With Reckless Disregard for The Workers of America

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Headless's picture
Headless
With Reckless Disregard for The Workers of America

Deeper and deeper...

This is not America (right click, new tab)

Hedge funds gain access to $200bn Fed aid (left click)

Say "Goodnight America."

As Peter Schiff has said (a paraphrase): They have gone into hyper-sack mode...

Headless's picture
Headless
Re: With Reckless Disregard for the Geneva Conventions

Clint and Cheney: a Tale of Two Dicks

Waterboarding, stress positions, hooding, and prolonged sleep deprivation are not torture because, well, because the vice president says they are not (and was able to strong-arm the Justice Department into agreeing). "I don't believe it was torture," Cheney said. "I thought the techniques were reasonable."

Reasonable? Remember, these are techniques originally used to train American soldiers how to resist abusive interrogations by enemies who refuse to follow the Geneva Conventions.

~Arianna Huffington                                             

Headless's picture
Headless
Re: With Reckless Disregard for The Reality of Now

There is a group of less-than-human people who take the silver spoon's inability to empathize with the working class to criminal levels; they are the one's that would propose such a scheme as that linked to below (while millions lose homes and jobs):

All eyes on Hollywood futures (The plan)

After Enron Hollywood bets on its own script for future profits (An objection)

Will Hollywood Futures Contracts Kill Hollywood? (An earlier objection)

"Does the US really need a new way to destabilise its economy with more dodgy derivatives? I think I have seen this movie before. It was called Enron."

~ Max Keiser

What government agency is going to be culpable for allowing this to happen? We should find specific names and make these people infamous...

Headless's picture
Headless
Re: With Reckless Disregard for Each Other

With Leaders Like Ours, We Don't Need No Steenkeen' Enemies...

"'What the experiment shows is that the person whose authority I consider to be legitimate, that he has a right to tell me what to do and therefore I have obligation to follow his orders, that person could make me, make most people, act contrary to their conscience,' Blass said."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/12/19/milgram.experiment.obedience/index.html

I chance referring to a situation that I know little to nothing about, but that, on the surface, looks like Waco Light; perhaps only because of Waco, or perhaps because there were only "pacifists about." That situation is the "Food Raid" (Youtube video of family involved in the Ohio food raid ). The willingness of the gun-slingers who carried out the operation to draw guns, and if we can believe the report as is, use aggressive tactics in such a situation, can be taken as a warning  and an inducement to Choose Our Leaders Carefully, for when the time comes, 70% of us--yes, you and me--might kill that someone that is removed from us by only Six Degrees of Separation--at most, and whom we thought of as a relative or friend some time before if that leader tells us to do so. Sound crazy? History and current studies say otherwise.

Some interesting links:

http://www.lucifereffect.com/

http://www.stanleymilgram.com/ 

Have we chosen carefully? Imagine Blagojevitch as King...

Headless's picture
Headless
Re: With Reckless Disregard for Mathematical Certainty

Karl Denninger: near 50% contraction in GDP inevitable...

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/695-Were-All-Madoff.html

"Money is in fact production; you gain it only three ways - by growing something, mining something or making something.  That is, by producing a thing (whether it be a car, apples, a barrel of oil or software) that did not exist before.  In the most-basic of terms, all money ultimately comes from the energy imparted upon the earth by the Sun.

Yet money backs all credit at some ratio, and the higher the ratio, the more that credit is subject to destruction if those people with money (that is, production) decide to take their ball and go home.

This, at its root, is why all schemes like this must and will fail.  It is a mathematical certainty that confidence will eventually be lost as the math and truth of what is going on will eventually become evident to a sufficient number of producers and they will "take their ball home"; once that happens the credit they are underwriting is no longer backed by production.  This leads to a rapidly-increasing leverage ratio which in turn leads even more people to "take their ball home" and the scheme thus must and does collapse...

The human suffering that is and will occur will be tremendous no matter what we do.  The one place we can and should spend is on essential human needs; that is, food, shelter and clothing.  We can provide barracks-style shelter, cafeteria-style food, basic medical care and donation-based clothing for millions of Americans for a song compared to these "bailouts" and we both can and must.  Every state should have these centers established in major cities and at least one at or near its geographic center (or the closest reasonable place to it) in which all United States Citizens (but no illegal aliens) can come, reside, eat and obtain basic clothing and medical care at no cost to them.  This can be done at a cost of single-digit dollars per day per person, and we must.  This is a social imperative and we simply have to be prepared to provide it."

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments