Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) rips up Rahm Emanuel

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) rips up Rahm Emanuel

"It makes me weep when I realize our nation is being destroyed from within...you cannot govern this country without the consent of the governed...if we pass this bill using reconciliation it will tear this country to pieces"  - Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.)

Rahm

"Rahm Emanuel is son of the devil's spawn - Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.)

Link to the audio 

Davos's picture
Davos
Re: Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) rips up Rahm Emanuel

Save for Ron Paul and a half a dozen others like him - stuff like this just makes me ill. I have ZERO optimism. Greece - please have a fire sale on your islands and gold please go UP.

that1guy's picture
that1guy

is he refering to health care?

MarkM's picture
MarkM

Yes

idoctor's picture
idoctor
Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

I'd gladly exchange FED Fiat for an island in the Mediterranean...any day, any time

Doug's picture
Doug

Until yesterday Massa was my Congressman.  He was in his first term after retiring from the Navy.  His announcements that he wouldn't run again and then that he was resigning all blew up in the past week or so and this article fairly sums up his situation as I understand it:

http://prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/08/massa-says-health-care-stand-contributed-to-his-resignation/

Quote:

In recent days, he has given several explanations for his decision not to seek re-election and then to resign more immediately. First, he cited a recurrence of cancer. Mr. Massa, a former Navy officer, received a diagnosis of terminal lymphoma in 2001 but recovered.

Then Mr. Massa acknowledged the harassment allegation against him, admitting that he was guilty of using “salty” language in the privacy of his home and his office. He denied any further wrongdoing.

But in a local radio show on Sunday, Mr. Massa suggested that a more sinister conspiracy was under way to push him out because he had voted against the House health care legislation. “They will stop at nothing to pass this health care bill,” he said of Democratic leaders. “Now they have gotten rid of me, and it will pass.”

He was strongly pro-public option in his health care stance, but that all appears to be moot at this point.  I'm sure there will be more coming out, as these things take on lives of their own and the media feeding frenzy develops.  He supposedly is going to appear on Glenn Beck.  That should be good for comic relief, but not much else.

Doug

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

C'mon, guys, cut it out. Every time someone mentions the island thing I get a visual of Davos wearing a toga and acting as Mayor of the Isle of Martenson...

ET Tongue out

Davos's picture
Davos
ErikTownsend wrote:

C'mon, guys, cut it out. Every time someone mentions the island thing I get a visual of Davos wearing a toga and acting as Mayor of the Isle of Martenson...

ET Tongue out

For the record: I'm fine with the toga as long there is plenty to drink. Mayor? NO. No government, no signs, just guiding principles.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
ErikTownsend wrote:

ET Tongue out

Isle of Martenson from the CIA Factbook. 

Exports: 0

Imports: 0

Hee hee. 

V's picture
V

Every time someone mentions the island thing iI have visions of rising sea levels. LOL

V

Davos's picture
Davos
V wrote:

Every time someone mentions the island thing iI have visions of rising sea levels. LOL

V

Rising water is preferable to rising sewage. Also, I read the caps are freezing again, I'll have to see what Al Gore says.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

Moving to a tropical island should make a loud statement that water and warming don't scare me!

rhare's picture
rhare

Isle of Martenson from the CIA Factbook. 

Exports: 0

Imports: 0

Hee hee.

I think we can do better:

Exports: 1 (Fiat currency for use as world reserve currency, use not allowed inside Isle of Martenson)

Imports: Any (after all we supply a very valuable export)

Money mouth

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments