Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
grl's picture
grl
Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty

I hope this is okay to post but it the not, then take it down mods. Cry

I just got a robo call from Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty. Sounds like they are mobilizing for a fight. I think if anyone can gather the forces for freedom and protect the Constitution, it is Ron Paul. So I just wanted to direct everyone's attention to the campaign at http://www.campaignforliberty.com. We can chatter till the cows come home, but it is only those who take action, who still care and who believe American citizens can (maybe just maybe) turn the tide who have a chance of fighting the sinister forces in Washington. Personally, I am becoming so cynical that I almost don't care anymore but I haven't quite given up yet. 

joemanc's picture
joemanc
Re: Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty

About a month ago, I attended one of their meetings here in CT. And I was sure to promote the Crash Course!

One of the comments at the meeting was that there are a lot of groups like C4L out there, but they are all fragmented. We're not supposed to be political here, wink, wink, but for the most part, we're definitely on the same page economically with C4L. And I would imagine, if somehow we ever got a government along the lines of C4L, that they would be more willing to listen to the problems with the other 2 E's than our 2 current political parties.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Thanks for mentioning this Lisa G, and I agree the Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty is a good gathering place.

Lisa G

Personally, I am becoming so cynical that I almost don't care anymore but I haven't quite given up yet.

How can we help but to become cynical...but we will win back our sovereignty and freedom - provided enough people wake up and simply say no.

Larry

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

I agree, I've seen a lot of fragmentation in the local groups here and I confess it's discouraged me to the point of not attending. If the C4L site made it easier to plan meetings, I think that would help a lot.

jhelge's picture
jhelge

I personally plan on going to their conference March 27-29 in St Louis, and bringing many people. It's only 5 hours from Chicago, and I feel like it is one of the last recourses we have on a national scale to have our voices heard. While this website is meant to be apolitical, I do not feel that their convention is political in the commonly understood sense. They advocate for the restoration of THE LAW (ie the Constitution). I do not agree with everything Ron Paul and Co say. What I do agree with is the necessity of restoring the the US Constitution to its full power. While building local communities is great, taming the Leviathan of federal government is equally important. I am deeply concerned that if we do not harken to the words of the founders now, our nation will be lost to tyranny. At that point, ideas of local community, sustainability, permaculture and the American dream will be academic, not practicable. I hope to see you there.

grl's picture
grl

Mike Pilat wrote:

I agree, I've seen a lot of fragmentation in the
local groups here and I confess it's discouraged me to the point of not
attending. If the C4L site made it easier to plan meetings, I think
that would help a lot.

It's disheartening in a way but it seems to be the permanent
conundrum of libertarian minded organizations the world over - how do
you organize in large numbers?....well, it seems that organizing
libertarian-minded folk is kind of like herding cats. I think it is our
nature to avoid politics and whiffs of power....to our detriment.

jhelge wrote:

I personally plan on going to their conference March 27-29 in St Louis, and bringing many people. It's only 5 hours from Chicago, and I feel like it is one of the last recourses we have on a national scale to have our voices heard. While this website is meant to be apolitical, I do not feel that their convention is political in the commonly understood sense. They advocate for the restoration of THE LAW (ie the Constitution). I do not agree with everything Ron Paul and Co say. What I do agree with is the necessity of restoring the the US Constitution to its full power. While building local communities is great, taming the Leviathan of federal government is equally important. I am deeply concerned that if we do not harken to the words of the founders now, our nation will be lost to tyranny. At that point, ideas of local community, sustainability, permaculture and the American dream will be academic, not practicable. I hope to see you there.

jhelge: I very much admire you for that.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

of course we could be conspiratorial and say that the MSM is doing their part to support the 2 party system...or is it the other way around...or is it really the banks...or...or...

Rob Z's picture
Rob Z

I follow some of Ron Paul's comments and ideas on line whenever I can. He is a true American Patriot and very knowledgeable about the Constitution, currencies and what makes the real economy click. It’s unfortunate that most Americans do not understand what is happening in our government today. When they wake up and smell the coffee there may be heck to pay in the halls of congress.

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne

Ron is great. Too bad he's not your president, but at least people are waking up and he gets more attention now. I don't see anyone close to him in Germany and therefore decided to become more active myself. I joined the Libertas party and will help to make it as successful as possible in the election for the European Parliament in June. Never thought I would do that, but it seems the only way to change things. Whatever happens in the future, there will be parties and elections. Unless the right people run for certain positions, the game will repeat forever.

I'm also a member of the Campaign for Liberty site and a local Ron Paul support group in the Munich area, which has about 80 members.

grl's picture
grl
Michael Höhne wrote:

Ron is great. Too bad he's not your president, but at least people are waking up and he gets more attention now. I don't see anyone close to him in Germany and therefore decided to become more active myself. I joined the Libertas party and will help to make it as successful as possible in the election for the European Parliament in June. Never thought I would do that, but it seems the only way to change things. Whatever happens in the future, there will be parties and elections. Unless the right people run for certain positions, the game will repeat forever.

I'm also a member of the Campaign for Liberty site and a local Ron Paul support group in the Munich area, which has about 80 members.

Michael, I am very heartened that even in Europe there is hope. I know I started this post in a moment of optimisim but Ron Paul will never be our president, nor will anyone who holds his values of personal responsibility and honest dialogue... nor does it matter. My gloomy belief is that the old values associated with Western thought are on the decline. How sad it is that we cling to hope. There is a new paradigm rising - it comes from the east and our values are not a part of it. I don't mean to disparage the East but I am not a part of it. Individualism, personal rights, freedom, privacy, all the things that we in the West once held sacred are of the past. Welcome the new world - better to tow the line.

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne

Individualism, personal rights, freedom, privacy, all the things that we in the West once held sacred are of the past. Welcome the new world - better to tow the line.

Lisa, 

I hope you are wrong, but share your concerns. A while back I thought that I was ready to act and started to prepare. But I had to take another round through awareness, anger and fear to be really ready. It's different this time. What's left is anger and action. I lost fear, which is a good thing. And since that happened, I feel an overwhelming power giving me the strength to do things I never thought about.

Everything you said will become true, if we let it happen. And I'm not willing to let it happen without fighting. The American people once fought a tough war against Britain to become independent and they succeeded. This time it's an even stronger enemy: money. I deny to believe that we have lost though.

If you haven't done so, go to http://www.campaignforliberty.com/campaigns/auditthefed.php and sign the petition. Tell everyone to do so and email everyone you know. It takes a few seconds to complete, but will make a difference. Then lets see who's voting for it in congress and who's not. If the Federal Reserve Transparency Act (aka H.R.1207) is rejected, then I finally agree that government is not willing to change its philosophy or that they are forced to vote in favor of the industry. But then it's time to carefully look at your Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

I love this declaration and you should be so proud of it. Just follow your heart and don't give up.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

Michael: Do you come to the States much? You are an absolute inspiration, especially considering that you are not American. Your interest, and the fact that there is a Munich C4L group, demonstrates just how profound a problem our world is in...Anyways, I suppose "the pond" is a bit of a hurdle, but have you considered coming to the Virginia Conference being held April 24-26?

I, for one, would like to meet you. I will be in Europe March 28-April 22, but unfortunately I won't be by Munich (I'll probably remain in Spain the entire time). I have been to Munich before and wish I could stop by!

Thank you for your commitment and encouragement. As I've said before, I wish more Americans cared as much about their own country as you do.

Mike

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne

Do you come to the States much?

Usually one or two times a year, but I decided not to do so now. I planned a two-week trip to Seattle and New Orleans, but because of the turmoil I stayed at home - familiy is more important than business. I'm sure that we'll meet in the future though, when all of it is done. Don't know about the date and location, but I do know from my heart that it will happen.

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

This was posted on Andrew Tobias' web site today. Seems apropo:

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others . . . he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. And crossing each
other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those
ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of
oppression and resistance.” -- Robert F. Kennedy

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Michael Höhne said -

I'm also a member of the Campaign for Liberty site and a local Ron Paul
support group in the Munich area, which has about 80 members. 

Me too, I've been very active in the Ron Paul move and travel to attend events like the Rally for the Republic in Minnesota and the Freedom March on Washington.  

One good thing is that the Ron Paul movement transcends nations, people everywhere want freedom and prosperity and recognize that these things are being threatened by international banking oligarchs. 

Mike Pilat said -

I will be in Europe March 28-April 22, but unfortunately I won't be by Munich (I'll probably remain in Spain the entire time).

You lucky dog!  I love to travel and really like Spain.  Have a good time.

Larry

MarkM's picture
MarkM
Michael Höhne wrote:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

I love this declaration and you should be so proud of it. Just follow your heart and don't give up.

Michael,

I believe the founders implied a responsiblity of the citizens..."it is their right it is their DUTY, to throw off such Government".   We have been negligent for far too long. We have feasted on the fruits of the founders' labors and now there is much work to be done.

Mark

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

Larry: Let me know if there's anything I "must see" in Spain...I've been there a few times before, but any more tips are welcome. Likewise, keep me posted if there's any RP events that I'm not aware of. I want to see him speak sometime and I'm regretful that I missed Rally for the Republic.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat
MarkM wrote:

Michael,

I believe the founders implied a responsiblity of the citizens..."it is their right it is their DUTY, to throw off such Government".   We have been negligent for far too long. We have feasted on the fruits of the founders' labors and now there is much work to be done.

Thomas Jefferson speaks:

Quote:

Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or
will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom?
Material abundance without character is the surest way to destruction.

johnbryson's picture
johnbryson

Hi Mike,

My family is from the Basque region - so in that region I recommend you visit

- Bilbao and the Guggenheim: there's a design hotel (Hotel Domine) located in front of the Guggenheim I stayed at with my wife. There's a great restaurant down the road in the expo called Extanobe - that has great Basque gourmet food.

- San Sebastian (1hr from Bilbao): it has a beautiful bay, beach and boardwalk. Make sure to go out in the evening for pinchos.

- Laguardia, La Rioja (1hr from Bilbao): This picturesque walled town is located ontop of a hill, and behind it are the mountains; on a sunny day it's really beautiful. Every building in town has a cellar - and you can sample some really good wines here. I stayed at a small inn called Miguel de Migueloa, and visited the nearby spa in Elciego - called Hotel Marques de Riscal - also designed by Frank Gerry.

Hope this helps!

John 

1440 minutes's picture
1440 minutes

I campaigned and organized for Ron Paul.  He is a fantastic advocate for liberty.  It was through a Ron Paul web site http://www.dailypaul.com/ that I heard about Chris Martenson.  I encourage anyone who has the time and energy to get involved.  http://www.downsizedc.org/ is a great apolitical organization that fights for these issues, too.

DurangoKid's picture
DurangoKid

Lisa G wrote:
Michael Höhne wrote:

Welcome the new world - better to tow the line.

Actually, it's "toe the line", but who's counting.

Ron Paul talks a good populist style rhetoric.  Put him in charge and see just how fast he changes his tune.  Anyone in a position of power who challenges the FIRE (Finance Insurance Real Estate) sector has signed his death warrant.  This sector of social parasites is so deeply entrenched that nothing short of a complete collapse or an armed insurrection can dislodge it.  Any politician who thinks he/she can defeat it or even curb its interested is a fool.  It's no accident that we don't have democratic control of the currency, not for profit single payer healthcare, and rational land use policies.  If Ron Paul thinks he can change any of that once he's in the driver's seat, he's too naive to be in the driver's seat.

grl's picture
grl
DurangoKid wrote:

Lisa G wrote:
Michael Höhne wrote:

Ron Paul talks a good populist style rhetoric.  Put him in charge and see just how fast he changes his tune.  Anyone in a position of power who challenges the FIRE (Finance Insurance Real Estate) sector has signed his death warrant.  This sector of social parasites is so deeply entrenched that nothing short of a complete collapse or an armed insurrection can dislodge it.  Any politician who thinks he/she can defeat it or even curb its interested is a fool.  It's no accident that we don't have democratic control of the currency, not for profit single payer healthcare, and rational land use policies.  If Ron Paul thinks he can change any of that once he's in the driver's seat, he's too naive to be in the driver's seat.

You are right about that DurangoKid, it is "toe the line." Not intuitive, nor do we often see the idiom correctly rendered, but thanks for that bit of information. It's petty, I know, but I am somewhat of a stickler for the proper use of the English language.

Otherwise, what many would call cynicism, I think is simply truth. I agree with your thoughts but I am not happy that I do. It will take a complete collapse to dislodge the powers in place. And even then, something much worse could rise from the ashes. History teaches us that there will always be elites who will use power for their own gain. But it is human nature to strive for better and I admire those who still have faith and hope.

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
The Federal Reserve Transparency Act is now up to 28 cosponsors

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=13149

The Federal Reserve Transparency Act, Congressman Paul's bill to audit the Fed, is now up to 28 cosponsors! (6 Democrats and 22 Repubs.)

Rep Abercrombie, Neil [D, HI-1]
Rep Alexander, Rodney [R, LA-5]
Rep Bachmann, Michele [R, MN-6]
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [R, MD-6]
Rep Broun, Paul C. [R, GA-10]
Rep Burton, Dan [R, IN-5]
Rep Chaffetz, Jason [R, UT-3]
Rep DeFazio, Peter A. [D, OR-4]
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [R, TN-2]
Rep Foxx, Virginia [R, NC-5]
Rep Garrett, Scott [R, NJ-5]
Rep Grayson, Alan [D, FL-8]
Rep Heller, Dean [R, NV-2]
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [R, NC-3]
Rep Kagen, Steve [D, WI-8]
Rep Kingston, Jack [R, GA-1]
Rep Marchant, Kenny [R, TX-24]
Rep McClintock, Tom [R, CA-4]
Rep Petri, Thomas E. [R, WI-6]
Rep Poe, Ted [R, TX-2]
Rep Posey, Bill [R, FL-15]
Rep Price, Tom [R, GA-6]
Rep Rehberg, Denny [R, MT]
Rep Rohrabacher, Dana [R, CA-46]
Rep Stearns, Cliff [R, FL-6]
Rep Taylor, Gene [D, MS-4]
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [D, CA-6]
Rep Young, Don [R, AK]

If you don't see your rep on this list, contact him/her today and urge them to support the bill!

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

Capitol Hill Switchboard phone number: 202-224-3121

You will tell the operator the name of the representative or senator that you wish to leave a message with. There is no hold time and the call will take 3 minutes or less. There is absolutely no excuse to leave a few messages with your elected officials and let them know what you think. I have the number on speed dial and leave messages all the time when I hear news about particular officials, even if they aren't from my state. It's important that they know we are watching and that we care about the issues. 

Call now! No excuses! Tell them to support HR 1207.

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

this might be a little off the thread but there is so much optimism here i thought i would recommend a movie for the optimists among us.

much has been made here about the matrix and the wachowski bros. 

i just watched " V for Vendetta" it came out in 2006. i have not heard any discussion about the movie but it is a brilliant movie with eerie parallels to our current situation. it is a combination count of monte cristo, beauty and the beast and rambo, terminator and zorro. great commentary on religion for caroline...........you will love it dear

my favorite line is " any revolution without dancing is not worth having"

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

From #24

"much has been made here about the matrix and the wachowski bros. "

"V" was produced by Joel Silver, Grant Hill, and the Wachowski Brothers,  it's in my top ten movie list and you're right, it matches very closely what is happening in the US.

DurangoKid's picture
DurangoKid

Natalie Portman in a buzz cut was just too cute.

1440 minutes's picture
1440 minutes
DurangoKid wrote:

Lisa G wrote:
Michael Höhne wrote:

IMHO, Ron Paul does not plan to be in the driver's seat.  He is in his 70s.  I don't think he will run for POTUS again.  If you look at his congressional speeches from the 70s, Ron Paul has been saying exactly the same things that Chris Martenson says about the Federal Reserve since the days of Nixon and Carter.  Similar to what Chris Martenson has said, Ron Paul has said that the system will continue to put up extreme resistance to change until it is teetering on the brink of failure.  So, IMHO, Ron Paul is all about educating people and planting seeds.  IMHO, he wants to inspire young people to take up where he eventually will leave off, and to position liberty to take the place of the FIRE and MIC when the latter fail.  If not, then the USA could go full force into fascism, socialism, and/or communism, which would exacerbate the exponential curves that Chris Martenson describes.

grl's picture
grl
1440 minutes wrote:
DurangoKid wrote:

Ron Paul has been saying exactly the same things that Chris Martenson says about the Federal Reserve since the days of Nixon and Carter. 

And that is why I have no hope. There are only two forms of government, no matter the name nations give them... always has been and always will be: dictatorship and oligarchy. Out with the elites - and it's in with the new elites; same agenda, different rhetoric.

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

I am considering attending the St. Louis event this weekend, also. It looks like a great agenda. I just have to see how we'll get the boys to their sporting events, if my wife comes along.

I also liked the comparison of organizing libertarians to herding cats! If one reads about the U.S. founding fathers, you will find that they had much the same perspective.

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd
jhelge wrote:

jhelge,

I wasn't able to make it to St. Louis this weekend due to work obligations. Would you be able to give me (us) your impression of the affair, assuming you were able to make it? 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments