and it is under the control of the financially elite.  So, no, you won't hear about it from main stream media and you won't see anything of any significance take place in the U.S. government against them either.  Are we all so stupid that we cannot see who got rescued, with more taxpayer debt, from the mess they created?  Well, it certainly was not the working class.  The only power we have left is the power to do everything we possibly can to take care of our own family/community by trying to get into a position where they can't kill us, even when they turn off the electricity, stop the flow of oil, food and water.  The wealthy/power/elite will not be satisfied until they totally dominate every aspect of our lives and we are living in squalor.  Yes, the One World System is not a system of government, in and of itself.  It is a financial system.  And they are well down the road of creating it.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

 

 

You'd think that if the penguins could figure this one out . . . . . . . . Seems they have more sense (and survival skills) than we do . . . . . . .Priceless, Tom, truly priceless!

tom.'s picture
tom.
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 18 2008
Posts: 345
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

Very happy to see you're back

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
Tom Loftus wrote:

Very happy to see you're back

LOL. . . . . . I don't know who that handsome devil up front is , but he sure knows how to dress for the weather better than I do!  Actually, I'm relieved . . . . . . I've secretly feared that you'd paste my head on Eleanor Roosevelt's body . . . . . .

ao's picture
ao
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 4 2009
Posts: 2220
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

The problem is, when you talk to most people about it, they stare at you blankly as if (1) you're making the whole thing up or (2) you're not an economist or banker so how can you possibly know anything about this or (3) if it was really like this, the media would be talking it up and our government would be doing something about it or ...  Most reasonably intelligent individuals recognize that something is dreadfully wrong but only a small percentage really get it.

The majority of people I speak with just don't seem to be able to wrap their minds around the concept.  Like the dying Roman Empire, we have our games (sports, entertainment, etc.), we have bread (we're well fed ... so far) ... what else do we need?  We just don't have a clue or just don't care.  We watch too much TV, we don't read, we're not politically active, we don't utilize critical reasoning, we don't think and act independently, etc.  We've become self-absorbed and self-indulgent and have been dumbed down and anesthetized to the point where we've indeed become the sheeple.  Our government has been hijacked by the political and financial elite and we're devolving into an executive socialistic plutocracy.  To paraphrase Bill Bonner, we're not going to get what we want, we're going to get what we deserve.  We certainly are living in interesting times. 

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

So, for those of us who also want to "End the Fed" because we think they are a bunch of bumbling incompetents, can we celebrate the fact that we agree on the desired end state?

And not get train wrecked over what we think the Fed is?

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

tom.'s picture
tom.
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 18 2008
Posts: 345
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
Larry wrote:

LMAO!! Not bad Larry .. who did it for you?

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Apr 13 2008
Posts: 2244
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

gtazman, thanks for the link to the Rothbard article!  It it a good reminder that "separation of church and state" was just one of the foundational principles our country (the US) was built upon.  Too bad "separation of $ from bankers" got screwed up so badly.  Its pretty incredible to see the disasterous consequences that are unfolding from having strayed from that principle.

ao, I agree.  I can't even talk to friends about a potential crash of our economy without having them look at me like I have 3 heads.  How do you bridge that gap (chasm) in conceptual frameworks?!  Hmm, I guess I can answer my own question:  you do as Chris does, and start from their conceptual framework...

 

DrKrbyLuv said -

mpelchat said -

However light has an interesting effect, darkness can not stop it or stand it.  Test a system, statement, action, person, community, or even a people with the light of truth and that which are lies and deceit will no longer be allowed.

That is an amazing statement that cuts to the core of the issue.  Like vampires, both groups flourish in the dark.  And I agree, our generation is being tested - I hope we rally and turn on the lights by coming to a better understanding of the dark forces that usurped our government.

Larry

 

mpelchat and Larry, I love both comments!  Larry, I know it is is only anecdotal evidence based on my experience, but I get this awful feeling there are a lot of people out there who don't want us to turn the light on.  They like their lives in the matrix, and really don't care to see that they are living in one. 

Good thing Chris says it takes a relatively percentage of informed and motivated people to initiate real change!

 

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 17 2008
Posts: 807
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

the handsome " devil " is meher baba and if you look him up on line your faith will be challenged.

MarkM's picture
MarkM
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 22 2008
Posts: 845
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

So, for those of us who also want to "End the Fed" because we think they are a bunch of bumbling incompetents, can we celebrate the fact that we agree on the desired end state?

And not get train wrecked over what we think the Fed is?

We can celebrate it as far as I am concerned.  For me, my thoughts on what the Fed is are what makes my argument against it, and my passion for the argument, powerful.

Dogs, what are your most persuasive thoughts used in convincing one of your friends that the Fed should be abolished?  I know it is more than, "they are a bunch of bumbling incompetents". 

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

Mark -

PM

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
c1oudfire wrote:
Tom Loftus wrote:

Very happy to see you're back

LOL. . . . . . I don't know who that handsome devil up front is , but he sure knows how to dress for the weather better than I do!  Actually, I'm relieved . . . . . . I've secretly feared that you'd paste my head on Eleanor Roosevelt's body . . . . . .

Thanks for the parka, Tom!  I feel much toastier now!  Now I'll be protesting until the cows, er, penguins come home!

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
Tom Loftus wrote:
Larry wrote:

LMAO!! Not bad Larry .. who did it for you?

Whoa!  You've got some serious competition here, Tom . . . . . Who knew?

tom.'s picture
tom.
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 18 2008
Posts: 345
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
c1oudfire wrote:
Tom Loftus wrote:
Larry wrote:

LMAO!! Not bad Larry .. who did it for you?

Whoa!  You've got some serious competition here, Tom . . . . . Who knew?

Like I said, not bad .. just that the skin tone doesn't match the rest of the picture .. I would love some competition, it's a shame whoever did it is afraid to speak up.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

Tom said:

LMAO!! Not bad Larry .. who did it for you?

It was me who done the dirty work, and rest assured after seeing your post #34, you will soon be featured in more.  What the hell did you do to me - no neck - and the ceremonial headgear is way too big.  I look like a dam turtle in a shell.

But on a positive note, I really like the button you added...thanks!

Larry

PS - I am very pleased to report that the photo you stole of me was taken at the 2008 END the FED national protest by a "freedom group" who then posted it on the internet.

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 2 2009
Posts: 643
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

Well to the original topic...

Will the last person in the US Financial sector please turn out the lights when they leave.

We're screwed, consider the US Economy like the Titanic, after it hit the iceberg. We can rearrange the deck chairs all we like, but we're still going down.

tom.'s picture
tom.
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 18 2008
Posts: 345
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

PS - I am very pleased to report that the photo you stole Borrowed of me was taken at the 2008 END the FED national protest by a "freedom group" who then posted it on the internet.

Well heck Larry, you posted it here. That was a great pic.

Anyways, that was a pretty good one you did of me .. I didn't think it was you because you had asked me to do one of something else. So Ok Larry, have a blast with my pic just make sure you have "end the fed" in there somewhere if you would .. that was my whole idea Larry .. we are definitely on the same page there.

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

yes we can celebrate that we're all in agreement we need to the end the Fed.  but I think seeing them as simply incompetent kills the chances of ever ending the Fed because the implicit assumption is that the system is ok, it's just the wrong people staffing it.  the answer if they're incompetent is to find competent people to fill their shoes...somehow our "best and brightest" presidents keep finding "the best and brightest" economists but they turn out to be stupid.     the system is the problem...it needs to go.  it was designed not to benefit US citizens, but to benefit the interests that created the system.  the people looking out for those interests are very competent.

this mini-book was written in 1976:  http://www.whale.to/b/allen_b.html.  the whole thing is worth a read and covers way more than the Fed, but I've pasted part of chapter 12 in here.  see the bolded comments.  it's amazing how prescient this was.  

--------------------

...congressman Charles A. Lindberg Sr. father of the famous aviator, told Congress: " This act establishes the most gigantic trust on earth ...When the President signs this act the invisible government by the money power, proven to exist by the Money Trust investigation, will be legalized. . . .

This is the Aldrich Bill in disguise.

The new law will create inflation whenever the trusts want inflation. .

The Federal Reserve Act was, and still is, hailed as a victory of "democracy" over the "money trust." Nothing could be further from the truth. The whole central bank concept was engineered by the very group it was supposed to strip of power.

How powerful is our central bank" ?

The Federal Reserve controls our money supply and interest rates, and thereby manipulates the entire economy creating inflation or deflation, recession or boom, and sending the stock market up or down at will. The Federal Reserve is so powerful that Congressman Wright Patman, Chairman of the House Banking Committee, maintains:

"In the United States today we have in effect two governments ... We have the duly constituted Government ... Then we have an independent, uncontrolled and uncoordinated government in the Federal Reserve System, operating the money powers which are reserved to Congress by the Constitution."

Neither Presidents, Congressmen nor Secretaries of the Treasury direct the Federal Reserve. In the matters of money, the Federal Reserve directs them!

How successful has the Federal Reserve System been? It depends on your point of view. Since Woodrow Wilson took his oath of office, the national debt has skyrocketed from $1 billion to over $500 billion. Interest paid to the international bankers holding that debt is staggering; at $27 billion annually, it is now the third largest item in the Federal Budget. And it is climbing steeply, as inflation pushes up the interest rate on government bonds, while the government runs grotesque deficits every year.

Under the brilliant expertise of these Rockefeller-CFR money managers, the dollar has lost three-fourths of its purchasing power since 1940. And the pace is accelerating. Soon your paper dollar, now totally divorced from gold and silver by Rockefellers' agents, will not be worth a plugged nickel. It's all right for the Rockefellers, they don't have to live on a fixed income or a pension.

America is being set up today for another 1929 style debacle. To think that the Crash of 1929 was an accident or the resuIt of stupidity defies all logic. The international bankers who promoted the inflationary policies and pushed the propaganda which pumped up the stock market represented too many generations of accumulated expertise to have blundered into the Great Depression. As Congressman Louis McFadden, Chairman of the House Banking and Currency Committee, commented:

It [the Depression] was not accidental. It was a carefully contrived occurrence ... The international bankers sought to bring about a condition of despair here so that they might emerge as rulers of us all.

It was the game of boom and bust, using economic crisis to consolidate political power at the top where it can be most easily controlled.

The major cause of the economic collapse was the deliberately created credit inflation by the Federal Reserve. In six years it had inflated the money supply by sixty-two %, inducing market speculations and unwise investments by middle Americans who were being set up for a shearing. When the shearing came, the sheep took a realistic look at their economy and panicked. Optimism was replaced by economic despair; despair produced a willingness to accept a major expansion of government controls over the economy.

Now, the Rockefellers are sharpening their shears to give the sheep of the world another trimming. But this time may be the last time. In 1929, America was a long way from total government. The next depression will be used as the excuse for complete socialist-fascist controls at home and the creation of a World Superstate internationally.

 

jerrydon10's picture
jerrydon10
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 2 2009
Posts: 442
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

Strabes, those questioning the ideas that you present don't get it because they don't WANT to get it.

It is a simple matter of the social psychological phenomenon of cognitive dissonance.

When introducing this material I think we need to understand that decent people think that others are just as decent as they are. I would never do that, so how could they? They can't wrap their minds around it. I understand that fact.

 

 

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction
Quote:

And not get train wrecked over what we think the Fed is?

I didn't think so..........

jerry_lee's picture
jerry_lee
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 24 2008
Posts: 126
Re: Save Our Economy From Destruction

Fend the Ed 

Lend the head

Rend the sled

Bend the med

Tend the bed

Send the TED

End the F**

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments