Robert Prechter: Dow To Triple Digits

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
JAG's picture
JAG

An interview with Bob Prechter on Frisby's Bulls and Bears podcast.

JAG's picture
JAG
Re: Robert Prechter: Dow To Triple Digits

I somehow goofed the link, try this link.

joemanc's picture
joemanc

I don't know who is scarier with their predictions, Prechter and the deflationary depressionists, or the Austrians and the hyperinflationary depressionists! We are certainly going to find out who is right, and probably soon.

One thing I don't get is that Prechter is bullish on the dollar, but bearish on US T-bonds/municipal debt. That seems counterintuitive to me, no?

JAG's picture
JAG
joemanc wrote:

One thing I don't get is that Prechter is bullish on the dollar, but bearish on US T-bonds/municipal debt. That seems counterintuitive to me, no?

Hey Joe,

Although it wasn't clear in this interview, I believe Prechter does recommend short-term treasuries as a cash-equivalent.

To me, hyperinflation is the scarier of the two outcomes, but since the herd is currently worried about hyperinflation I think it might be prudent to concentrate my anxieties on deflation for the time being.

BTW, If want to see a great hyperinflation/deflation debate check out: How To Invest $100 Million in 2010 Debate: Faber, Taleb, Hendry, & Others

drbubb's picture
drbubb

I think Prechter's views deserve more respect than they have had in many places.

He stuck his neck out, and articulated a Deflationary thesis early, and stuck to his guns when he was under loads
of pressure. It must of be uncomfortable for him.

He made a great call in late-Feb. 2009, covering his shorts.  Had a false start in August, shorting again.  But then warned about an important top once again. as the market was peaking a few weeks ago.

Dominic put my idea to him, "Elliott Waves are more a Art than a Science."  And RP's response was that E-waves are a description of how the market behaves.  In fact, he and other E-wave practitioners have made some great calls over the years.  But no one can expect perfect accuracy in such a tough challenge as predicting future price movements.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments