Re: Alert! - Nuclear (and Economic) Meltdown

67 posts / 0 new
Last post
Poet's picture
Poet
Re: Alert! - Nuclear (and Economic) Meltdown

Hi.

Please, for ONLY non-enrolled members!

Again, I repeat. PLEASE, only NON-enrolled folks need reply. (The rest of you enrolled members can sit back and eat popcorn if you want, and smile to yourself if you think we're totally off-track..)

For non-enrolled members, how about we use this topic areas as a forum to discuss and speculate on what Dr. Martenson is writing about in his most recent missive for enrolled members only: "Alert! - Nuclear (and Economic) Meltdown In Progress". Perhaps we can come to our own conclusions about what we need to do, independent of having read the information he has for enrolled members.

What do you think Dr. Martenson is talking about when he says:

cmartenson wrote:

This alert warns you that major world-changing events are now underway and that your personal preparations for an uncertain future should either be completed or take on a new sense of urgency. On the basis of the information contained here and in the past two days of posts, I am personally ratcheting up my preparations, making purchases, and topping off what needs to be topped off.

So whaddaya think? Is TS about to HTF?

How much time do  you think we got before we all gotta wear duct-taped garbage bag hoodie ponchos with N95 masks before venturing outside? Do we have to bring all the goats into the barn, herd the chickens into the kitchen and start spreading newspaper to collect manure for spring planting?

What preparations are you making or still need to make? What's still on your list that's not done yet? Do riots in Bahrain, empty supermarket shelves Tokyo, and potassium iodide shortages on the West Coast give you a taste of what to prep for?

Gimme your thoughts, folks. Let's have some fun (and sober discussion) with this. :-)

Poet

Poet's picture
Poet
Thanks

Thanks to whomever did the edit for me.

Poet

pete37's picture
pete37
OK, I'll be the first then shall I....

I'm NON-enrolled and have just seen the crash course today, for the first time.  You might be choking on your popcorn right now in disbelief of my coming late to the party...so to speak.

Well, I have shared some rather similar views with increasing awareness over the past 12 months.  I began taking personal actions in June 2010 and continue to this day.  Action.... what exactly do I mean by that?  

Firstly, I have consolidated  all outstanding debts and released my capital, which in turn I have been progressively turning into tangible commodities of "real " enduring worth.  I have also attained physical currencies of real value, to hedge against a dollar crash.

Secondly, I have been trying to mentally prepare my immediate family for the high probability of significant events either this year or next.

Thirdly, I have given serious consideration to stockpiling at least a month's supply of non-perishable foodstuffs in the coming week, for contingency.  

Now, some surely think this is over the top, whilst others would be shocking on popcorn laughing at my lack of preparation.

So, what do I think this Alert is about?

I think it is about realizing current events are the catalyst.  We are in the final minute before the stadium floods.  Our decisions today (this very moment) are now critical to our impeding fate.  March 2011 may be marked in history, just like events in 1913, 1971 etc... People should be prepared and if not, should make it their highest priority, as next week, next month, might be too late.

The real question as a new comer here is, do I truly believe all this is unfolding right now?  mmm......... I think I do.  I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.  I'm not totally convinced that the general landscape today will be significantly altered in the coming month.  I do however believe that it is highly probable, that by mid-fall, we will be in a global economic melt-down, worse than any in living memory and beyond.

So there it is.  My first post & my first day in this community.  I have been keeping in touch with other communities of like mind however.

Cheers

Pete

fandango's picture
fandango
The jet stream (in the event of a meltdown) Daily Mail Reporter

graphic

fandango's picture
fandango
Damage vs partial meltdown vs meltdown=UNKNOWN

Adrian Heymer, Nuclear Energy Institute's Executive Director of Strategic Programs

“Indications lead us to believe that the fuel in Units 1, 2 and 3 at the Fukushima Daiichi plant has been damaged.  We do not know the exact extent of that damage at this point.”  – March 15, 2011 2:18 PM

http://live.washingtonpost.com/nuclear-crisis-in-japan.html

NOTE: Nuclear Energy Institute is a lobbying group to which nuclear plants have been referring reporters...

When the leader of a country asks the company fighting to prevent a nuclear catastrophe “what the hell is going on?”, you know he has departed from the script. Naoto Kan on Tuesday lost his temper with Tokyo Electric Power Company, the operator of the explosion-prone Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7d73a59a-4f2a-11e0-9038-00144feab49a.html?ftcamp=rss#axzz1Gj0ggfAW

My take---be careful where you get your "news" (could be a spin/lobby group), it's too early to know what's going on, and if it's a meltdown, the jet stream will be/could be a factor for North America in about 4 to 7 days.   Could this (partially) explain CM's alert??

From my last post, Jet Steam diagram (in the event of a meltdown):  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1366341/Japan-tsumani-earthquake-America-nuclear-accident-radiation-alert.html

*Say your prayers (or what ever you do) for the Japanese and for a clear/clean jet stream*

fandango's picture
fandango
welcome

Welcome pete37---

You picked an interesting day to join the CM community---good first post.   

You will find some very smart people in this group. I suggest you check out Dogs  "Consolidated List of Links..." @  http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/consolidated-list-links-existing-preparation-threads/27912

Poet's picture
Poet
My Thoughts

Welcome, Pete37

I agree. I think Dr. Martenson sees the financial problems in Europe and in the U.S. - as well as recent events in the Middle East and Japan - as a wake-up call.

Things can happen at ANY time. But it seems almost as if events are occurring faster and faster. The time to prepare is now. Not tomorrow, not a month from now. NOW!

The markets have been rising on the hot air of central bank money printing - but there's no real growth and no real recovery and millions are still out of work and struggling to stay in their homes. Can we really justify a Dow near 2006 highs when there are so many negative factors at play and coming into play? The markets have been looking for an excuse to turn south. They,got it with the Middle East troubles, and with Japan's triple whammy (quakes, tsunami, nuclear accidents).

I honestly wish I had more time. It is so much more difficult for those of us who just started out, or are of limited means and must budget carefully. I just wish I had more time to save and prepare.

For example, I just bought my first 4 silver coins yesterday. (Don't laugh.) I just signd up for a community garden plot after waiting for 4 years for a spot. I have a month's worth of food for my family. We have flashlights, batteries, candles, some water purification tablets and access to a good amount of stream water to use it on. We also have a couple of first aid kits, baby medicines and thermometer, gripe water, etc., a few months' supply of prescription medicine. Luckilly I live in an area where there's no need for heating or cooling expense.

Sure, I might go out and put a whole bunch of things on the credit card, but I can't just go out and put myself in debt to buy all the things I would love to buy. For one, we don't have the space in a one-bedroom apartment in suburbia. For another, that would be a lot of debt to be under. While things are tight, I pride myself on being out of debt.

But yes, the recent events in Japan made me realize that the shit could hit the fan at any moment. If it had happened here, I would not have been prepared. I need to be A LOT MORE PREPARED.

Poet

Jacspad's picture
Jacspad
Reason.

Is it not wise to prepare for a worst-case scenario then not?
We humans are the only creatures on this planet that can use our reasoning capabilities to distinguish between good or bad consequences. Therefore it seems logical and reasonable to prepare for a worst-case scenario in order to have a better chance of surviving an unintended crisis with your basic necessities in order.
The Japanese should have built a concrete wall around their nuclea plant to protect it from a tsunami, shame they didn't think of the worst-case scenario, or was it too expensive? Who knows why people are so short sighted. I think it's important to be responsible for yourself and loved one's. These actions don't hurt anyone and I am always surprised at peoples negativity towards people that like to be prepared for a worst-case scenario.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
If you're not concerned, you're not paying attention

What a great thread......  and surprise surprise, DTM isn't enrolled!  Why?  I have no "investments" as such and have no intentions of changing that, plus most of what is discussed in the enrolled forums (I assume) is Amero-centric, and as you should know, I'm Australian.

I really don't think you guys in the US should worry about any nasty airborne radioactive fallout from Japan.  Relax.....  this is NOT Chernobyl.  If you're in Japan though....  all bets are off.

Having said that, I agree that the events of the last month or so, Japan, Christchurch in NZ, and let's not forget the widespread floods in Australia and the Cat 5 Cyclone that hit our northern shores will be catalyst for the beginning of the collapse.  The main reason I believe this, is because the level of debt both here and in Japan is so high, I can't see how any rebuilding on any large scale can be afforded.  Where will the money come from?  And if they just print it, hyperinflation will kick in.

As aware as I am, it still came as a rude shock to join the dots and realise that Australia will totally run out of oil in 2020...  at the same time that Export Land Models show not one exporting nation will be selling anybody any oil.... by 2020!   So Australia will be totally screwed within just NINE YEARS, and in fact, I put it to you that everything will go pear shaped here well before we reach even 50% of current consumption.

Fortunately for my family, I saw this coming a very long time ago (in the 90's), even if I didn't fully understand why or how, and boy did the CC clear lots of things up for me.  So we took measures to reshape our lives completely some eight years ago.  You can see where we are at by visiting my blog.

How much time have we got?  It's never enough......  I've been saying for some time that 2012 was the point of no return, but I hadn't factored in this many natural disasters crippling and destroying so much of the complexity we all take for granted this soon.  I'm nearing 3000 posts on Chris' marvelous blog......  will the big one appear on this thread?  I hope so!

Mike

Poet's picture
Poet
Oz Factor
Damnthematrix wrote:

Having said that, I agree that the events of the last month or so, Japan, Christchurch in NZ, and let's not forget the widespread floods in Australia and the Cat 5 Cyclone that hit our northern shores will be catalyst for the beginning of the collapse.  The main reason I believe this, is because the level of debt both here and in Japan is so high, I can't see how any rebuilding on any large scale can be afforded.  Where will the money come from?  And if they just print it, hyperinflation will kick in.

Wow, it totally escaped my mind while I was writing that the Australian flooding and Cat 5 Hurricane are also recent events, along with the floods in the American Midwest last year, the drought's effect on wheat harvests in Russia and China, and the earthquake in New Zealand.

You're right. It's one thing to be "inconvenienced" (as Dave Ramsey would say) when you have to spend down some of your emergency fund for an urgent need. It's another thing to be heavily in debt, with all disposable income used to barely pay interest on that debt, and then be socked in the face by all these events. Japan is going to hurt, and hurt big, financially. But other countries will have similar problems.

I think most countries, state and local governments, companies and people are barely making it, they've already been hit by recession and unemployment and debt. It doesn't take much more to hurt them more.

Just imagine what would happen to Greece if they got hit by some natural disaster, when already their 2-year bonds were said to be hitting 17% a few days ago, and their credit rating is lower than Egypt's.

Poet

Tycer's picture
Tycer
Getting the radioactive

Getting the radioactive material into the jetstream would be accomplished how? Ignore that dailymail map. 

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
Hey, Mike

Yeah, I'd love to be an enrolled member, Mike, but it ain't gonna happen. Every dime I have is going to physical preps for short term and sustainable lifestyle items for long-term. I think that every one of us here on this site believes that whatever we can accomplish between now and disaster is better than no preparation at all. You're better situated than most  and I envy that, but you have been working at it longer.

To get back to what Poet said when he started this thread, do I think the Sh*t is about to HTF? Absolutely, but the Zombie Banks, Zombie Markets and Zombie Governments have yet to get the memo. They have their fingers jammed securely in their ears, yelling, "La, la, la!" to drown out any naysayers, but even they heard the tsunami and the earthquake smack the foundations of their house of cards. How did it start the dominoes falling? Here is my opinion.

The Japanese economy, as John Mauldin likes to say, has been a "bug in search of a windshield" for two lost decades. This is the windshield. Rather than face tough economic choices, the Japanese banks--in collusion with Japan's major industrial houses--let bad loans fester. The only reason that things did not spiral out of control was the fact that they, as a country, had a high savings rate. The savings are evaporating since their population is tilting toward elderly, and elderly people pull their savings out of the bank and spend them. Japan is an oil and food importing couintry that depends on high tech exports in a world where less and less consumers can buy anything but necessities. You add the nuclear meltdowns (plural, my God I never thought that would be plural) to the devastation from the tsunami and the earthquake and I do not see how the Japanese can rebuild to anything like their former wealth (which was debt-based anyhow, and THAT was dependent on cheap oil).

How does this help topple the global house of cards? As I said above, this disaster was actually loud enough that people--even central bankers--heard it through their complacency. It's a tipping point. You add the escalating food shortages, which will only get worse since there will be less and less oil for farming, fertilizers, and freight; add the comnig water shortages (no oil to pump it out of the ground, depleted aquifers, water-rights fights) and the global crushing debt load, and it does not take much to push us over the edge.

We'v been like the coyote chasing a growth-centered road runner off a cliff, briefly suspended in midair before we fall. The canyon floor looks mighty hard and mighty far away.

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2
Hope I'm welcome here, I'm

Hope I'm welcome here, I'm enrolled now after spending 1 1/2 years un-enrolled.  Nothing there you don't all know in your gut already here.  Get your preps in order, get money out of the bank, top off your fuel, the world is coming un-glued. ...things seem to be accelerating rapidly.  I would cut and paste but probably get kicked offLaughing.

pete37's picture
pete37
Small world... very small...
Damnthematrix wrote:

What a great thread......  and surprise surprise, DTM isn't enrolled!  Why?  I have no "investments" as such and have no intentions of changing that, plus most of what is discussed in the enrolled forums (I assume) is Amero-centric, and as you should know, I'm Australian.

Mike

Holy Crap!!!!  Mike, you will hardly believe this!  I just read your Blog and when I was a kid (no, not a goat) I lived in Tuchekoi for a couple of years and went to Imbil State School.... OMG... I  have vivid memories of going into Pimona on weekends.... not very far from Cooran is it?  It is actually walking distance in an ideal world...

What a small world!  I live in the US at the moment & have been seriously considering buying my little piece of dirt in that region.... I really like your setup there & I am a BIG Solar fan.  We seriously need to talk!

I agree we don't have much time before economic implosion, but I am still not totally convinced it will lead to total anarchy.  It is a possibility and I am doing a lot of soul searching to appease the rational side of my brain.  I don't think the nuclear issue in Japan is any tangible threat to the US from a nuclear fallout perspective, but it certainly will contribute to the economic woes.

Rob Z's picture
Rob Z
Welcome Romans12

Welcome, I think the information presented here is accurate and timely. Hope it helps.

ehood's picture
ehood
Non-enrolled Member Dialog Alert! - Nuclear (and Economic) Meltd
Poet wrote:

Hi.

Please, for ONLY non-enrolled members!

Again, I repeat. PLEASE, only NON-enrolled folks need reply. (The rest of you enrolled members can sit back and eat popcorn if you want, and smile to yourself if you think we're totally off-track..)

For non-enrolled members, how about we use this topic areas as a forum to discuss and speculate on what Dr. Martenson is writing about in his most recent missive for enrolled members only: "Alert! - Nuclear (and Economic) Meltdown In Progress". Perhaps we can come to our own conclusions about what we need to do, independent of having read the information he has for enrolled members.

What do you think Dr. Martenson is talking about when he says:

cmartenson wrote:

This alert warns you that major world-changing events are now underway and that your personal preparations for an uncertain future should either be completed or take on a new sense of urgency. On the basis of the information contained here and in the past two days of posts, I am personally ratcheting up my preparations, making purchases, and topping off what needs to be topped off.

So whaddaya think? Is TS about to HTF?

How much time do  you think we got before we all gotta wear duct-taped garbage bag hoodie ponchos with N95 masks before venturing outside? Do we have to bring all the goats into the barn, herd the chickens into the kitchen and start spreading newspaper to collect manure for spring planting?

What preparations are you making or still need to make? What's still on your list that's not done yet? Do riots in Bahrain, empty supermarket shelves Tokyo, and potassium iodide shortages on the West Coast give you a taste of what to prep for?

Gimme your thoughts, folks. Let's have some fun (and sober discussion) with this. :-)

Poet

Hello Poet & other Non-members,

I have always been one of those who has believed in being prepared for the unexpected and keep a sense of what is going on beyond my street so to speak. However, if the arrival of unexpected  or expected events surpasses all the efforts for having prepared.....well then.......where do you turn?  If you have family they also can be overwhelmed. There will be those who will do all they can to protect their own. You can see this just standing in line at a theme park waiting to get on a ride or trying to watch a small parade. Adult men protect that space mapped out for the strollers, etc. so their children get to see that parade. But you also see parents of young children in resturants who order an abundance of food that is not eaten and the surrounding floor and table is littered with food that is left for the resturant staff to clean-up. And about those who are care takers of elderly relatives or diabled children?  I think black markets will develop and barter systems of all kinds.  I went into a small pawn shop a few weeks ago to try and sell a few pieces of jewlery I never wore. All of my really good/nice jewelery along with other valuable  had been stolen from the house I was renting 2-yrs ago. It  was considered a safe respectable area. They used my laundry basket to cart off my things.  I was amazed to see all kinds of items in that pawn shop (yard tools, surf boards, cell phones, CDs, cook stoves, camping gear). We all need to keep a level head when faced with extreme situations. Defending a spot for vieiwng a parade looks very different when it is for food, shelter or medical care. I've been a non-enrolled member of this forum for over a year now. It has been one of the most informative level thinking sources of information I've ever seen.  I'll continue to return as long as the access to the resources to do so are available to me.

In closing, I want to mention a book called The Powershift Era. Local libraries in my area will hold book sales or give away books no longer wanted. I happened to pick up this book. It is the third in a series #1 Future Shock # 2 The Third Wave #3 The Powershift Era which was published in 1990. Reading this book has been like reading today's headlines.

Sage

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
  Nothing huge really ... 

Nothing huge really ...  I finally  ordered  some solar panels ,  bought  a collodial silver machine,   more seeds ,   stocked up on Iodide tabs ,  Reusable canning lids .  Checked everyones bug out bag .   Bought a couple new saddles and fishing lures  .     Bought  more rice and fish ....  NOT eating anything that come from that direction .  More cocoa and sugar.    Set some more eggs under  Biddy   .  Oh  and bought more shampoo  for the storage ... I make lousy shampoo .   

Checked the rain gear ...  may not get caught out in the rain for a while .. weird I know . 

Started the regular seeds in the greenhouse and  got the tatters ready to plant  tomorrow !

Kind of ecclective  list huh ?

FM

maceves's picture
maceves
triple whammy

Japan has been important to us for so many reasons.  It's been our trading partner and  has helped shore up our debt for generations.  It's still the third biggest economy.   Even with its faltering economy, it has been stable and predictable.

Now what?

A triple whammy of one of the world's strongest earthquakes, a powerful tsunami, and a triple or quadruple nuclear accident?  Who would have thunk it?  What will they do?  What will we do?

It's as if countries are getting punched one by one----Russia, Pakistan, Australia, Japan, ...

As if our delicate balance, tipping towards disaster, is getting pushed again and again. Another punch, another push.

For those who have been watching for signs, this is another one.

Anyway, that's what I thought he meant.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
 I must admit  I am not

I must admit  I am not heading anywhere close to Yellowstone or the New madrid  fault line  until the  moon moves further  and solar flares slow down ..  I check the Earthquakes daily  : (       I  lived on the Island of Japan .. it rocked all the time .. I HATE  earthquakes !!!      Japan is sitting  on the edge of 4 plates .  True that I could be  hit by a bus tomorrow but I know where the nearest nuclear plant and Military base is from me and pay attention to which way the wind is blowing all the time .   I like to be ready  and am not living in a spirit of fear .

I am going to get my husbands lunch ready , pray for his trip on the train and take the kid to violin lessons .

What more can you do ?   I mean really  We would never have enough money to live through it all in the way we have  come to .

FM

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2
Full moon - I love your

Full moon - I love your shopping list!  I swear I lay in bed thinking "what to buy, what to buy?" 

What do you use the collodial silver machine for?  Do you know anyone drinking the water?  I just googled and read and was intrigued! 

We have the iodide rablets, but hope in michigan they won't be needed.  but sugar and cocoa and shampoo are on my list for this afternoon now, thanks.

Poet's picture
Poet
Roll Call - Non-Enrolled Members

Hi all.

I'd like to get an informal roll-call of active non-enrolled members.

Please post a comment - about what you think of Dr. Martenson's most recent alert, also of any preps or ideas you have - or just to let us know you are not an enrolled member.

I am not an enrolled member.

Poet

C.D.'s picture
C.D.
Non Enrolled Member

Not an enrolled member, and I may get blasted for this comment, but I think it's pretty shallow for C.M. to make and article that important only available to enrolled members.  $30 a month is expensive.  I've even tried sending an email asking for a reduced rate for a full time student but to no avail.  I've got a year's supply of dehydrated food, a really good water filter, emergency first aid equip, cash on hand for about 2 mo. expenses, some gold and silver,  I know I could be better prepared though.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

-C.D.

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1
I took a total of about 3

I took a total of about 3 seconds to read Poet's first post on this thread and I just had to post my own thoughts to CM's latest report excluding us "non enrolled" members. 

Sad, Sad, Very disappointing and Sad.

I really thought that CM and his staff were compassionate enough to know that when there is a true emergency that you don't lock the doors on the lower class (I just recently watched the movie Titanic), you don't lower the boats half empty, and you sure as hell don't bow to the club members lining your pocket books if they too are incabable of recognizing that now is not a time for division but rather it is a time in our history to be that person that we all hope we will be in a time of crisis.  Sacrificial.

Shame on you CM and the same goes for any "Enrolled Member" who is not voicing their complete distain for the eilitsm happening on this site during this tragic and historic event.

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1
Whew, got that off my

Whew, got that off my chest.  Strong I know but time is of the essense and every day that will pass and vital information is saved for paying members only is just nothing short of tragedy on top of tragedy.

Here's what I remember from reading this site in 08

take your cash out of the bank

break large bills down into smaller nominations to be more readily used

purchase any last minute preps now (includes the already mentioned food, tangibles like tools, water filters, seeds, etc. PM's) assuming you already have food preps.

consider using a portion of your cash reserves for these tangibles as inflation will eat away at the value of the dollar and tangibles may be hard to find later or not at all available

This was all in regard to a bank holiday and subsequent disruption in our JIT delivery system

Best of luck everyone and lets hope this latest CM report becomes available for the rest of humanity.

Cheers

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1
I am personally going to

I am personally going to purchase plastic sheeting and duct tape in quantities sufficient enough to cover all windows and vents in our home

(none of this will expire and will have multiple uses beyond the possible threat of radiation from Japan (which I think is minimal BTW))

more water containers

break down my larger dollar bills into smaller nominations and coin

top off gas containers (don't forget the gas preservative)

I already have the food and ammunition preps so good there ;)

hold my family just a little closer tonight

ao's picture
ao
unbelievable chutzpah
rocketgirl1 wrote:

I took a total of about 3 seconds to read Poet's first post on this thread and I just had to post my own thoughts to CM's latest report excluding us "non enrolled" members. 

I really thought that CM and his staff were compassionate enough to know that when there is a true emergency that you don't lock the doors on the lower class (I just recently watched the movie Titanic), you don't lower the boats half empty, and you sure as hell don't bow to the club members lining your pocket books if they too are incabable of recognizing that now is not a time for division but rather it is a time in our history to be that person that we all hope we will be in a time of crisis.  Sacrificial.

Shame on you CM and the same goes for any "Enrolled Member" who is not voicing their complete distain for the eilitsm happening on this site during this tragic and historic event.

It took me a total of about 2 seconds to feel obligated to say something here.  In case you haven't noticed, Chris works his butt off.  This site is a result of his labor.  He gives a LOT of information away for free.  And you want more?  For nothing?  When other people are paying their hard earned money to obtain this information?  Gimme a break!  This is how this man earns a living and supports this site.  He has a wife and kids to support also.  Pray tell, what gives you the right to say what is wrong or right for him to do with information he has worked long and hard to acquire.  Shame on you for the audacity to make such statements.     

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
 collodial silver we use 

collodial silver we use  for anti microbial and bacteria .   I always wondered how the pilgrims and such kept their water from going skunky . Now we know  Silver and gold ..  I now get my teeth crowned in gold .  I    Spray it on the plants ,   feed it to the bees in bee food.  Take it for infections , H5N1  will be headed  around the globe so I bought the nebulizer that goes with .  I bought the one over on the Alex Jones  info wars site .   I also listen to the podcasts on bepreparedradio.com  .. Fun stuff on gardening , health , self reliant living  OH my I could sit here on my but all day listening to  webinars on gardening and Healthy living LOL .   Blog I like to read is paratus family country wisdom ... I learned to can butter , cheese and such there . They have lived off grid for many years.  ANYWAY ... this is way more practical stuff for people like us that can not run out and buy gold  and such .

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2
I second AO.  I thought

I second AO. 

I thought this thread was kinda cute at first as a former steerage. 

I've been there, wanting to read more when I was feeling insecure.  It was a big decision for me to enroll.  It's been a huge blessing and invaluable.  Expecting good things for nothing just because it's nice is more than half the reason we are in this crisis IMO.  But that's for another thread. 

Like I said earlier, Chris has more than prepared you (for free I might add) for what you need to do.  Quit griping and get about your business.

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1
latest report for enrolled members only
ao wrote:
rocketgirl1 wrote:

It took me a total of about 2 seconds to feel obligated to say something here.  In case you haven't noticed, Chris works his butt off.  This site is a result of his labor.  He gives a LOT of information away for free.  And you want more?  For nothing?  When other people are paying their hard earned money to obtain this information?  Gimme a break!  This is how this man earns a living and supports this site.  He has a wife and kids to support also.  Pray tell, what gives you the right to say what is wrong or right for him to do with information he has worked long and hard to acquire.  Shame on you for the audacity to make such statements.     

ao

Every minute of everyday since this site began I would have not only agreed with you but I too would have defended CM in every manner possible, however, today is different.  It's time ao.  Now is the time we've all been thinking and preparing for and everyone deserves to have equal chance at doing everything they can for the ones they love and their communities.

I invite anyone, including CM to PM me if they want or even keep their comments public, that's fine too.

BTW, making an EM report open to the public is not new for CM and I do expect that to happen soon on this latest report.  It just makes me heart sick that it hasn't happened already. 

Please understand, I'm just concerned for those who won't have important information that will be vital in the coming days if not hours and I'm really shocked that this day isn't recognized as any different than any other day when it comes to "the giving units" (enrolled member funds).

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1
I don't mean to dodge any

I don't mean to dodge any bullets but I have (ironicly) a cummunity disaster and emergency meeting to attend to.  I'll check back later to defend or appologize for my position on this subject.

BTW, I was an enrolled member for a time and found it to be worth every penny and I also promote CM and The Crash Course every chance I get (along with many rolled eyes and blank stares from those who just don't see the need) .  I truly get the rightous desire to defend this latest report being exclusive.  I just think it's a mistake to keep it from people THIS TIME.

peace

Poet's picture
Poet
Ulterior Motive

To CD and Rocketgirl1

Yes, I had an ulterior motive in starting this thread.

Since I wanted to make sure we non-enrolled folks weren't missing out on this momentous "highest level alert to date" issued with a "heavy heart", I figured if this discussion about what we thought Dr. Martenson was sharing was ON TRACK or was going WAY OFF-BASE, someone enrolled would drop a (non-copyright-violated) an encouraging or corrective hint or two.

I think a couple of enrolled members have already chimed in that we got the gist of it, so I think we're good.

That said, I think most of Dr. Martenson's exclusive enrolled member content is for people who have money in the market. Honestly, if you've got money in the market, you can afford the membership fee. (If you have money in the market and can't afford the fee, then what kind of market moves are you making, anyway?)

For all of the rest of us in "steerage", we got the massive archive of "What Should I Do?" articles that is growing weekly, we get the hints Dr. Martenson drops as "teasers", and we've got discussion areas like this one.

Oh and another thought: I much prefer Dr. Martenson's in-depth free content and occasional teasers than trying to figure out what Ben Bernanke is really saying or planning. One is grounded in reality...

Poet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments