Rand Paul - Maybe a step in the right direction?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
MarkM's picture
MarkM
Rand Paul - Maybe a step in the right direction?

Rand Paul unveils $500 billion in cuts

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/48178.html

"Not to be outdone, Republican freshman Sen. Rand Paul introduced legislation Tuesday that seeks to cut $500 billion from government spending in one year alone, wiping out three cabinet departments and the entire foreign aid budget while sparing neither the Pentagon nor 2011 war-related funding for overseas military operations."

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Re: Rand Paul - Maybe a step in the right direction?

I have already contacted my two Senators urging their support of Senator Paul.  Would really like to see this one get some traction.

sosMsos's picture
sosMsos

There is no exception, politicians loose their moral or forget the agenda they had in mind after they connect to office.

Peter Schiff just told the same on friday that Ron Paul becomes more and more brainwashed the more he gets politically involved and talks himself more into  the mainstream shit.

Ron Paul is a sinking battleship! There will not be any change introduced by any of the politicians as long this money system exists and forces everybody to lie and loose his morals - thats a law  put on by our moneysystem.

I.e. defense budget, wether democrats nor republicans had critized that, though  having all these debts sitting on their shoulders.Thats another  law of moneysystem that this budget doesnt get cut.

(I mean comon 40-50% of your tax spendings go in military. I dont know any other country in the world that spends more than 10% of taxincome in military. Maybe Israel and North Corea)

earthwise's picture
earthwise
sosMsos wrote:

Peter Schiff just told the same on friday that Ron Paul becomes more and more brainwashed the more he gets politically involved and talks himself more into  the mainstream shit.

Ron Paul is a sinking battleship!

What is the basis for this opinion? Details, please.

dshields's picture
dshields

May the super natural deity of your choice bless the man.

He is on the right track but I don't think they can do it.  They simply do not have the moral courage to really cut spending.  After what has gone on with Obama, Reid, and Pelosi it is clear that the democrats have no interest in cutting.  There are not enough responsible people in Congress to pass the bills and even if they did Obama would veto them and no way they have the votes to override a veto.  So, we are left with basically strangling spending in the House until the 2012 election.  Even though the 2010 election was a landslide at the local, state, and federal levels, there were not enough democrats up for election to turn the tide.  In 2012 many more democrats are up for election.  Many of them will either lose to responsible people in their respective primaries or they will be defeated in the general election.  This will give the House and the Senate large majorities of people who will vote for responsible financial behavior in the federal government.  This will be a great thing with many positive byproducts.  The dollar will get stronger.  This will tend to lower commodity prices world wide thus helping reduce the cost of food and energy.  This will go a long way toward global stability and then maybe we can focus on other important matters like jobs, a sensible energy policy, a fair tax system, reducing transfer payments, and trying to change the entitlement mentality that got us into a lot of this mess to start with.  Clearly, we can not go on as we have been as this will lead to a world wide disaster.  People have to get back to fundamental American ideals like an honest days pay for an honest days work, self reliance, telling the truth, taking care of your family - all the stuff that used to be normal in America and is now called "right wing".

Question of the day - Why is what we used to consider "normal" now labeled as "right wing" ?  I am sorely tempted to start a thread based on this one question.

patrickhenry's picture
patrickhenry

If there were 51 Senator Rand Pauls, we'd stand a chance.  Alas, it's keep on preppin'

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments