Renaissance Weekend Reactions

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Seeker45's picture
Seeker45
Renaissance Weekend Reactions

It would be interesting to hear peoples reactions to the Renaissance Weekend reports. My own reaction is surprise that these "leaders" mindset is so close to the mainstream. I wonder what those who are in actual power would have to say?

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Renaissance Weekend Reactions

Hazzah!

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Seeker45 wrote:

It would be interesting to hear peoples reactions to the Renaissance Weekend reports. My own reaction is surprise that these "leaders" mindset is so close to the mainstream. I wonder what those who are in actual power would have to say?

Seeker

In my observations "those who are in actual power" are usually very mainstream in their thoughts.  Unconventional thinkers rarely obtain positions of power.  The few exceptions tend to be people who started their own businesses.  Most people are social animals and feel safer in the herd.  They elect politicians who reflect and don't threaten their views.

hucklejohn's picture
hucklejohn

I concur with the previous posts. 

In Dispatch #1 Chris said, "There are a lot of people here whose primary point of view is that government is the solution to nearly every problem, and any failures we might experience with government are due to a lack of faith and support for what government does, rather than any inability of the government to understand and react appropriately." 

Government as the solution?  And if I believe government is not the solution to our problems then I'm the problem? If this is the general view of those attending the Renaissance Weekend, then Chris is wasting his time at this event in my view.   It seems to me that the actions (or failure to act) of the federal government and the Federal Reserve are the cause of our problems.  Furthermore, from here on out we can only depend upon the government and the Federal Reserve to suck up resources and power merely to maintain themselves as institutions as well as the existing financial order.  Things are beyond the point of no return.  Chris would be best advised to bring his considerable intellect and emotional resources toward assisting those who would be most likely to be receptive to his message of self-preparation, self-reliance and self-sacrifice.  Ironically the first politician who stands up and tells the unvarnished truth about the terrible straits we are in will likely find a strong following.  So far no one has done that except possibly Ron Paul or Governor Christie.    

plato1965's picture
plato1965

Happy new year everybody !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjc6bH9OTm4

We're living in "interesting times"(tm) .. ahh bless the chinese !!

Seeker45's picture
Seeker45

In addition to reporting on what he hears at the Renaissance Weekend, it would be interesting to me if Chris were to give us his opinion on how what he hears is important to the subscribers who are concerned about energy, environment and economics. For example, if he sees a lot of denial among those who ought to be more open to different possibilities, does that tell us how deep denial can run for humans in the face of major change? Is this possibly what gripped the captain and crew of the oil rig in the BP spill? Are there ways to open dialogue with those who hold power and, at the same time, are reluctant to see certain things?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments