radio interview on the financial empire system and debt-based money, KDKA Pittsburgh

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
strabes's picture
strabes
radio interview on the financial empire system and debt-based money, KDKA Pittsburgh

I really enjoyed a recent interview I did with Chris Moore, a radio host on KDKA Pittsburgh.  Chris is fun and his questions were great.  It was an exercise for me in how to get better at putting debt-based money in popular terms that work in normal media formats.

http://www.kdkaradio.com/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4574859

(the commercials get annoying...skip them by dragging the time indicator)

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Re: radio interview on the financial empire system and ...

Loved hearing you on a local radio station here in Pittsburgh!  The "callers" seemed to really welcome your presentation and a couple were very knowledgeable.  Chris Moore did a great interview and he was obviously well prepared in being familiar with your articles and videos.

BTW, KDKA was the world's first first commercially licensed radio station - beginning in 1920.

job well done!

Larry

strabes's picture
strabes

thanks Larry.  I'll bite...why did you put callers in quotes?

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Great interview Damon!  I wish more radio personalities would take this issue on as Chris did!  You did an admirable job and hope to hear you on more shows soon!  

Davos's picture
Davos
LogansRun wrote:

Great interview Damon!  I wish more radio personalities would take this issue on as Chris did!  You did an admirable job and hope to hear you on more shows soon!  

+1

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

strabes,

The quotes were just to differentiate the folks who called in from other "callers."  Nothing else implied. 

Larry

goes211's picture
goes211

Damon,

Do you really think that the system would be in less trouble if the labor movement was more powerful?  I completely sympathize with your feelings on debt based money and multinational corporations, but I have a hard time understanding how big labor is a solution.  Look and the places where big labor is the most powerful (the big 3 and state governments like California or Illinois), they are complete financial basket cases. To me big labor seems more parasitic than benefitial to American industry.

I also think you let the government off the hook a far too easily.  After all they are the only ones that have the power to control the banking system and limit the abuses of the large corporations.  Is congress any less complicit, just because they were bought off and serve a new set of masters?

strabes's picture
strabes

yeah after I listened to the interview I really wish I had clarified that when I say "labor" I don't mean Chicago machine "big labor."  I just mean all of us, average Americans, citizens, workers, the people getting raped by the financier class.

I don't think govt should be let off the hook.  I just want people to understand the real power in our system.  People must learn how controlling money controls politicians.  I'm fighting a massive media machine that programs everyone to focus on politicians, but they're relatively powerless compared to those who control and benefit from money.  I mean, a caller said that guys like Frank/Dodd are "millionaires" and they're the principal architects of this stuff. That shows a remarkable lack of understanding of how this works.  1) if she thinks residential mortgages are the problem, she couldn't be more wrong, 2) if she thinks a couple podunk guys could have architected the broader strategy, she's clueless, 3) if she thinks millionaires matter, even low level billionaires, she's on the wrong planet, 4) if she thinks rotating in the Republicans will fix it, perhaps she should cut back on the hallucinogens. 

When mafias ran state machines, fed prosecutors didn't say "just replace your politicians to fix your governments."  They had to get in deep, do the dirty work, and take down the real power that held everyone hostage.  Same thing here.  Unfortunately we don't have a higher level government than the fed level to prosecute this, so now it's up to the people to "get in deep, do the dirty work, and take down the real power."

goes211's picture
goes211

Fair enough.  The "labor" comments were shocking when I heard them but I kind of figured that was were you were coming from when that woman started with the Republican talking points about Frank/Dodd and the Community Reinvestment Act.  I just wanted to make sure. 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

strabes wrote:

yeah after I listened to the interview I really wish I had clarified that when I say "labor" I don't mean Chicago machine "big labor."  I just mean all of us, average Americans, citizens, workers, the people getting raped by the financier class.

The terminology gets confusing when we try to apply our class system against historic references.  The workers (labor) have typically been placed below the bourgeois class which owned property and were better off.  In other revolutions the working class was at odds with the bourgeois class.  Of course the winners would be the elite who hold their role at the top.

In our culture I think it would be more accurate to say that the bourgeois class is the middle class which includes most of the workers/laborers.  As we continue to move to communism/fascism the goal is to eliminate the middle class to create a lower class that owns no private property and lives in poverty.

Larry  

Luc's picture
Luc
radio interview on the financial empire system and ...

Damon,

I would like to thank you for your contribution to society.

I know a little bit more (now) about the debt based money system and the méandres that attaches itself to it and yet simply hearing a clear explanation of this reality takes a little rock out of my emotional pack sac.

I can see how you must create a lot of relief and therefore some wellbeing to listeners and readers as they, maybe for the first time in their life, can make sense out of the bizare economic event around them. 

Your actions probably provide a sense of empowerment finding its source in the newly acquired knowledge.

This feeling of empowerment may be the source of a desire to contribute to change in our small way.

I would like to thank you.

Luc

strabes's picture
strabes

Larry, I agree being specific with the terminoloogy is tough.  I think the workers in the US who live check to check and don't have the ability to save are more akin to proletariat than bourgeois.  So savings = bourgeois in my mind.  And savings disappear during massive economic crises...once the 3E's play out.  So whether folks agree it's planned or not, much of the bourgeois will no longer be bourgeois.  By definition that means we're moving to a 2-tiered society, as economist Michael Hudson explains quite well. 

Luc, I appreciate that.  That's one of the reasons I wanted to do the series.  We get bombarded daily with hundreds of stories and nonstop media and we all have mental frameworks through which we filter it.  All of the normal frameworks, wrong in my view (left vs. right, "everything works out in the end,"  "everything in govt is corrupt," "I trust my government," "Wall St is benevolent," etc), seem to lead to a ton of frustration and stress because they just don't match up to reality and it renders people powerless.  I thought trying to explain a truer framework to use when filtering through news would help.  I'd call my framework something like "financial oligarchy and the power of debt."  Thanks again!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments