Robert Newman's History of Oil

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
barrt's picture
barrt
Robert Newman's History of Oil

This is a great watch, very entertaining history of oil, the oil wars, peak oil and where we are all going. If you have similar problems getting people to understand this stuff as i do (i cant even get friends to watch the crash course) this could be a good primer for them (its about half an hour long but very good indeed)

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V
Re: Robert Newman's History of Oil

It is actually 5 mins 35 seconds long. I watched it and personally wouldn't rave about it.

The best way I encourage my friends and relatives to watch the crash course, is to let them hear the passion and enthusiasm in my voice. I give them a brief precise - telling them it shockingly summarises the economy and energy and the environment. And I tell them some of my thoughts and plans.

I have had a really good response with almost all of them having watched it or saying they are interested and would like to.

I often try to get impact by telling them that the US is insolvent. But that ususally comes as no shock !!!

barrt's picture
barrt

Sorry AmandaPops i forgot to mention there are 9 parts to it, you should see the links to the other parts on the left hand side.

Most people I know are simply not intersted in this stuff at all, ignorance is indeed bliss Frown

Ron Shimshock's picture
Ron Shimshock

Hey AmandaPops, yes barrt is right.  When it is playing in an embedded YouTube player like it is above, you just want to look for the little pop-up video icons that show up after the video has completed.  Hover over them and then you will see "part 2 of 9", "part 3 of 9", etc.

I watched all 9 and I found the videos to be rather interesting and entertaining.  I also tend to like a lot of subtle British humor, but that's just me.  Smile

Ron Shimshock's picture
Ron Shimshock

If you like, here is the whole thing on Google Video without stops.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4779697496133297566

barrt's picture
barrt

Good work there Ron! Smile

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments