Radio Free Russia

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Radio Free Russia

It's become a sad sad era when I, an American that lived through the Cold War, have to rely in Russian Television News for information about what my government is up to.

Since our "Pravda" is actually a corporate media cartel composed of CNN, CNBC, REUTERS, AP, ABC, MSNBC, NYT, LA Times, Washington Post, Washington Times, CBS, NBC, and a few others masquerading as an "independant media", I have found Russia Times to be an extraordinary source of information regarding what our government is up to, given that the former is more concerned about destroying political opposition, misinformation, and pure distraction.

Did I mention outright fibbin'?

For instance, did this make CNN? I think not.

I wanted to share this with you folks. Perhaps you can add other sources of free press to this thread so that we can all benefit.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Re: Radio Free Russia

Correction. Russia Today

http://www.russiatoday.com/Politics.html

CB's picture
CB

Thanks for posting that, and no, of course I hadn't seen any coverage of this. Too bad the reporter wasn't a little more experienced though.

Russian news does provide some very good international coverage - just don't expect any searching commentary on the state of affairs within Russia. All independent media have been shut down or muzzled by the central government.

I have often thought that when Bush Jr. first visited Putin and "saw his soul" that what really happened was that Bush saw a very intelligent, very powerful man with essentially dictatorial powers and felt great envy for him - realized that he wanted the same power in this country.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Morpheus,

Thanks for the nice dig, I knew about Bloomberg but not about Fox.  This is blatant deceit by the corporate media in burying this story.

Larry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments