Ruppert 5/13/2010

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
jneo's picture
jneo
Ruppert 5/13/2010

Hold on to your seats folks Mike is giving another great presentation on Peak Oil, War, Derivatives and much more.  May I suggest you pick your favorite drink and watch.  Later gang I need a refillSealed

http://a.blip.tv/scripts/flash/showplayer.swf?file=http://blip.tv/rss/fl...

Think I got the date right.

jneo's picture
jneo
Re: Ruppert 5/13/2010

Think Some WORLD CUP will be good after watching this.  

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD

Watching it now. Ruppert rocks!

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

This same video has been discussed at great length (and with plenty of contentious disagreement about Mike Ruppert, whom I caught some flack for characterizing as a pathetic excuse for a human being) in another thread on this forum.

BMT, I respected you greatly until you expressed your enthusiastic support for this idiot.

Erik

[Ed. note:  This post is a violation of our forum guidelines.  Telling another user that you have no respect for them because of their ideas is directly contrary to the idea of being "respectful" of fellow posters, as the forum guidelines require.  Ideally all comments should be helpful and constructive.  That may not be possible, but it is possible to avoid personal denigration of fellow posters.]

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Erik,

I respected you greatly until you started showing such a lack of respect for other peoples opinions.  

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Erik,

The kind person I envisioned you as, is the person that acted as support, both front and centre, back in October of 2008.

If you are the real deal, then I see no reason that Collapsenet is a threat to CM.com, and more astute measure would be advised, than trashing people's opinion of Mike Ruppert in the fashion you've proven capable.

A simple check on The Official Collapse Website for the September 09 film, and the recent arrival of Collapsenet.com, proves something of the acceptance to promoting Crash Course in the former, and an omission in the latter. Is this caused by politics, or coincidence?

Chris appears driven to get the message out. I'm sure that without your early support, there is good chance we wouldn't be writing now because of your vital and timely input, yet, your recent approach goes straight across the grain from what I have read and understand of Chris.

... I have never seen such angry response toward Dr Martenson' posts, and sense that publically you'd gain a rather measured response from him if push came to shove ...

Reset your bounderies Erik, you have something of the status of an ambassador to Dr Martenson. The success of the site demands that of you ...

~ VF ~

jneo's picture
jneo

So erik, you don't believe in a Peak Oil scenario?  

goes211's picture
goes211

Erik,

I have certainly had my share of run ins with a few of the more radical Ruppert supporters in the past but I really don't understand your seeming visceral hatred of all things Ruppert.  Although I generally find his presentation a bit arrogant for my tastes (however I did enjoy Collapse), their is a lot of overlap in his concerns vs. those of CM.com, and I personally think we should try and be a big tent movement that embraces anyone that awakens the sleeping masses. 

Just my opinion.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

Hi All,

For the record, I have plenty of respect for BMT, regardless of whether he supports Ruppert or not.

My intent was to poke fun at myself for having taken flack in the other thread for the way I characterized Ruppert, but it backfired. My sincere apologies to anyone who was offended.

In my opinion, Ruppert is part of the problem, not part of the solution. We don't need to create animosity and to make degrading judgments (zombies, etc) of anyone who doesn't happen to have learned all about the problems yet. Obviously, peak oil is a huge big deal, and level-headed, intelligent education of the people about what's coming and what it will mean to them is critically important. I see Ruppert as the Alex Jones of Peak Oil education. Both of those guys are, in my opinion, doing more to hurt than help their own causes by taking a counterproductive approach.

Erik

jneo's picture
jneo

Duly noted, but A.J. Ruppert and Coast 2 Coast A.M. have more in tune to this site than any other mainstream god dam edward bernays, political  propaganda, crystalizing public opinion, fox, msnbc, bull shit.  Enjoy people.  Time for some C2C

idoctor's picture
idoctor

Erik you just keep forgetting to put LOL (laugh out loud) at the end of your kidding commentsSmile.

Common guys we are all over 21 aren't we LOL. Some of us like Beck some don't. Some like Ruppert & some don't. Hey Erik I am not crazy about him either LOL but I kind of watch them all. Sometimes I find myself finding something good in all of them. Just hope everybody lightens up around here LOL. 

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD

I love you too erik lol

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments