Recommendation for a good cash-back credit card?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
NHAero's picture
NHAero
Recommendation for a good cash-back credit card?

Hi All

I just got hit again with credit card fraud on my BOA Mastercard. Does anyone have recommendations on a good cash back credit card?

Thanks!

scotthw's picture
scotthw
Re: Recommendation for a good cash-back credit card?
NHAero wrote:

Hi All

I just got hit again with credit card fraud on my BOA Mastercard. Does anyone have recommendations on a good cash back credit card?

Thanks!

I cant make a specific card recommendation, but I would suggest looking for a card that has a virtual credit card generation feature.   I have one such card with Citigroup (can't recommend anyone going with Citi for obvious reasons) and I love it.   After several fraud incidents I started using a virtual card for all interrnet purchases and no more incidents. I even use it occassionally for physical purchases - just print the number off and hand it to them.  They obviously can't scan it, they will have to key it manually so they might balk. You might get raised eyebrows, but just explain it to them, vendors usually think thats pretty neat. 

It works like this:  They give you a utility that generates them and manages them.   You can apply specific maximums and expiration dates to any number.  This is handy for another use - you know all those sites that let you test their services free for some period of time, but they want your credit card number first ?  Give them a virtual number, get the service going then delete the number so when the intro period is up, there is no way they can charge you - ie no disputes.  Of course if you want to continue the service just generate another one and go for it.

Scott

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments