Rick Wagoner will be driving a Chevy Volt through DC tomorrow

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
tom.'s picture
tom.
Rick Wagoner will be driving a Chevy Volt through DC tomorrow

LINK

GMs CEO Rick Wagoner will be driving one of the Chevy Volt mules in Cruze bodies through Washington DC tomorrow on his way to give testimony to the Senate Finance committee in support of government loans. He won’t actually be driving it all the way from Detroit. He will first drive to Detroit in a hybrid Chevrolet Malibu, then he will drive a route from his hotel to GM’s Washington office,and then to Capitol Hill in the Chevy Volt running prototype, or mule. Then he will be pulling up and stopping to talk to the public. This will occur at 9:30 AM at the corner of Delaware Ave. and C street just outside the Russell Senate Building.

tom.'s picture
tom.
Re: Rick Wagoner will be driving a Chevy Volt through DC ...

I was reading the comments .. this one stands out:

#17 xed Says:
December 3rd, 2008 at 1:16 pm
I wish GM would just stand up in from of congress, lay it on the table and call it like it is My mental picture of it is something like…
“Look, GM has tons of problems when it comes to our business design and most of those problems have been inherited and then passed along year after year and decade after decade. We’re a fat old company in a slim and trim new world. We’ve limped along for a long while now and either everything changes or it’s all over, there is no middle ground. That’s the reason why some people think we should just go extinct; because we deserve it. All that may very well be true but we’re also the only company in the world that is positioned to bring a mass produced automobile to market that can help America and the world dramatically reduce it’s dependence on oil and that one simple fact is what makes all the difference. This one car will literally change America and the world.”
or something to that effect.

krogoth's picture
krogoth

I hope it breaks down on the way

tom.'s picture
tom.

I hope so too.

tom.'s picture
tom.

This was all I could find today

UPDATE on Waggoner

kahibe's picture
kahibe

I think I've heard it quoted that we (the US taxpayer) could buy GM for 3 B.  So we buy GM and make the US equivalent of the Volkswagon...or "people's car".   I'd say a fully rechargable hybrid utilitarian vehicle that is partially subsidized. 

The Volt is an overblown luxury item that won't be affordable in the future? 

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- poet and philosopher George Santayana

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments