Russia or China, who dumps treasury bonds first?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Russia or China, who dumps treasury bonds first?

After reading a number of articles on the subject, China and Russia are threatening Washington to stop spending and get their house in order. All the foreigners are asking one question to the US wanting them to buy bonds. "are you going to monetize the debt?" China and Russia are asking the same.

If so, why would anyone wish to buy US treasury bonds? Is the dollar going to collapse by the end of the year?

Then I came across this information. Interesting perspective.

http://www.marketforceanalysis.com/Published%20Articles_2009_assets/Have...

mpelchat's picture
mpelchat
Re: Russia or China, who dumps treasury bonds first?

My opinion is as well as the buying pattern seen last Friday, it for foreign countries to buy short term bonds getting rid of long term bonds.  This keeps us ((or the USD)) afloat for a while they ((foreign investers)) slowly use USD to purchase hard commodities.  It does not serve them to let the USD fall fast, they would lose alot of buying power, however when they have bought all they can watch out. 

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1

mpelchat

What are "hard commodities"?  And, how can we follow these "hard commodities".  I know it's a rookie question but I'd rather ask questions and learn then not ask and remain ignorant.  Thanks.

mpelchat's picture
mpelchat

Hard commodities are things you can touch and use like; oil, food, gold, silver, machinary, weapons, etc.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments